Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

The father didn't contact the police until 14 hours or so after the incident. What kind of parent isn't saying WTF it's 1AM, 2AM, 4AM - where is Trayvon? (This is how Whitlock put it).

There's a case two counties over from me that a father didn't report his 9 month old son missing for two weeks. Yes, two weeks! And it was only after the grandparents wanted to know where the child was. He reports that he left them on the front porch of his house while he went in the back door because they were locked out.

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/06/utica_police_search_for_child.html

Jevon Wameling told police that two weeks ago he left his child unattended for a few minutes in front of his home on Jay Street. He realized he was locked out of the house and went around to the back to get inside. When he went back to the front of the house, the child was missing, he said. Levon Wameling was not reported missing until family members asked about the child, police said.

Later articles mention the mother was in re-hab, so she didn't know the kid was missing until someone told her.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gene ignores the justice department transgressions and I'm not fan of that won ton disregard for the truth either, but he can criticize those photos in any and every way possible and still be right about it.

I've always thought Gene was more the 'hot and sour' type myself.

There's a case two counties over from me that a father didn't report his 9 month old son missing for two weeks. Yes, two weeks! And it was only after the grandparents wanted to know where the child was. He reports that he left them on the front porch of his house while he went in the back door because they were locked out.

http://www.syracuse...._for_child.html

Later articles mention the mother was in re-hab, so she didn't know the kid was missing until someone told her.

Thats the Casey Anthony playbook.

Oh, you don't get it. Chicago is referenced ad nauseum because Obama is from Chicago and it's a place where those black thug gangbangers often get killed by other black thug gangbangers. It's intended as a shot at the president and represents kind of a not-so-secret handshake among Fox News aficionados.

Funny how lost your mind can get.

People like myself don't point to Chicago because it's Obama's town. We point to Chicago because you can't go out for a donut in the morning without a 17-year-old black boy being murdered in cold blood so some thug can earn the stripes to join a gang.

It happens all the time there, but people like yourself don't care about THAT truth. You only care about the teenage boys being murdered when it suits your own narrative...and even when you screw THAT up, you can't admit it, so you come up with new phrases like "white Hispanic." And then you take a guy who twice voted for Obama, who tutored black children, who had black kids living in his house and who actually helped a black guy who was being targeted by a cop, and spend all your time calling him a freaking racist.

You Trayvonites are hypocritical dumbasses of the largest kind, and your schitt WILL float for all to see soon.

RACISM IN AMERICA: Black Man With Pistol Permit Shoots White Teen, Is Acquitted.

Funny, didn’t get much coverage — not politically useful.

Prof. Jacobson: Feds want Zimmerman, any way they can get him — This no longer is about George Zimmerman, it’s about a Department of Justice serving political interests.

There’s a reason we stand up for the rights of individuals like George Zimmerman against an overreaching State.

It’s not just about the individual. It’s about all of us, and the reality that there but for fortune could go you or I.

The highly politicized Department of Justice desperately wants to bring federal charges to placate the race-agitators, and has joined in the witch hunt.

Via The Orlando Sentinel, DOJ solicits email tips in Zimmerman civil rights probe (h/t readers and commenters):

The U.S. Department of Justice on Monday afternoon appealed to civil rights groups and community leaders, nationally and in Sanford, for help investigating whether a federal criminal case might be brought against George Zimmerman for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, one advocate said.

The DOJ has also set up a public email address to take in tips on its civil rights investigation.

{snip}

This no longer is about George Zimmerman.

It’s about a Department of Justice which does not deserve our trust and is a threat to our liberties.

Hey, call me old-fashioned. I don’t think the government should be in the business of identifying political targets first, trying to figure out if a crime was committed second.

RACISM IN AMERICA: Black Man With Pistol Permit Shoots White Teen, Is Acquitted.

Prof. Jacobson: Feds want Zimmerman, any way they can get him — This no longer is about George Zimmerman, it’s about a Department of Justice serving political interests.

There’s a reason we stand up for the rights of individuals like George Zimmerman against an overreaching State.

It’s not just about the individual. It’s about all of us, and the reality that there but for fortune could go you or I.

The highly politicized Department of Justice desperately wants to bring federal charges to placate the race-agitators, and has joined in the witch hunt.

Via The Orlando Sentinel, DOJ solicits email tips in Zimmerman civil rights probe (h/t readers and commenters):

The U.S. Department of Justice on Monday afternoon appealed to civil rights groups and community leaders, nationally and in Sanford, for help investigating whether a federal criminal case might be brought against George Zimmerman for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, one advocate said.

The DOJ has also set up a public email address to take in tips on its civil rights investigation.

{snip}

This no longer is about George Zimmerman.

It’s about a Department of Justice which does not deserve our trust and is a threat to our liberties.

Hey, call me old-fashioned. I don’t think the government should be in the business of identifying political targets first, trying to figure out if a crime was committed second.

If I had a son, he'd be Christopher Cervini (because his last name sounds Italian)

The parellels between the two cases are stunning.

So dies the narrative that: "If George Zimmerman had been a black man, and Trayvon Martin had been white; Zimmerman would have been convicted."

The parellels between the two cases are stunning.

So dies the narrative that: "If George Zimmerman had been a black man, and Trayvon Martin had been white; Zimmerman would have been convicted."

..but GZ was white Hispanic. So you cannot compare the two.

Also, those blaming the relaxed FL gun laws need to read that case. NY gun control laws are tight.

I know the TV told you that your take on this is cool, popular, & enlightened, but to any reasonable adult you come off as a post-adolescent MTV disciple who hasn't grown enough as an individual to have learned how to critically evaluate your own thoughts. You seem like the kind of guy who would decide to like a band & become an impassioned fan because some girl you like was in to them. It's not very cool or masculine, it's actually quite weak and feminine to be led by emotion and other men. A man keeps a level head & thinks for himself. You might want to man up.

Na....I don't listen to Coldplay or Dave Matthews thank you very much...

Prosecution was a joke.......next time some creepy ass cracker chases one of you with a gun we will see what happens...

Will the gunman take your pants down? Take your wallet ? Or would you punch him in the face like Trayvon did?

This whole thing lives in the grey IMO. Like I said from the start call the police get out the way...neurotic Georgie played a huge part.

Nothing's changed on my end. Florida is Florida I guess kinda a crazy state and it'll get crazier now.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

..but GZ was white Hispanic. So you cannot compare the two.

Also, those blaming the relaxed FL gun laws need to read that case. NY gun control laws are tight.

The guy in that story made even dumber moves than Zimmerman.

You don't announce that you have a gun and tell the people to freeze. If you do, you are likely to get a reaction exactly like he got. Plus he entered a situation where people were directly breaking the law placing his safety in immediate danger. Zimmerman left his vehicle to pursue a suspicious looking person the chances of entering a dangerous situation were less for Zimmerman. Both moves show an ignorance of your own safety, but the former is a much more brazen disregard for your safety than the latter. Plus the fact he admits he was the one that started the confrontation, whereas that's still an unknown in the Zimmerman case.

Had Zimmerman done any of those things, he would likely be in jail.

Prosecution was a joke.......next time some creepy ass cracker chases one of you with a gun we will see what happens...

Will the gunman take your pants down? Take your wallet ? Or would you punch him in the face like Trayvon did?

This whole thing lives in the grey IMO. Like I said from the start call the police get out the way...neurotic Georgie played a huge part.

Nothing's changed on my end. Florida is Florida I guess kinda a crazy state and it'll get crazier now.

Enough with the racist rhetoric asshat.

Lost in the Zimmerman Trial Coverage: Homicide Rate for Youth at 30-Year Low

Late last week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the homicide rate for those 10 to 24 years of age has hit a 30-year low. Let’s credit USA TODAY for running an article on this news while acknowledging that this report was lost in the tireless news coverage of the George Zimmerman trial verdict.

http://www.nssfblog.com/lost-in-the-zimmerman-trial-coverage-homicide-rate-for-youth-at-30-year-low/

"We should ask ourselves if we're doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. …That's the way to honor Trayvon Martin." -- Pres. Obama (July 14) calling for more Gun Control.

You do realize that there was no probable cause to bring this to a criminal proceeding to begin with right?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

It's not your final opinion on the case that is irritating, but how you get there. You base your opinion on a story we know didn't happen. But saying he chased him with a gun, despite being utter horseshit, is much better for the case you've for some reason adopted and advocated than the truth is.

Also, if you were given this fact pattern on a criminal law exam & your answer was based primarily on Zimmerman getting out of the car after being advised he didn't have to, you would be lucky to slide by with a D-.

Edited by Rob's House

Fair enough Alaska.....

And fair enough Rob.... I get it

But the situation just seems a little improbable IMO. The whole start a fight w a random stranger strikes me as odd FWIW.

Starting a fight w someone chasing u w a gun sounds more probable but I guess that's just me Roddy White, Victor Cruz and 95% of all black folks think.

It is a little racial no matter what anyone says here.....at 7pm white people are walking there dogs its all normal, when Trayvon walks at 7pm he's suspicious and now he's dead.

It's all over now though...congrats to the GZ heads. Justice has been served Florida style.

Edited by Ryan L Billz