Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

Chris Matthews is... well...he is going Chris Matthews.

Thank you for reminding me. I just saw the most acute set of inane babble, ever, and I work in IT. That was F'ing hilarious.

The speaker clearly had heard someone use the word "confluence"...but...he didn't quite remember the whole phrase.

So, in his strain to try an parrot what he heard, he actually described the opposite of a confluence, while saying confluence, at the same time. :lol:

He eventually sorta corrected it.

And the kicker? Chris Matthews ended the segment by saying they didn't have time for a thoughtful discussion. :lol: Yeah, that's it Chris, there wasn't time. :lol: It wasn't that the speaker wasn't incapable of having a thoughtful discussion: because nothing he was saying were his own thoughts....nah. :lol:

The truth is: there wasn't time for the clown to get his parroting out properly.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is one of those rare times when you can clearly tell who followed the trial and who didn't, and the more you see people protesting, the more you realize they are doing what they were told to do, not what they think they should do.

Exactly. I even had a brief twitter fight with an actress that I follow. She had said something about the racial verdict and I said did you watch the trial..............She said what is the point of my question. She watched enough to know it was racist BS!

Exactly. I even had a brief twitter fight with an actress that I follow. She had said something about the racial verdict and I said did you watch the trial..............She said what is the point of my question. She watched enough to know it was racist BS!

I hope it was Olivia Wilde who attacked Anne coutlure

Who was it?

This is one of those rare times when you can clearly tell who followed the trial and who didn't, and the more you see people protesting, the more you realize they are doing what they were told to do, not what they think they should do.

As I said to FJ, this is just a clear example of how polarized people are in their opinions.

It's not just a leftist thing as I've heard some pretty disgusting comments from right wingers.

Edited by meazza

clearly you're still not watching...Al Sharpton.

I am...this is close, but not as bad as the bumble F I just witnessed.

That guy literally was prepped, prior to show. His is an actor, but stumbled on his script. :lol:

That's because Matthews failed to frame the question in a way that would have fit the script.

HOLY MORON: The man has been found not guilty, morons. That means that the criminal aspect of this : IS over. Jesus Christ on the Cross. :wallbash:

More and more often I think that splitting the nation into 2 is a good idea. The gun control, open border, anti-war wealth redistibutionists into one. Those the believe more in our existing constitution and in the principles of our founders in the other. There would still be plenty of room for 2 or more political parties in each nation. I really don't see a way to bridge the canyon that separates the competing ideologies. We really are on a slow path to suicide in this nation.

What Federal Law Has Zimmerman Violated?

By John Yoo

I’m no civil-rights lawyer, but it is hard to see how the federal government could win a case against Zimmerman (which is why the Justice Department is using the slippery phrase that it is “investigating” him, rather than bringing charges), particularly after he was just unanimously acquitted in Florida. There is no double jeopardy here, but the prosecutors in Florida, who were the most familiar with the evidence and the court, could not even get one juror to side with them.

Even more difficult than the facts is the underlying “crime.” What federal law has Zimmerman violated? Why should the federal government intervene in murder, the prosecution of which is the job of the states? The main civil-rights laws are targeted at defendants who deprive others of their federal rights acting under “color of law” — i.e., acting on behalf of the state.

That is the whole point of the Reconstruction Amendments, which the civil-rights laws implement: to prevent states from depriving their residents of their constitutional rights. The Reconstruction Amendments do not make private discrimination a crime — there is no real federal interest at stake if you don’t like your neighbor because of his race. Zimmerman was not acting as an officer of any government — indeed, the state of Florida just tried to prosecute him for the crime.

DOJ may consider some other possibilities, such as a federal hate-crimes law or laws prohibiting private conspiracies to deprive people of their federal rights. Prosecuting Zimmerman under these laws, I think, would pose serious constitutional problems.

Here is a crime that is purely intrastate, by one private individual against another private individual. There is no broad conspiracy to frustrate federal law, perhaps in silent cooperation with state authorities, as happened in days gone by with the Klu Klux Klan.

If Zimmerman was motivated by racial bias — however reprehensible that would be if true — it is still difficult for me to see the interest and power of the federal government at stake. Zimmerman could claim that the federal government has no constitutional authority to pursue him, and might even have a fair chance to litigate that up the federal courts — maybe all the way to the Supremes.

Here’s a listing of the criminal statutes enforced by the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ. Take a good look and see if there’s anything that could even come close to applying to Zimmerman. It’s hard to see what federal right was violated — unless one thinks it’s the right to life, in which case the Justice Department should be investigating every murder in the country where the victim is a minority.

Edited by B-Man

More and more often I think that splitting the nation into 2 is a good idea. The gun control, open border, anti-war wealth redistibutionists into one. Those the believe more in our existing constitution and in the principles of our founders in the other. There would still be plenty of room for 2 or more political parties in each nation. I really don't see a way to bridge the canyon that separates the competing ideologies. We really are on a slow path to suicide in this nation.

I am worried about this.

See, most people will not believe me but Florida is bringing down the South. In VA, SC, NC, GA, AL, and even some times TN we get things done pretty damn good. But Florida brings us down.

If they did this it'd be hard. You a-holes up North ... yes, you're mostly A-holes. See a conference down here I attended a while back where a guy from NY or NJ was making fun of the rural South yokels and how backward we are. I didn't bother getting in to it with him. It sure looks like the north is doing so great now. Make fun of the South all you want but it's better then NY.

I am worried about this.

See, most people will not believe me but Florida is bringing down the South. In VA, SC, NC, GA, AL, and even some times TN we get things done pretty damn good. But Florida brings us down.

If they did this it'd be hard. You a-holes up North ... yes, you're mostly A-holes. See a conference down here I attended a while back where a guy from NY or NJ was making fun of the rural South yokels and how backward we are. I didn't bother getting in to it with him. It sure looks like the north is doing so great now. Make fun of the South all you want but it's better then NY.

Florida brings the south down? FL brings AL TN, GA, NC, SC, VA down? lol...Florida is a superior state to all of those. Florida is one of the best states in teh entire nation. Not sure what causes you to say this. Zombies? Election **** ups? Trayvon? These are small things the scheme of things. Florida has it all.

I've been in 40 states now, and Florida is the dumbest, by far.

I've actually spent more time in FL than in all but 4 of the ones I've been, and lived there for a cumulative of 15 months, so, no, this is not about the bad time I had one weekend. This is about treating blatant stupidity as no big deal. An attitude that is most prevalent in FL.

1(one) story: It's the only place where I've been proofed for a 12 pack of Coke, twice, in 2 separate stores, 2 miles from each other, in the same week. Another: Drive around Tampa. Laugh. There's no point in getting angry, because you can't keep getting pissed off every 10 seconds...for an hour straight. I doubt even DC_Tom could maintain that, and he has to deal with the beltway.

There is no doubt that saying ALL people in FL are dumb is wrongheaded. It's just as ignorant as saying all people from NJ are annoying.

However, that is only because the rest of us force ourselves to this conclusion, and not because the people in FL and NJ do a good job of disproving it.

:lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I've been in 40 states now, and Florida is the dumbest, by far.

I won't consider your opinion informed until you visit the other 17.

I thought the whole point of the DOJ investigation now was to investigate the TRIAL to see if racial bias affected the result.

Unless, as some have suggested, they should charge Zimmerman with violating Martin's "civil right to life." I'd actually like to see that, since it would illustrate more clearly than anything how truly !@#$ed this country has become.

I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two three parents who lost their young son.

Fixed that for you, dad...

The divide is so sharp and bright, you should have to be able to prove you read the court transcripts to even begin to discuss this case.

You all should take the time to read this quick essay by Tim Wise. I know most of you won't but here is the link: http://www.timwise.o...to-my-daughter/

An excerpt:

Jesus Christ, you are an idiot. Any other boogie men that don't exist that you're afraid of? is there some epidemic of "people who want to kill blacks in Florida" that simply aren't being reported? Yeah, didn't think so.

BTW, in the 500 or so days since Trayvon Martin was killed in a self-defense action, over 10k black men have been killed. 94% have been killed by other black men. That's over 20 per day. Has that got something to do with "Stand Your Ground"? Evil white Hispanic people who want to kill black men? Yeah, didn't think so.

Turn off your !@#$ing television, drone. You're too stupid to watch it without supervision.

BTW, in the 500 or so days since Trayvon Martin was killed in a self-defense action, over 10k black men have been killed. 94% have been killed by other black men. That's over 20 per day. Has that got something to do with "Stand Your Ground"? Evil white Hispanic people who want to kill black men? Yeah, didn't think so.

But "black on black" crime isn't a racial issue, like white-on-black crime is.

Well that didn't take long....

George Zimmerman Trial Juror To Write Book

Juror B37 in the George Zimmerman trial has signed (along with her attorney husband) with literary agent and Martin Literary Management president Sharlene Martin.

another article - http://gawker.com/george-zimmerman-juror-b37-hates-media-called-trayvon-787873533

Here's a nice little nugget: Melissa Harris-Perry, yeah, the lady with a history of unabashed idiocy, just admitted that basically, the system worked, the jury gave the correct verdict based on the evidence that was presented to them.

Then she said the system is bad, and the laws that we have are bad.

If, by her own admission, the system worked, and produced the right result, based on the evidence, how the F is it ...bad?

These people on MSNBC are contorting themselves hilariously. This is the best night of cable news since 2010.

Stuff like

"Urban culture is under attack."

Was he saying it like a good thing or a bad thing?

However, that is only because the rest of us force ourselves to this conclusion, and not because the people in FL and NJ do a good job of disproving it.

:lol:

Like you said, most people in nj

I am worried about this.

Living in Virginia I gotta admit that the northern part, meh. They can go ahead and join Maryland