Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

At the end of the day this is what happened: A kid wanted some candy during the NBA All-Star halftime. He went out and got it and then was chased down and killed by a man over 100 pounds bigger with a gun. Trayvon had no chance.

The last person to talk to Trayvon, while he was being followed: http://gma.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-killing-friend-phone-teen-death-recounts-063243901--abc-news.html

Nearly a year and a half after you posted this you are still just as ignorant. You haven't done one thing to actually educate yourself regarding the specifics of this case, but you sure have strong opinions about it. Did you come from the same litter as dog?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My thread is still alive!

Obviously, I'm outraged by the outcome. Florida's stupid laws let George Zimmerman kill a teenager with no consequence. George Zimmerman's words are apparently enough to claim self defense. He will always be a coward to me.

Things like turning Trayvon Martin into a "gangbanger" and "thug" (white America's favorite words to describe black kids) were despicable but par for the course. I hope all those other cowards, the ones who contributed to the Zimmerman defense fund are happy. The "truth" came out.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2012/05/24/update-26-part-2-trayvon-martin-shooting-a-year-of-drug-use-culminates-in-predictable-violence/

The second he followed/harrassed a black kid because he was......black.

My bad. Can you point to the evidence that he followed/harassed Trayvon because he was black? I must have missed that part of the trial. Was it before or after Trayvon referred to him as a crazy-ass cracker?

Please be specific.

Nope, you'll just never get it. He followed him because he was black which made him suspicious.

Actually, Zimmerman stated on a recorded line with the police why he thought Martin was suspicious. He was wandering around the neighborhood, at night, in the rain, cutting through yards; and he was hiding his identity with a hoodie. This in a area that had been heavily victimized by break-ins in the recent history.

Martin was not identified by race until the dispatcher asked him, and he statted that he "looked black". This comming from a man who shares Martin's racial history.

The entire situation was a travesty. A kid died because of George Zimmerman's actions. That is a fact. Race played a role even though you all wrongly disagree and I get that. The system may have "worked" but the system is broke and rarely do we see justice for people of color. The pessimist in me thinks that will never change either.

Martin is also dead because of Martin's action. That is a fact.

"playing a role" doesn't equal murder. That is a fact.

You and other are using this excuse to throw huge volumes of sh-- at the wall just so you can play the "broken system" card. That is a fact.

I was disgusted with other white Americans gloating

Who is gloating?? More bullsh-- strawmen that you throw out and can't back up.

White people love to rally behind causes like this. Don Imus insults black women in an unbelievable manner, whites say they'll tune in to his show. Paula Deen uses racial slurs, whites rush to buy her cookbooks. George Zimmerman kills a black teenager in self defense, whites donate to make sure he goes free. The list goes on, and it's embarrassing to me.

Is that the same Don Imus that was fired by white people from his show after making those comments? And the same Paula Dean that was fired from her show by whites? And dropped from all her sponsorships by whites?

You are a !@#$ing retard. That is a fact.

Actually, Zimmerman stated on a recorded line with the police why he thought Martin was suspicious. He was wandering around the neighborhood, at night, in the rain, cutting through yards; and he was hiding his identity with a hoodie. This in a area that had been heavily victimized by break-ins in the recent history.

Martin was not identified by race until the dispatcher asked him, and he statted that he "looked black". This comming from a man who shares Martin's racial history.

See TYTT....................You'll never get it......... :lol:

I guess he missed.

1) Eyewitness of Trayvon on top of Zimmerman

2) Lead detective saying George Zimmerman interviews are consistent and that he believed him.

3) Lead detective impled that Tracy Martin said that wasn't his son (Trayvon) screaming on the tape

4) Evidence that George Zimmerman was assualted by Trayvon.

5) No evidence that Trayvon was assualted prior to gunshot.

Thats only the tip of the iceberg.

You missed my favorite:

6) When police told Zimmerman there was video of the incident, he replied, "Thank God!"

Martin is also dead because of Martin's action. That is a fact.

"playing a role" doesn't equal murder. That is a fact.

You and other are using this excuse to throw huge volumes of sh-- at the wall just so you can play the "broken system" card. That is a fact.

fjl2nd is just another "I don't believe people should be responsible for the outcomes of their choices" hack. You can't take him seriously, as his thought process doesn't deserve it.

A careful inspection of the evidence lends itself towards Zimmerman's narrative. Martin likely chose to assault him, and paid the ultimate price, but that price was the result of his own choices. Martin chose to get shot that fateful night.

The fact that it happed is tragic, but not criminal.

NBC using the "but everyone else was doing it" defense

f Zimmerman is convicted, that fact alone will constitute substantial evidence that the destruction of his reputation is the result of his own criminal conduct, and not of the broadcasts at issue which, like countless other news reports disseminated by media entities throughout the country, reported on the underlying events.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2013/07/14/zimmerman-lawyer-to-move-asap-against-nbc-news/

Edited by NoSaint

Why respond to this race-baiting coward? He/she/it didn't have the guts to show up for about 150 pages of this thread where 99.99% of their trashy racist ideas were debunked. Now he/she/it shows up to give us a lesson on what we didn't learn during the ensuing months of fact finding and trial information because he/she/it watched Nancy Grace religiously for months.

It's worthless to discuss this with a person like that. Their convicted of their beliefs and no amount of facts and common sense will disabuse them of their "knowledge". Another example of a Liberal with an "open mind". :wallbash:

Will the contents of Travon Obama's high school locker and phone be made available to the jury in the civil trial? I wonder if the burglary loot they found there can be tracked to any of the break in burglaries in his father's gated community. It would be quite ironic if T.O. Was proved to be one of (or the) burglar(s) that plagued that community. I don't recall hearing anything at all about the burglaries continuing after T.O. Was shot.

NBC using the "but everyone else was doing it" defense

http://www.washingto...ainst-nbc-news/

Was everyone else doing........................................this ? ?

NBC’s version of the phone call had Zimmerman say the following about Martin:

“This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

But in reality the two sentences were separated by a question the 911 dispatcher asked. The original phone call transcript ran like this:

Zimmerman: "We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about."

911 Dispatcher: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: “He looks black.

If one compares the NBC version with the original transcript, it appears the channel jettisoned Zimmerman’s real explanation on why he thought Martin looked suspicious, and also got rid of the dispatcher’s question.

Will the contents of Travon Obama's high school locker and phone be made available to the jury in the civil trial? I wonder if the burglary loot they found there can be tracked to any of the break in burglaries in his father's gated community. It would be quite ironic if T.O. Was proved to be one of (or the) burglar(s) that plagued that community. I don't recall hearing anything at all about the burglaries continuing after T.O. Was shot.

to be fair, there was an arrest in the burglaries before he was shot... so odds are that has more to do with it. that and i imagine everyone stayed far away from back alleys in that hood for a bit.

he couldve been a part of it but im not loving the "im not saying but im kind of saying" approach to that one.

A careful inspection of the evidence lends itself towards Zimmerman's narrative. Martin likely chose to assault him, and paid the ultimate price, but that price was the result of his own choices. Martin chose to get shot that fateful night.

I think you probably meant that Martin chose the actions that led to his shooting that night. I don't think he chose getting shot.

I understood that items in his locker were linked to burglaries. He might have been casing the area from the description on the transcript of the 911 call. The MSM went to great lengths in their speculation about Zimmerman's racism. Speculation can be made about T.O.'s motives for his behavior that night too.

We'll never know unless it's brought up in another trial.

I think you probably meant that Martin chose the actions that led to his shooting that night. I don't think he chose getting shot.

He didn't know that he chose to get shot, but he did choose it.

It's like being on a game show. When the Cadillac is behind door number 2, and you choose door number 2, you didn't know you were choosing the Cadillac, but that's what you choose.

Let's play lawyer for a second. Murder 2 requires that the accused acted with "depraved mind with no regard for human life" in FL.

Zimmerman is an asshat's asshat for sure. He should have stayed in the car.He should not have confronted Martin. Or if when confronted by Martin, retreated back. But that's just his keystone cop security guard stupidity. None of that is "depraved mind with no regard for human life," and that is what the prosecution could not show.

Manslaughter in FL requires no such mindset, although self-defense would probably have been his defense to manslaughter and there was no evidence that Zimmerman acted in anything but self-defense.

Hard case to prove for the prosecution. Sad that Martin is dead. Seems preventable if Zimmerman wasn't a stupid eff. But being a stupid eff doesn't make him a murderer or even a guy who committed manslaughter.

Edited by John Adams

Manslaughter in FL requires no such mindset, although self-defense would probably have been his defense to manslaughter and there was no evidence that Zimmerman acted in anything but self-defense.

Hard case to prove for the prosecution. Sad that Martin is dead. Seems preventable if Zimmerman wasn't a stupid eff. But being a stupid eff doesn't make him a murderer or even a guy who committed manslaughter.

Actually, the prosecution did add the charge of manslaughter to the list of possible charges Zimmerman could've been convicted of. And that didn't stick either.

I also find it really strange that everyone's saying Zimmerman was stupid for calling the police and following Martin. Isn't that what neighborhood watches are SUPPOSED to be doing, watching and reporting suspicious activity to police, just like GZ did? Yeah, people are claiming that he was stalking TM even after he was told not to, but the evidence doesn't support those claims -- they don't support anything other than GM was looking for a street sign to report back to the police. That part really confuses me.

Nope, you'll just never get it. He followed him because he was black which made him suspicious.

When Zimmerman was asked about the race of the kid by the dispatcher he said:

"He looks black."

That is right there on the tape; the same tape which should result in Zimmerman being the new majority stockholder of NBC. He did not say "He is black" he said "He looks black".

This cannot eliminate race as a factor but if he were purely a racist that would mean he was following him not because he was black, but because he might be black. Nothing could ever completely erase race as a possible factor even if Zimmerman were black himself, but I would think it should at least make one think that race might not be a factor. You seem to have concluded that race was not only a factor but the primary factor despite the use of the word "looks" in place of "is" and despite the fact that Zimmerman had previously called in to 911 about both black and non-black people he suspected of one thing or another.

My take on Zimmerman, which is probably not fully informed, is that he was well intended but way over his head and over zealous in his neighborhood watch activities, probably not mentally equipped to carry a gun and ran into the wrong kid at the wrong time. My take on Martin is that he went out for a snack, came home, got a bit lost in his new neighborhood where everything looks the same, got nervous, got pissed, had the feeling of invincibility most 17 year olds have, and decided to pick a physical fight. I have no way of knowing whether he said "you're going to die tonight", saw the gun, etc. I also have no way of knowing if Zimmerman is being truthful about that. Only two people really know that and one of them is dead.

The big man upstairs knows if Zimmerman is a racist or not and that is all that really matters. People saying that they know either way 100% is ridiculous. You don't know and I don't; at least not from the facts presented. Having spoken to him through GvG on many occasions I can say that the big man is not a fan of racists.

On second thought if given the chance to decide I would award Zimmerman ownership of NBC and probably turn around and give a substantial chunk of that to Martin's family; not for Zimmerman being racist, but for him putting himself in a position to end up in this deadly altercation. The size of the chunk would be diminished somewhat because Martin also put himself in a position to end up in the altercation.

A lot of things can be debated, but to me the most incredible component of the entire incredible story is that one of the largest news organizations in the world went out of its way and intentionally lied about the transcript. This created a large story for them and others and undeniably ruined the life of Zimmerman. I believe NBC's intent was malicious to Zimmerman but more importantly played to their negative narrative of America itself. There is racism in America and throughout the human race, but America is not a racist nation. Racism has always been with us in every society in human history. It will probably always be with us; at least it will be for a long time. America is not the cause for this, nor is it a primary culprit. Our constitution is not the cause of racism and does not support it. Zimmerman's actions can be debated and people can think what they want, but the despicable nature of NBC doing what they did can't be debated by any serious person. They purposefully scapegoated him as a racist and they deserve to pay with their very existence. Sadly they won't, but at least I can hope they pay with BILLIONS of dollars to the Zimmermans and the Martins.

It is beyond unrealistic I know, but I would love nothing more than George Zimmerman and Martin's parents teaming up for a lawsuit against NBC that they could not lose if they did. We have seen what NBC did to Zimmerman but the Martins did not exactly need to be thrown into the middle of an escalating race battle during/after burying their son. When they buried their son I highly doubt they thought "I can't believe I am burying my black son". They were pawns in that crap story just as much as Zimmerman.

He didn't know that he chose to get shot, but he did choose it.

It's like being on a game show. When the Cadillac is behind door number 2, and you choose door number 2, you didn't know you were choosing the Cadillac, but that's what you choose.

The Cadillac is the result of choosing Door #2. You don't choose your prize in the game, you choose an action/option which has a follow on result.