Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The problem here being that, now that we have court testimony, it's NOT just Zimmerman's version of events. Prosecution testimony backs it up - Jeantel specifically testified that Martin told her he was by his father's house, thus would have had to make that right turn Zimmerman mentioned, and would have had to walk a couple hundred yards and backtrack.

Therein lies the problem with this whole prosecution - their case rests upon a story that their own evidence doesn't support. The worst judgement against Zimmerman the evidence supports is that he's a knucklehead, which might get involuntary manslaughter, but isn't even close to the standard for murder 2 or the prosecution's story of "slavering racist hunting down black kid."

You almost wonder if that's the plan...she doesn't want to be responsible for an acquittal, and would rather let the appellate judges get the death threats.

The aerial I posted was devoid of times, but went by the testimony of GZ, RJ and the NEN tape. It wasn't perfect, but showed that TM came back not only looking for a fight but that GZ had stayed in a very small area observing TM.

lyrbob is a total ass. Early on in this thread he repeated the false claim that GZ called TM a !@#$ing coon. He falsely claimed that GZ kept a round in the chamber but refused to keep the safety on. He doesn't understand the weapon GZ had on him, or he couldn't make that claim. It's just like other claims he's made in the past and refuses to back up. What's really unique about him though is that he uses other peoples work and won't acknowledge it. He does it in a subtle way though. Most articles start out with a summary (I know, that sounds weird) and then proceed to the "meat". He doesn't put the summary in quotation marks but does with the "meat". Then he refuses to link to the article so he won't be discovered. That's our lyrbob, disingenuous to the end.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Updated info on hearing tonight...

http://legalinsurrec...ghtime-hearing/

you sick sick man...

But, seriously - how can she can on and on about what he's been eating behind bars - she had a calorie count and she's yelling out stuff like jelly doughnut! First she said it was 2500 calories a day, then it was 10,000............And, it was some astronomical number over the course of this year that he has been behind bars................But, he hasn't been behind bars!

Walter Cronkite is spinning in his grave.

I can't believe how long they went on and on about that stupid video. Personally I think these computer re enactment things are dumb and should not be allowed as evidence in ANY trial. It's like the judge telling the jury to disregard that Chris said he believed George's story. Once the jury sees this thing they'll think it's real and factual and it will leave an indelible mark in their heads. A lot of people think that computers are impartial and don't lie. However a computer does exactly what you tell it. If you tell it to lie, it lies, or leaves stuff, or shades stuff to your side, or whatever. As we say in the industry, Garbage in, garbage out (GIGO).

If the state wants to win, they should let Mantei handle all arguments and cross examinations. The lead guy comes off as condescending and sarcastic and talks down to witnesses. Just let him do objections and research and stuff. Mantei is a pit bull, but comes off a lot smoother and believable and likable. The way he went after that computer geek was impressive. He kept going at him until he said that the second image of the the position with Trayvon on George's legs was based on "common sense". Then he also got him to say he talked to John Goode even though John was sequestered. That's illegal. I thought she was going to throw it out right there.

The case is going to come down to what the jury believes. There has been a lot of BS thrown down on both sides. George's story doesn't add up, Jentel lied under oath once, can you believe her?. George's MOm, Uncle, and all of his friends say it was Georgie on the tape, Trayvon's Mom, Dad, and brother said it was Trayvon. The judge will instruct them that they can believe all of a witnesses testimony, some of it, or none of it. It will come down on who they believe. One side or the other proving their case will depend on who the jury believes.

Phone calls Timeline

GZ call to police dispatch non emergency

7:09: 34 start

7:11:45 out of car

7:13:40 end

TM last call Jeantel

7:12:06 start

7:15:43 end

Neighbor's call 911

7:16: 11 start

7:16: 55 gunshot

I would love to know what happened between 7:13:40 and 7:15:43. According to George he hung up and was headed back to his car which appears on the re enactment video to be a short distance when Trayvon jumped him. Doesn't add up.

Thanks for posting this timeline. Speaks volumes,

I would love to know what happened between 7:13:40 and 7:15:43. According to George he hung up and was headed back to his car which appears on the re enactment video to be a short distance when Trayvon jumped him. Doesn't add up.

Thanks for posting this timeline. Speaks volumes,

What doesn't add up? TM had to come back 400' to start the fight.

The judge must allow the cell phone messages. Their is a prior ruling in appeals that allowed the records of anpther case where the state introduced records because they were on the defendents phone. That with weigh huge.

Because of that I expect her to rule against the video. Can't give the defense too strong of a case....

Edit: grammar

Edited by jboyst62

The judge must allow the cell phone messages. Their is a prior ruling in appeals that allowed the records of anpther case where the state introduced records because they were on the defendents phone. That with weigh huge.

Because of that I expect her to rule against the video. Can't give the defense too strong of a case....

Edit: grammar

You really thought the judge would make a ruling in favor of the defense? Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!

Judge rules against both texts AND video. Which is what I expected, given the history. Strange that she didn't state the REASON for not allowing the texts though...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/breaking-jury-will-not-get-to-see-trayvon-fighting-texts/

You really thought the judge would make a ruling in favor of the defense? Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!

Judge rules against both texts AND video. Which is what I expected, given the history. Strange that she didn't state the REASON for not allowing the texts though...

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07/breaking-jury-will-not-get-to-see-trayvon-fighting-texts/

this case is primed for appeals.

I truly wonder what it will be like for the jurors to get out and hear about all the evidence not provided. I wonder what it will weigh in their beliefs post verdict.

Phone calls Timeline

GZ call to police dispatch non emergency

7:09: 34 start

7:11:45 out of car

7:13:40 end

TM last call Jeantel

7:12:06 start

7:15:43 end

Neighbor's call 911

7:16: 11 start

7:16: 55 gunshot

I must have missed it, but how do we know the foundation that these time stamps are all based upon the same clock? Were the 911 call time stamps the ones generated by the police when the call came in on their clock, or were they based upon GZ's cell phone company records? Was TM's call to the ghettopotomus based on his cell phone time stamps, or hers? What is the standard clock used to verify that the timeline is 100% accurate? I missed the testimony of the cell phone guy. Did he establish all of this?

Edited by Sig1Hunter

The texting establishes the mental state of the attacker.

The denial that this is evidence establishes the mental state of Judge Nelson.

If GZ is found guilty he will certainly get a mulligan.................Reversible error plain and simple

the defense had the cell phone hidden from them until June 2 by the prosecutors

Until this morning I thought John Guy to be.a better litigator then BDRL. Wow was I wrong. He is steering this right at the Defenses case at full speed without a seat belt.

I find it hilarious the dumby used on the bottom is a black one. Yeah. That's not misleading. Everything this witness is saying is just another check mark to the defense narrative. Guy is crashing their own case

There are thousands of texts on TM's phone and lots of photos.

The Defense found out about them on June 2.

The Prosecution had information about them in January and did not divulge that information to the Defense during "discovery".

The Judge will not allow the text and photos on TM's phone to be admitted into evidence because, "there's no proof that he was the one that texted them and someone else could have the password to his phone." This is grounds for appeal apparently because of existing Florida case precedent.

The texts that the Defense want admitted as evidence concerns starting fights, bloodying people's noses, wanting to own a handgun among other things that show TM's proclivity in the Defense's eyes to be an in-your-face punk who was the aggressor in this altercation.

I must have missed it, but how do we know the foundation that these time stamps are all based upon the same clock? Were the 911 call time stamps the ones generated by the police when the call came in on their clock, or were they based upon GZ's cell phone company records? Was TM's call to the ghettopotomus based on his cell phone time stamps, or hers? What is the standard clock used to verify that the timeline is 100% accurate? I missed the testimony of the cell phone guy. Did he establish all of this?

This is what I was wondering. All these time stamps can't be on the same clock, right? Or somehow are they?

Is it me or is the prosecution trying to prove that no one knows for sure what happened that night? They seem to be trying to make the jury doubt all of the evidence and testimony (even their own)

When did this case get reversed? Why is the state trying to make it seem like it's the Defense's job to prove their case?

Is there a chance that the judge is making all these rulings in the state's favor in order to get a conviction..........Knowing that it will be overturned on appeal.

Because it seems to me there will be riots after this case if it's acquittal, but there won't be this pent up thing on an appeal. Those seem to go under the radar to me.

The Defense has to defend their position for the Jury to believe it.

Nooooo, in THIS country, in criminal trials, the defendant has a presumption of innocence. The prosecution has to PROVE the defendant is guilty; not the other way around.

The Defense has to defend their position for the Jury to believe it.

I still don't understand what planet you're from.

This isn't North Korea. Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt means the burden of proof is on the prosecution and not the defense you !@#$ing moron.

I still don't understand what planet you're from.

This isn't North Korea. Guilty beyond a reasonable doubt means the burden of proof is on the prosecution and not the defense you !@#$ing moron.

and your missing the point completely,

Why would the defense be bringing in expert witness's to help explain/bolster Zimmermans account, if it wasn't necessary?

I said the Defense does have to present and defend their position, what planet are you from?

Edited by dog14787

Why would the defense be bringing in expert witness's to help explain/bolster Zimmermans account, if it wasn't necessary?

I said the Defense does have to present and defend their position, what planet are you from?

:wallbash:

No, the defense has to create reasonable doubt about what the prosecution is alleging. Any testimony in GZ's favor helps that.

You are dumber than a sack of hair. Or else you are the best troll since Hogboy.

Congratuations on making it impossible to know for sure.

You are dumber than a sack of hair. Or else you are the best troll since Hogboy.

Congratuations on making it impossible to know for sure.

He's already admitted he's a troll, but everybody keeps feeding him...............I'm hoping to see what is going on today when I come to this thread and instead I see this ongoing debate with a moron.

Hmmm, interesting but not surprising in the Obama/Holder Department of Justice.....................

Documents Obtained by Judicial Watch Detail Role of Justice Department in Organizing Trayvon Martin Protests

http://www.judicialwatch.org./press-room/press-releases/documents-obtained-by-judicial-watch-detail-role-of-justice-department-in-organizing-trayvon-martin-protests/

Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained documents proving that the Department of Justice played a major behind-the-scenes role in organizing protests against George Zimmerman. Zimmerman is on trial for second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin in February 2012.

Judicial Watch filed a Freedom of Information Act request with the DOJ on April 24, 2012. According to the documents JW received, a little-known DOJ unit called the Community Relations Service deployed to Sanford, FL, to organize and manage rallies against Zimmerman.

JW says the documents it obtained reveal that CRS is not engaging in its stated mission of conducting “impartial mediation practices and conflict resolution,” but instead engaged on the side of the anti-Zimmerman protesters.

Organizing such protests falls well within both President Barack Obama’s and Attorney General Eric Holder’s wheelhouses. Obama was a “community organizer” in his career prior to elective politics, a position that uses protests and street theater, along with threats, to obtain concessions from businesses and other political opponents. Holder has accused America of being a “nation of cowards” for not discussing racial issues enough. He also described black Americans as “my people” during a congressional hearing.

As the Zimmerman trial winds down, the threat of race riots should he be acquitted has risen.

He's already admitted he's a troll, but everybody keeps feeding him...............I'm hoping to see what is going on today when I come to this thread and instead I see this ongoing debate with a moron.

I've displayed a fairly clear understanding of the law and have tried to carry on a civilized conversation.

Fabricating things and calling me names is typical of what I've come to expect from posters who have nothing better to say.

can you prove I admitted to being a troll, on a site I try to everything in my power to bolster TBD's reputataion?

Edited by dog14787

What doesn't add up? TM had to come back 400' to start the fight.

OK, here's what I'm talking about. In George's re enactment video at 9:30 of the video he says he tells the 911 operator to meet him at his truck. Then he says he turns around and starts walking back to his truck. Even at his slow sauntering pace while talking to the cops it takes him 30 seconds to get to where he says Trayvon confronted him. Trayvon's call with Rachel went on for another 1:30 after that. According to Rachel (who's testimony has credibility issues) this was when Trayvon was telling her he was being followed. So what happened there? This is the part of George's story that doesn't add up IMHO.

Even if you want to say all the times are not 100% in sync, I doubt they were 1:30 off. Computer systems like 911 and phone records usually work off the atomic clock time, so they should all be very close if not the same.

Edited by reddogblitz

Yup, probably time for everyone to start ignoring him. This thread is pretty much a joke now. It'll only be entertaining again once we get a verdict.

Yup, probably time for everyone to start ignoring him. This thread is pretty much a joke now. It'll only be entertaining again once we get a verdict.

why, because of a difference of opinion? have I insulted you in any way?

you call me dumb, what did I say to you to deserve such a response? express my opinion?

so I express my opinion, get piled on by numerous posters with insults, and I'm the one causing the problem?

Edited by dog14787