All Peyton Manning, all the time!

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish him the best...unless he signs with a team in the AFC east. In that case I'm sure my feelings will immediately turn sour. :flirt:

Ive read the Jets are considering. I doubt that will happen. It was an awful sight when Farve wore that garbage. Seriously though, the demeanor doesnt suit him in New York. Miami has interest in him as well. Where ever Manning ends up I wouldnt be surprised if Reggie Wayne ends up there too. Its would worth considering.

Ive read the Jets are considering. I doubt that will happen. It was an awful sight when Farve wore that garbage. Seriously though, the demeanor doesnt suit him in New York. Miami has interest in him as well. Where ever Manning ends up I wouldnt be surprised if Reggie Wayne ends up there too. Its would worth considering.

Honestly cannot see New York, just because Eli is there. I'd still look at Arizona...easier division, stud receiver and an improving defense. Plus it's damn hot.

With all his whining and crying at the podium I wouldn't want him. It's clear his heart will always be in Indy. I want someone on my team totally in the present and committed to my team. I can see Payton doing one of these forgettable 1 or 2 year token pre-retirement stops before resigning for a day and retiring a colt. Like emmitt smith re: cards and cowboys.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I understand why people think Miami would be interested in Manning, but why in the world would Manning want to go to Miami? They treated their HC like crap and publicly denied that they intended to fire him before actually doing it. They scared off Bill Parsells. And I'm sure Manning wants nothing to do with filling Marino's shoes.

I understand why people think Miami would be interested in Manning, but why in the world would Manning want to go to Miami? They treated their HC like crap and publicly denied that they intended to fire him before actually doing it. They scared off Bill Parsells. And I'm sure Manning wants nothing to do with filling Marino's shoes.

From the votes it looks like Miami is the consensus....from an objective view, he recently bought a house in Miami.

The Phins have a new HC who was the Packers OC and a new offensive coaching staff . Brandon Marshal at WR, Reggie Bush at RB, Jake Long at LT and a good O line with Mike Pouncey at center, good tight ends. Unlike the Bills they have Cameron Wake as a pass rusher

Peyton Manning would make stars out of TE Anthony Fasano and WR Brian Hartline.

Peyton Manning to the Jets or Dolphins makes either team an instant SB contender :doh:....:cry:....:bag:

http://profootballta...power-rankings/

Texans...wow, instant SB contender with a top WR in Andre Johnson & TE. #1 defense...AND in same division as the Colts

Chiefs ... big upgrade

Ravens...upgrade

Broncos ...upgrade

Jets...upgrade

Dolphins...big upgrade, + Brandon Marshall

Which team will it be, we find out in a week!

C'mon guys, think about it! The Manning family doesn't want another Manning in the NFC to compete against his own brother for the NFC title. What they want is for the brothers to meet in the SB, for that matter so does the NFL from an publicity and historic standpoint.

Edited by Fear the Beard

I can't understand why Buffalo wouldn't at least test the waters on Peyton Manning. Yes, we invested money in Fitzpatrick - who cares! Fitz is a good quarterback but we all know he is not the guy to take us all the way. Arizona is interested in Manning despite putting big money into Kevin Kolb last year! They realize that Kolb is only mediocre so they are trying to upgrade the position. I just can't understand why we wouldn't at least consider Manning.

Now the real story is whether or not he would consider us (probably not)...

I would have problems considering someone if it was going to take more than 25 million a year to bring him here (which it would) and he would have problems considering it b/c he knows that by coming here most of the holes necessary for repair aren't going to be fixed while he's here.

...additionally, I love my hometown, but come on, it's Buffalo. He has a home in Miami.

I would have problems considering someone if it was going to take more than 25 million a year to bring him here (which it would) and he would have problems considering it b/c he knows that by coming here most of the holes necessary for repair aren't going to be fixed while he's here.

...additionally, I love my hometown, but come on, it's Buffalo. He has a home in Miami.

What do you want to bet that it's not 25/year and very little promised down the line in case of injury?

Sidenote: he and fitz are represented by the same firm.

I can't understand why Buffalo wouldn't at least test the waters on Peyton Manning. (...) I just can't understand why we wouldn't at least consider Manning.

1. Same reason we shouldn't trade up in the draft.... too many holes that won't be filled if we sell the farm for one player

2. Uncertainty about what you're selling the farm for - even if his arm strength returns, will his neck and arm last through a season?

3. Can he still take a hit?

4. Can he still take a season's worth of hits?

5. We don't have the OL he's accustomed to playing behind. Payton has less mobility than anyone we've seen since Rob Johnson

6. We don't have the receiving targets to take full advantage of Manning. SJ and who else?

7. He's accustomed to being The Prince, Bills Locker Room not accustomed to The Prince and his Court.

8. Gailey is willing to give up some control over playcalling as trust is built, he's likely not willing to have it taken.

9. Nix doesn't want to interrupt his nap

10. Ralph is Cheap

Peyton Manning’s camp has already heard from 12 teams.

NFL teams are wasting no time in declaring their interest in free agent quarterback Peyton Manning.

Of the NFL’s 32 teams, 12 of them contacted Manning’s representatives in the hours after the Colts made his release official, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/peyton-mannings-camp-has-already-heard-from-12-teams/

The former Indianapolis Colts quarterback landed late Wednesday afternoon in South Florida, drawing the attention of local TV news helicopters and NFL fans everywhere.

His private plane arrived at a small airport 30 minutes from the Miami Dolphins' complex, but he then rode off in a different direction with the news media in pursuit. When his van reached Miami Beach, it pulled over in a church parking lot, and Manning emerged to tell reporters South Florida might not be his final destination.

Manning has a condo here and has been working out with former Colts teammate Reggie Wayne, who lives in South Florida. Manning's not necessarily Dolphins-bound, he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57392968/peyton-manning-visits-miami-after-release/