Bills trading up for Tannehill?

BRAWNDO

I am with the Barberian here. I am not sure why everyone is doubting Tannenhill so much. He has the NFL arm that Fitzpatrick does not. He might need a little work but at the end of the day, Tannenhill has the tools to be a franchise QB.

In the NFL today franchise QB's win ball games. If the bills take him at #10 I have no problem with that. I don't believe trading up should be an option though.

Tannehill helped his team blow atleast 4 halftime leads this past season in college. If he's not the guy leading the team to finish out and WIN games in college then what makes you think he will be in the NFL? He is JP II and I wouldn't draft him before the 5th Round, if at all.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tannehill helped his team blow atleast 4 halftime leads this past season in college. If he's not the guy leading the team to finish out and WIN games in college then what makes you think he will be in the NFL? He is JP II and I wouldn't draft him before the 5th Round, if at all.

You mean his defense blew the leads he made. Their defense was terrible and running game was non existant, if it wasn't for Tannehill they would have won two games all year.

I am with the Barberian here. I am not sure why everyone is doubting Tannenhill so much. He has the NFL arm that Fitzpatrick does not. He might need a little work but at the end of the day, Tannenhill has the tools to be a franchise QB.

In the NFL today franchise QB's win ball games. If the bills take him at #10 I have no problem with that. I don't believe trading up should be an option though.

There just jealous and can't admit they are wrong and will stubbornly hold to that position no matter what.

I didn't start out some big Tannehill fan and never even knew about him until I started watching their games for Von Miller. After awhile I was like who the heck is this kid playing QB because he is making a lot of big plays and moving the ball down the field. He did the same this year but hit a rough patch the second half of the season when he had to carry the team and throw the ball a million times a game but he still displayed that big play ability and talent. We would be wise to trade up to get him and finally get that franchise QB that we haven't had since Jim.

There just jealous and can't admit they are wrong and will stubbornly hold to that position no matter what.

I didn't start out some big Tannehill fan and never even knew about him until I started watching their games for Von Miller. After awhile I was like who the heck is this kid playing QB because he is making a lot of big plays and moving the ball down the field. He did the same this year but hit a rough patch the second half of the season when he had to carry the team and throw the ball a million times a game but he still displayed that big play ability and talent. We would be wise to trade up to get him and finally get that franchise QB that we haven't had since Jim.

barbarian, I like the Streeter pick in the 5th: Tommy Streeter Miami (FL) 6'5" 215 WR

Edited by CSBill

You mean his defense blew the leads he made. Their defense was terrible and running game was non existant, if it wasn't for Tannehill they would have won two games all year.

Uhhhhhh, no. He threw MANY key interceptions that would put his defense back on the field in a bad position. The Texas game was prime example of that. It was not all the defense's fault by any means. Turnovers have a way of deflating a team and Tannehill sure knew how to turn the ball over. Bum. Will not be our pick.

Like I said before, he is too Jekyl and Hyde to be a franchise QB.

Apparently Talleywhacker had his Pro Day today:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/tannehill-has-a-good-day-in-front-of-browns-dolphins-seahawks/

"The Browns, Dolphins and Seahawks were among the teams showing particular interest. Browns offensive coordinator Brad Childress and quarterbacks coach Mark Whipple were there, and the Browns are also planning both another private workout for Tannehill at Texas A&M and a visit in Cleveland. Dolphins General manager Jeff Ireland, head coach Joe Philbin and player personnel director Brian Gaine all attended today and took Tannehill out to dinner last night. Seahawks General Manager John Schneider, head coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell all attended as well."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/29/tannehill-has-a-good-day-in-front-of-browns-dolphins-seahawks/

"The Browns, Dolphins and Seahawks were among the teams showing particular interest. Browns offensive coordinator Brad Childress and quarterbacks coach Mark Whipple were there, and the Browns are also planning both another private workout for Tannehill at Texas A&M and a visit in Cleveland. Dolphins General manager Jeff Ireland, head coach Joe Philbin and player personnel director Brian Gaine all attended today and took Tannehill out to dinner last night. Seahawks General Manager John Schneider, head coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell all attended as well."

Nix wasn't there so he definitely our pick.

Uhhhhhh, no. He threw MANY key interceptions that would put his defense back on the field in a bad position. The Texas game was prime example of that. It was not all the defense's fault by any means. Turnovers have a way of deflating a team and Tannehill sure knew how to turn the ball over. Bum. Will not be our pick.

Like I said before, he is too Jekyl and Hyde to be a franchise QB.

are you talking about Fitz?

http://profootballta...phins-seahawks/

Um...yawn.

Of course there were lots of teams there looking at Tannehill...and all the other A&M prospects as well. I'd be shocked if they guy was left standing by himself the whole time - this was, after all, a freakin' Texas A&M Pro Day!!!! (Not a private team visit.)

Why is is everyone thinks that every team absolutely covets every single player they have a conversation with at a Pro Day, and maybe decide to break bread with later on and extend the conversation further, as a first round pick???? :wallbash:

Tannehill will get picked somewhere between #66-100.

Edited by The Senator

tannehill is going to drop on draft day. the notion that anyone is going to actually trade UP to get this guy is absurd. no one trades up to obtain questionable talent.

This statement is laughable...did you even pay attention to the draft last yr?? Jake Locker?? My point is, this is a QB league, and there is no way he drops.

Um...yawn.

Of course there were lots of teams there looking at Tannehill...and all the other A&M prospects as well. I'd be shocked if they guy was left standing by himself the whole time - this was, after all, a freakin' Texas A&M Pro Day!!!! (Not a private team visit.)

Why is is everyone thinks that every team absolutely covets every single player they have a conversation with at a Pro Day, and maybe decide to break bread with later on and extend the conversation further, as a first round pick???? :wallbash:

Oh, ok...sure he will be :wallbash:

Um...yawn.

The latest rumor is that the Browns are seriously considering taking him at #4 and you should be thrilled if that happens as it will just cause one of the top prospects to drop closer to the Bills pick.

The latest rumor is that the Browns are seriously considering taking him at #4 and you should be thrilled if that happens as it will just cause one of the top prospects to drop closer to the Bills pick.

I am always thrilled when an AFC rival makes a horrible draft day decision.

1.) Nix wasn't there so he definitely our pick.

2.) are you talking about Fitz?

1.) Kids, don't do drugs

2.) Yes, that was Fitz that suited up to throw the INT's for Texas A&M. Tannehill threw 29 TD's and Fitz threw all the INT's for him. :doh:

Homerism is understandable. I am a Notre Dame homer generally. I wanted us to draft Jimmy Clausen three years ago. I did learn from that situation though. Hopefully you learn to accept the truth from this one. Tannehill = bum.

Sounds like the Bills done a good job in selling the notion that they're willing to trade up for Tannehill. This will force either the Browns or Dols to take him, allowing another prospect to fall down to them. ;)

There was a great list of the most INTs thrown by a 1st round pick in their last year of college. Tannehill is going to be at teh top of the list with 15. The othere studs on the list include our own JP Losman (hmm, a guy throws a lot of INTs in Conference USA, let's draft that stud TD :wallbash: ) and Rex Grossman among others.

I could get behind him as a 2nd or later but the talk of him as a 1st rounder is crazier and IMO, going to hurt him in the long run. He needs to develop a lot more.

For those of you that believe Mayock's assessments are all that, read Hensley's slant

BROWNS: NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said the Browns would be crazy not to draft quarterback Ryan Tannehill. "I think Cleveland has to take him at No. 4," Mayock said after Tannehill's pro day Thursday, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer. "He's not ready to play Day 1, but to me, he's a franchise quarterback, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go at No. 4 and maybe even 3 [in a trade]." He said Tannehill would give the Browns an upgrade over Colt McCoy in both athletic ability and arm strength. Hensley's slant: It was at this time last year when Mayock said Blaine Gabbert should be taken over Cam Newton. "Bottom line, he's the first quarterback off the board," Mayock said after Gabbert's pro day. From my viewpoint, the Browns' choice at No. 4 should be between running back Trent Richardson and wide receiver Justin Blackmon.

This is from an ESPN Insider writer who covers the AFC North

Also, to those who talk about Tannehill suffering with A&M's lack of running game...they rushed for 200 yards a game last year.

FWIW various announcers on Sirius have also said they expect Tanne to go in the top 10, potentially the top 5.

In a dream scenario the Fins will give up way too much to move up to pick three and take Tanne who will wash out after year one and turn out NOT to be a Franchise QB :D

I have no opinion either way, just hoping that someone takes him above 10 so another impact player falls to us...

Sounds like the Bills done a good job in selling the notion that they're willing to trade up for Tannehill. This will force either the Browns or Dols to take him, allowing another prospect to fall down to them. ;)

They did? Where did they do this?

Looks like you just ruined that master plan.

FWIW, Bill Polian also loves Tannehill:

Alex Marvez ‏ @alexmarvez

Bill Polian is big #RyanTannehill fan. "Perfect West-Coast QB in sense can throw on run&make things happen when pocket breaks down"#Dolphins