Bills trading up for Tannehill?

BRAWNDO

FWIW, Bill Polian also loves Tannehill:

Alex Marvez ‏ @alexmarvez

Bill Polian is big #RyanTannehill fan. "Perfect West-Coast QB in sense can throw on run&make things happen when pocket breaks down"#Dolphins

I thank Polian for all he did for the Bills, but besides drafting Manning and Collins with top 5 picks, what other QBs has he ever developed?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only hope the Dolphins trade up to get this guy, and they succeed!

From what Mike Mayock states he watched every pass he made in College football and he is great at throwing outs, and his troubles begin with the inside passes into coverage. Mayock clearly stated That Tannehill is NOT an immediate starter,and will need some time to develop. but because some team with be so desperate for that franchise guy they will draft him, start him and more then likely ruin him. :devil:

Are you 12? I certainly hope so. It would explain so much.

nothing you say explains much

I can only hope the Dolphins trade up to get this guy, and they succeed!

From what Mike Mayock states he watched every pass he made in College football and he is great at throwing outs, and his troubles begin with the inside passes into coverage. Mayock clearly stated That Tannehill is NOT an immediate starter,and will need some time to develop. but because some team with be so desperate for that franchise guy they will draft him, start him and more then likely ruin him. :devil:

Cleveland will talk themselves into Colt McCoy as their future and draft Trent and Miami wants a Sarter now so they draft Weedon even with Sherman there and Miraculously Tannehill falls to the Bills at 10.

1.) Kids, don't do drugs

2.) Yes, that was Fitz that suited up to throw the INT's for Texas A&M. Tannehill threw 29 TD's and Fitz threw all the INT's for him. :doh:

Homerism is understandable. I am a Notre Dame homer generally. I wanted us to draft Jimmy Clausen three years ago. I did learn from that situation though. Hopefully you learn to accept the truth from this one. Tannehill = bum.

I was being sarcastic about Fitz, who threw 23 ints last year.

Cleveland will talk themselves into Colt McCoy as their future and draft Trent and Miami wants a Sarter now so they draft Weedon even with Sherman there and Miraculously Tannehill falls to the Bills at 10.

Mayock seems convinced that Tannehill COULD eventually become a franchise QB if he can be developed properly, and NOT start right away.

""The problem is, he's not ready to play right now. He's very raw; he only had 19 starts in college. But I don't think he's ready to play Day 1. I don't think he trusts his reads yet. He's got a long way to go, but I think he's got the tools necessary to be a franchise quarterback.""

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/29/mayock-tannehill-has-potential-to-be-franchise-qb/?module=HP11_hot_topics

The Bills are in position with Fitz that they can let Tannehill sit and develop for a year. The problem is the very first time Fitz doesn't play well fans will be screaming for the back up, and Tannehill won't be ready. Particularly should the bills NOT build that O line as any rookie would get killed behind it as it is currently.

Edited by Fear the Beard