Pats signed Anthony Gonzalez--does that mean Lloyd can be had?

Gonzalez is a risk reward kind of signing. I doubt it has much of an influence either way on the Lloyd singing with the Patriots, which I fully expect. Lloyd probably wants more money than the Pats want to pay him so he is visiting other teams, hoping the Pats up their offer. There is tension between the Pats and Lloyd's agent as well. But it's hard to believe the Pats won't sign him because they need a WR, he loves McDaniels their new/old OC, and he's had his best years with McDaniels as his coach. The Pats, however, are not scared to play hardball with players and it's possible Lloyd would go for more money from another team. He could probably put up better stats on another team, too, as he would be the #3 or #4 option on the Pats, and the #2 option on most other teams.

Gonzalez is a risk reward kind of signing. I doubt it has much of an influence either way on the Lloyd singing with the Patriots, which I fully expect. Lloyd probably wants more money than the Pats want to pay him so he is visiting other teams, hoping the Pats up their offer. There is tension between the Pats and Lloyd's agent as well. But it's hard to believe the Pats won't sign him because they need a WR, he loves McDaniels their new/old OC, and he's had his best years with McDaniels as his coach. The Pats, however, are not scared to play hardball with players and it's possible Lloyd would go for more money from another team. He could probably put up better stats on another team, too, as he would be the #3 or #4 option on the Pats, and the #2 option on most other teams.

Kraft's is cheap. Pay Wes Walker.

I think it means he'll be expensive.

Less competition could = more reasonable asking price (a guy can dream, can't he?). Of course, I'm being greedy. We got the man we needed most (aside from a franchise QB) so I should be content.

It amuses me when people say Steve Johsnon isn't a #1 wr yet Brandon lloyd is? only 1 1000 yard season in his 10 year career. Only once did he reach 10+ tds and never had a season with over 80 catches. Brandon Lloyd is not that good pass

Edited by Stealth

Kraft's is cheap. Pay Wes Walker.

Kraft is pissed at Welker for "The Drop".

They'll still sign Lloyd. Lloyd wants to go where McDaniels is and said he'd take a bit less to do it.

Nix said we aren't targeting any more WR's in FA http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/03/nix-were-probably-not-in-the-wr-business.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fbillboard+%28BillBoard%2 . We'll probably draft one in either of the first two rounds of the draft.

I dont question the guys talent, but he has never really stuck anywhere and teams also seem to be trying to get rid of him... WHY?

Typically talented teams that grossly underachieve

We have $12M left. A #1 WR will cost us $7-8M. Then we have to sign rookies and extend Fred Jackson, Levitre, Byrd, etc. How do you suggest we do all that?

PTR

The same way we would have meachem

We have $12M left. A #1 WR will cost us $7-8M. Then we have to sign rookies and extend Fred Jackson, Levitre, Byrd, etc. How do you suggest we do all that?

PTR

Chances are, Lloyd is not going to cost $7-8. We could likely sign him for the money we were willing to pay Meachem, like $5-6 mil. I don;t think we will make a play for him but it's not because we cannot afford him if we wanted to