Is Schobel considering coming out of retirement?

NishP

Yeah, it really sucked watching him get those 10 sacks :rolleyes:

The NFL isn't always about talent pooling, but about chemistry as well. Our team chemistry as of now is very, very good with the FA chase being an outstanding example of it. Schobel's comments as he ended his career here left a lot to be desired.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a 3-4 guy

He's a Texas guy. He's also a Wade guy. And he would have his chance to come back and do that. If he wants to come back he would have the best opportunity to do that. and for what's it's worth I could care less if he ce back for us. Almost prefer he didn't. At the end of his career he was a whinning B word.

The NFL isn't always about talent pooling, but about chemistry as well. Our team chemistry as of now is very, very good with the FA chase being an outstanding example of it. Schobel's comments as he ended his career here left a lot to be desired.

What comments? the ones about not wanting to switch schemes and be part of yet another rebuild after playing the same position on a losing team for 9 years? Or how he chose to retire as a career Bill even though he had options to go play for better teams that were better fits for his skills than the new scheme in Buffalo would have been?

What comments? the ones about not wanting to switch schemes and be part of yet another rebuild after playing the same position on a losing team for 9 years? Or how he chose to retire as a career Bill even though he had options to go play for better teams that were better fits for his skills than the new scheme in Buffalo would have been?

The ones about loving to not workout or watch what he ate? Those worry me today

I just do not see it.

From talking to guys that worked for the team, and dealt with the players, they said Schobel was always more interested with his ranch and hunting then playing football.

Now i do not begrudge him. Hell he was smart. made his money and got out. Seriously, when he can walk and remember his name at 60, who can blame the guy.

Who loves to do that anyways? Besides you would think that after 9 years of going nowhere and switching schemes again,any rational person's desire would be tested. It is going to your job for 9 years, not getting promoted, having 3 different bosses and having a new boss come in and say we are changing how we do things again...

That being said he was a good pass rusher. If he was in shape and wanted to give it a go with us; I would bring him and take a look...

I alluded to that issue in my first post on this topic, when I said I loved him when he was here but I'm not sure if he's better than what we have after two years off. Still, it costs nothing to bring him in for a workout or give him a camp spot and see if he's anywhere close to being in game shape.

He's a Texas guy. He's also a Wade guy. And he would have his chance to come back and do that. If he wants to come back he would have the best opportunity to do that. and for what's it's worth I could care less if he ce back for us. Almost prefer he didn't. At the end of his career he was a whinning B word.

Sorry drags, but I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about. Schobel is, and always has been, a 4-3 DE and Wade runs a 3-4. They may have Texas in common but that hardly makes him a "Wade guy".

Sorry drags, but I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about. Schobel is, and always has been, a 4-3 DE and Wade runs a 3-4. They may have Texas in common but that hardly makes him a "Wade guy".

Yeah. Not sure what makes him a "Wade guy." Wade didn't draft him.

Yeah. Not sure what makes him a "Wade guy." Wade didn't draft him.

My apologies then. I was thinking that Wade drafted him. Either way, it was rumored he wanted to play for Hous and wanted a trade or to be cut so he could do that back when he retired. I personally don't care if he ever plays again. If he can play at the level he did when he was here (10 or so sacks a year) then I'd be all for giving him a shot. He'd be better than Kelsey and probably Merriman assuming he'll never be what he once was, but I just don't see that happening. And I don't see him wanting to come back to Blo either. Hou is in his backyard and now they need a DE/OLB it's a logical assumption. And I know he's not a 3/4 guy but I don't believe that's why he left. He left because he was a coward and believed in tje organization about as much as many fans here do or did at the time.

Edited by mrags

My apologies then. I was thinking that Wade drafted him. Either way, it was rumored he wanted to play for Hous and wanted a trade or to be cut so he could do that back when he retired. I personally don't care if he ever plays again. If he can play at the level he did when he was here (10 or so sacks a year) then I'd be all for giving him a shot. He'd be better than Kelsey and probably Merriman assuming he'll never be what he once was, but I just don't see that happening. And I don't see him wanting to come back to Blo either. Hou is in his backyard and now they need a DE/OLB it's a logical assumption. And I know he's not a 3/4 guy but I don't believe that's why he left. He left because he was a coward and believed in tje organization about as much as many fans here do or did at the time.

Yea, when they ran a 43 he visited there

Is Schobel planning on coming back at 230 pounds or whatever he weighed when he retired? I'll pass. He bailed on the Bills two years ago. F*** him.

He played through some tough years with the Bills. He had seen the worse out of the past years. How much can one man take??? I dont blame him nor do I agree with your opinion. But, if these rumors are true and he wants back in I would turn him down. Stay or go, dont come back when you see things turning around. Too late. But Mr. Schobel thank you for being one of the few bright spots. You deserve a tip of the hat.

If Schobel came back AND could play near his previous level it would be a very tough pass rush with Williams - Dareus - Williams - Schobel. Frankly, however, I think that Merriman and Kelsay have a better chance to get double digit sacks next season than Schobel, at his age and with his being out of shape and out of practice and all.