Is Schobel considering coming out of retirement?

NishP

From what I remember he retired as a RFA with buffali. We talked about trading him but he would only go to Houston.

I am a little foggy on the issue. If I am correct about being an RFA do the bills still hold his rights. If I am wrong about RFA there is a chance he is implying filling Mario's shoes in his hometown

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is in shape and wants to work, why the hell not.

I think this basically gets to the heart of it. Sign Schobel up and see if he can be effective at age 35, maybe his playing days are done, maybe he can find some success as a situational pass rusher or who knows maybe we hit the lottery and he comes back just as effective as he was during his last season. Only way to find this out is to get him in Camp...... that being said I wouldn't guarantee him any money, given that he took the Bills $2 million roster bonus in March of 2010 and then later in June announced he was thinking about retirement(if I remember correctly)

From what I remember he retired as a RFA with buffali. We talked about trading him but he would only go to Houston.

I am a little foggy on the issue. If I am correct about being an RFA do the bills still hold his rights. If I am wrong about RFA there is a chance he is implying filling Mario's shoes in his hometown

We released him after he retired. We no longer retain his rights, and we'd have to sign him to a new contract if he wanted to come back.

I talked to Aaron Scobel last also considering coming out of retirement for one year just thought I should mention <-------

D.Flo tweeted this about 5 minutes ago, don't know if he was serious but this would be interesting!

He and Mario would be a good match personality wise.

During today's press conference on the Mark Anderson signing, someone asked Buddy about Schobel coming back to the Bills. Nix seemed genuinely surprised that Schobel was even considering coming back, let alone to the Bills. He didn't know anything about it, and was shocked, almost yelling,"Where is this coming from?!" Then said something about as soon as the new regime took over, and Schobel retired, he was basically done with playing for the Bills and the organization when on without him. Like zero chance they would even consider it.

Bills haven't had contact w/Schobel

With reports circulating that a couple of NFL teams have contacted Aaron Schobel to see if he would be interested in coming out of retirement to play, Bills GM Buddy Nix was quick to assure that Buffalo isn’t one of those teams. Nix when asked about Schobel at the press conference introducing newly signed DE Mark Anderson responded as follows. “Absolutely not,” said Nix. ”Playing with us? No. Aaron Schobel was in the past with us from that first camp that I was here (2009). He’s a good guy. I like talking to him, but no.” Despite the fact that he’s set to turn 35 before the 2012 season, there could very well be a couple of teams.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills

Bills haven't had contact w/Schobel http://wp.me/plmrg-5qe