Ralph is........SAVVY?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know there's a mutual respect there because Jim is continually referring to "Mr. Wilson".

I recall seeing it when Wilson retired #12...and it has continued on both ways. Who the hell knows how often they talk to each other, but you can just tell that they are close. There is a lot of respect both ways with them. Jim calling him "Mr.Wilson" and RW having Jim involved with recruiting and whatever else is asked...

Anyone else concerned that Mr. Wilson did not appear at a PC announcing the signing of the largest contract ever for an NFL defensive player? I am.

Unfortunately Ralph is up there in years and just can't travel that much any more. I'm just glad he is all-in to build a winner before he goes and restores his reputation and legacy.

I was just thinking and it could be dumb or just inappropriate but last years death of Al Davis's might have light a fire under Ralph Wilson to start spending some money to win a Super Bowl. I know Ralph always had a good relationship with Al and maybe now Mr. Wilson knows that his time could come up at anytime to.

I was just thinking and it could be dumb or just inappropriate but last years death of Al Davis's might have light a fire under Ralph Wilson to start spending some money to win a Super Bowl. I know Ralph always had a good relationship with Al and maybe now Mr. Wilson knows that his time could come up at anytime to.

Well if that's what it's taken we've been stuck with the worst owner in NFL history. :wallbash:

All this money spending makes me think he is making a push for playoffs and so on. I know he hasn't left DET. Anyone have any news on him?

I don't believe Ralph woke up this month and decide to spend. It was Nix's decision. In fact I think he deliberately underspent last season knowing he could roll cap money into this year.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

He's a very old man. Everyday he wakes up is a bonus for him @ this point.

I don't think he's changed his philosophy in terms of spending, I just think he trusts Nix. Donahue left a bad taste in his mouth and everyone he brought in to run the team was incompetent until now.

In regards the MW signing, it was a perfect storm. One of the top pass rushers in the game became available in his prime and fit a glaring weakness on this team which is in year three of a rebuild.

BTW- for all the a**holes who were openly hoping for the death of Ralph, Im holding up two middle fingers.

Chan and Buddy need to win this year in order to get contract extensions. I've been saying it for monrths. They are going to do their best to make sure we make the playoffs. They are not going to be taking a QB to develop (at least not early in the draft). They are not going to be signing young, developing players. They want to win now. Add that to the new CBA requiring teams to spend a very high percentage of the cap and it is pretty obvious what was going to happen.

AGAIN, Nix has said it before, he has talked Ralph OUT OF SPENDING money in previous seasons because he didn't feel it was the right time and the right players. Fans always think that spending money on name players is good because of what players did on a previous team. But the coaches and GMs are looking at whats best for their team, and what they need from players at those positions. Alot of the time, guys may not fit the type of role they want for a position, even though that player may be a good player. Also Nix has said he isn't a fan of shopping in FA because the majority of the time you end up overspending on a guy who never reaches the level that you are paying them at. The Bills have spent lots of money in previous years, but on players that were then overpaid (Dockery, Walker, etc.)

This year they just happened to be in a position where one of the best players available was a guy that fit the role they needed and was a perfect fit.

I don't believe Ralph woke up this month and decide to spend. It was Nix's decision. In fact I think he deliberately underspent last season knowing he could role cap money into this year.

PTR

I had noticed that last year + the number of contracts designed to expire in 2012 was enticing.

I'm sure it's all part of the plan of transition.

Mr. Wilson is as healthy and as fine as one can be for living 93 years on this planet. However, I think what we're seeing without being explicitly told what we're seeing is that since the end of the 2011 season, there has been a transition towards the future ownership taking more of a leadership role on the management end in regards to free agency, the draft and contracts with the players on the roster.

Do you really think all these players sign multi-year contracts in Buffalo without feeling reassured by the proposed management plan?

I'm sure it's all part of the plan of transition.

Mr. Wilson is as healthy and as fine as one can be for living 93 years on this planet. However, I think what we're seeing without being explicitly told what we're seeing is that since the end of the 2011 season, there has been a transition towards the future ownership taking more of a leadership role on the management end in regards to free agency, the draft and contracts with the players on the roster.

Do you really think all these players sign multi-year contracts in Buffalo without feeling reassured by the proposed management plan?

Perhaps. I hope Ralph gets to enjoy a winner like all of us deserve. I love the guy. I will be bummed when he passes-we all will be. But I have said this before and will say it again. If Ralph has a plan to keep the Bills in BFLO upon his passing, we must erect a statue in his honor in Orchard Park, name a street after him and whatever else we can do to honor him. Now-If he leaves BFLO out to dry and the team is sold and moved to another city when he passes, I think bad things happen and his image is burned in effigy for about 100 years. We are all hoping for best, and something in my gut has always told me-The Bills are staying put!