Ralph is........SAVVY?

Consider this if you will:

Ralphy knows his time on earth is always getting shorter. Ralphy has an interest in protecting/maximizing the value of the franchise for his family to sell it. As we know all too well, until today, he has been maxing the profitability of the franchise.

All this talk about JK's group and Mr. Pegula and various other clues (Thurman/Chad Kelly's posts/tweets) leads many of us to believe that we have a buyer "in hand" but no details set.

Ralphy knows the buyer is hot to have them stay and he knows time is limited. So he opens up the floodgates and hands the GM the checkbook. Go get the talent and get this team poised to go on a long run of playoff contention ....and the stadium deal will likely follow.

What does that do to the price of the franchise when you are becoming one of the premier teams in the league and you have a fancy stadium planned that overlooks Niagara Falls???

Ralphy is running up the price!!! You motorboatin sonafabitch! We know its not about winning for him. I sincerely believe this Mario acquisition means Ralph may be at the last stages of getting ready.

In any event..I may be way off...but..I am grateful for today!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else concerned that Mr. Wilson did not appear at a PC announcing the signing of the largest contract ever for an NFL defensive player? I am.

Yes, his absence was obvious and very unlike him. I hope everything is okay.

Anyone else concerned that Mr. Wilson did not appear at a PC announcing the signing of the largest contract ever for an NFL defensive player? I am.

I'm not. Have you heard him speak these past couple of years? He'd still be on the introductions if they let him speak.

yeah, last i remember hearing was that he was still recovering from his hip. not a good sign at all.

If Ralph didn't make it into town for this signing, which is the biggest offseason splash since the Bledsoe deal, we may have seen the last of his public appearances.

Recovering from a broken hip at his age is not easy.

Edited by LabattBlue

I could make a snide comment about the real reason for the delay being that they were fighting to prevent him from going on, but I'll hold my tongue. God bless Ralph for making the hires that led to what happened today.

I'm still not fully at peace with Ralph, but he went a long way today, and shocked the hell out of me. For a guy that is said to be so cheap, and not committed to winning. I think this is the third time in history he has signed a player to a blockbuster deal. I had hear the first was OJ, making him the highest paid player at the time (little before my time). The second was with Kelly which was the biggest of all time back then, and now with Mario. I still think he toys around too much with the team, but hey hats off.