Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one needs journalists And it's that self-righteous Attitude that hurts the media. The issue is, what other walk of life do people have the ability to provide no proof whatsoever of their work? I just turned in a doctoral preliminary exam with 70+ citations because I don't have the luxury of saying "I heard from any anonymous source...." that garbage doesn't fly.

We don't need the media, it's an accepted part of our lives and we give it the same level of respect as politicians.

no one needs message boards and posters either. you can sit behind your own little computer hammering out self-satisfying inanities about some doctoral baloney and whatever. good for you. have fun with that.

don't know what self-righteous attitude you're accusing me of having. i was simply defending a profession that, at it's best, has some nobility to it, and, also at it's best, makes an attempt to strive for the truth.

that's a little pie-in-the-sky stuff, but there are some of us in this profession who have established hard-earned reputations for providing information in an accurate, responsible and efficient manner, and have been in this business long enough to have earned at the very least a thimble of respect, no, than to put up with kneejerk musings by someone who evidently thinks they can impress someone with some doctoral exam baloney.

dear god. a doctoral exam. proctology i bet.

jw

I would suggest, though, that in the twitter age there are quite a few unprofessional conscienceless writers.

Your silence has actually been rather deafening today. Which I appreciate.

well, i was working. now i'm not. so sorry for the chatter. i'm going to the drinking place. you can join me if you like. :flirt:

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Just as an update - ESPN reported at 10:58 PM ET that Mario Williams is staying in Buffalo another night. This was first reported in the early evening, were they waiting to see him go to bed to be sure? And better than that, it's an AP report, not a word of anything from James Walker. In case you were wondering though MIA signed a no name DB...big news. TG's all over this on twitter...jus sayin'

Here's hopin for some good news tomorrow! Go BILLS!!!!

Regardless of this post I like this kid. I really have no idea if or how good he is but I would hope he males it to the NFL and possibly as a big star. Could be the next big thing out of Buffalo in the NFL or possibly our future QB if he's any good.

aside from being jim's nephew, what exactly is redeeming about this kid?

He has been here long enough to get a real flavor of the city. If we were being played, I think he would have been long gone. Maybe he just decided to take his time and enjoy the visit.

Maybe Bruce Smith, leading sack artist in NFL history, gave him a call.

Don't sell yourselves short as fans. The Bills fans are unlike any others. You keep showing up and supporting your team, even when the team is struggling. There are no better fans anywhere. I believe Mario will sign Thursday. With the Bills.

He has been here long enough to get a real flavor of the city. If we were being played, I think he would have been long gone. Maybe he just decided to take his time and enjoy the visit.

Don't sell yourselves short as fans. The Bills fans are unlike any others. You keep showing up and supporting your team, even when the team is struggling. There are no better fans anywhere. I believe Mario will sign Thursday. With the Bills.

+1

Just as an update - ESPN reported at 10:58 PM ET that Mario Williams is staying in Buffalo another night. This was first reported in the early evening, were they waiting to see him go to bed to be sure? And better than that, it's an AP report, not a word of anything from James Walker. In case you were wondering though MIA signed a no name DB...big news. TG's all over this on twitter...jus sayin'

who is this DB

Matt183; Mario Williams isn't signing with the Bills He came to Buffalo to be wined & dined & use us a bait to get more money from some other team & the minute he leaves he will sign with another team I guarantee it I so sure if he signs with the Bills I will stop posting here

chandler-81;That's a deal! We can make sure of your end of the deal

Thats cool I can hold up my end of any deal I have no problem with that Banned me by my IP address to make sure but when I am right your gonna owe me a "You Were Right"

I keep hearing fans say its the city is why he hasn't signed Well its not the reason why it's Ownership, coach staff & GM they play it safe & cheap & players know this you can't blame Mario for using the Bills to make another team pay up because we all know the Bills won't match the offer

Until Mr Wilson gets serious or sells the team,then the team isn't going to be a contender

Edited by Matt183

Thats cool I can hold up my end of any deal I have no problem with that Banned me by my IP address to make sure but when I am right your gonna owe me a "You Where Right"

I keep hearing fans say its the city is why he hasn't signed Well its not the reason why it's Ownership, coach staff & GM they play it safe & cheap & players know this you can't blame Mario for using the Bills to make another team pay up because we all know the Bills won't match the offer

Until Mr Wilson gets serious or sells the team the team isn't not going to be a contender

If Super Mario accepts then he will be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL, i think they r serious this time bud

Thats cool I can hold up my end of any deal I have no problem with that Banned me by my IP address to make sure but when I am right your gonna owe me a "You Where Right"

Until Mr Wilson gets serious or sells the team the team isn't not going to be a contender

You had me at "where".

Hopefully the guards make sure he doesn't leave the room…

I want the Bills to sign Mario even more now that it means nobody will ever have to read one of your poorly punctuated posts. By poorly punctuated I mean complete absence of punctuation.

Keep reading… then when you see that report refuted, click on the poster's post history and see what he says.

Rex appears to know where MW is staying and it's not at Luke Russert's mom's hotel so that tweet is likely erroneous - on all counts!

I'm jumpin back on this thread! Was cold turkey for awhile there....but I can't stay away.

I keep saying 'no more refreshing twitter' or 'no more looking at this thread' this thread is like a fire down the street...you just cant resist to watch

+100000000

Your fun at parties to aren't you?

I keep saying 'no more refreshing twitter' or 'no more looking at this thread' this thread is like a fire down the street...you just cant resist to watch

I agree.

Hey, there's gotta be a YouTube video by now of all this Mario insanity, right? You know like the Hitler/T.O. video or even better, the Bill Cowher/foreign talk show host laughing at the "informant"

Edited by r00tabaga

Rex is the guy that confirmedW was staying the night before anyone else. He works in the hotel that MW is staying in.

He works for Mrs. Russert?

Any chance that the Calvin Johnson deal threw a wrench into negotiations, causing the delay?

This is a very good theory, IMO.

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: He got his Wife's blessing... Mario Williams / Bills Press conference set-up for tmrw #DoneDeal x2 #IBN Incarcerated Bob

Incarcerated Bob?

Take it with a grain of salt I suppose.

Does his wife know about the fiancé he brought to Buffalo with him?

Yes, that's why he was kicked out of The Mansion by Luke Russert and Chad Kelly.