The Merriman tweet to VJackson

So Shawna Merriman tweeted Vincent Jackson this morning, trying to convince him to come to the Bills.

Yo hit me @VincentTJackson hit me its not about signing with @buffalobills I swear ***fingers crossed behind the back***

https://twitter.com/#!/shawnemerriman/status/179213315648651264

First, let me say that taking ten seconds to tweet someone is not really "reaching out".

Second, let me say that I think we have about a 1% chance of signing him, mostly because of the Redskins and two teams who may get in a bidding war with them.

But third, it says that Merriman still likes and wants to be in Buffalo -- which is good even if he cannot play a lick -- and also, there is nothing he has heard internally that thinks they won;t go after VJax or spend the money it would take to go after a guy who will make $10 mil, which is probably the best thing about this.

Not that the players would actually know what the team is thinking and doing, but they may know through some channels whether they are not doing something.

So, in other words, it's a little something that means nothing that means something.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also like the fact the Stevie Johnson has sent similar tweets. The fact that he would be OK with the Bills signing Vjax knowing that Vjax will command a higher salary than him shows a mature and positive attitude from Stevie.

I doubt we get Vjax and would prefer to spend the big money on a pass rusher but this whole thing is fun. I cnnot wait for tomorrow.

I also like the fact the Stevie Johnson has sent similar tweets. The fact that he would be OK with the Bills signing Vjax knowing that Vjax will command a higher salary than him shows a mature and positive attitude from Stevie.

I doubt we get Vjax and would prefer to spend the big money on a pass rusher but this whole thing is fun. I cnnot wait for tomorrow.

Agreed on all accounts. It's good that Stevie would say that, and this whole thing is fun.

Stevie, btw, just joined in the VJax campaign...

Yea @VincentTJackson What @ShawneMerriman said... Hit Me Up Also. 4Real! Its Not About Signing wit BuffCity... (looks away tryna hold smile)

https://twitter.com/#!/StevieJohnson13/status/179243038109995009

Signing Merriman may be one of the best FA signings in years. Not for what he's done on the field, but for what he's doing off it. I believe this is the 2nd consecutive off season that he's openly recruited quality players to come to the team. He is no doubt spreading the word around the league that Buffalo is a good place for FAs to play. And, IMO, that's every bit as important as being willing to pay them.

edit: can someone translate those tweets? hit me? its not about signing with buffcity? i'm not cool enough to know.

Edited by Dan

So Shawna Merriman tweeted Vincent Jackson this morning, trying to convince him to come to the Bills.

https://twitter.com/#!/shawnemerriman/status/179213315648651264

First, let me say that taking ten seconds to tweet someone is not really "reaching out".

Second, let me say that I think we have about a 1% chance of signing him, mostly because of the Redskins and two teams who may get in a bidding war with them.

But third, it says that Merriman still likes and wants to be in Buffalo -- which is good even if he cannot play a lick -- and also, there is nothing he has heard internally that thinks they won;t go after VJax or spend the money it would take to go after a guy who will make $10 mil, which is probably the best thing about this.

Not that the players would actually know what the team is thinking and doing, but they may know through some channels whether they are not doing something.

So, in other words, it's a little something that means nothing that means something.

Shawna? You looking to get Jim Rome'd?

Signing Merriman may be one of the best FA signings in years. Not for what he's done on the field, but for what he's doing off it. I believe this is the 2nd consecutive off season that he's openly recruited quality players to come to the team. He is no doubt spreading the word around the league that Buffalo is a good place for FAs to play. And, IMO, that's every bit as important as being willing to pay them.

edit: can someone translate those tweets? hit me? its not about signing with buffcity? i'm not cool enough to know.

Exactly! The guy already brought in Barnett and Morrison. If he helps bring in VJackson, it will be well worth the signing.

Shawna? You looking to get Jim Rome'd?

Originally, that was a typo. When I saw it, I thought, hmmm... maybe it was more Freudian Slip... then I just decided to leave it, but mostly because I hate that "This post has been edited by" nonsense. ;)

i had put both tweets in the vincent jackson thread...i thought they were great

Before I posted this, I quickly looked through that thread to see if anyone had mentioned them already. I saw the "I love this team" but the images of the tweets were so tiny on my laptop I couldn't read them, nor did I know they were tweets. ;)

But I really like the players on this team, too. That's one thing that Nix and Gailey have done great. Now if they could only play football and win!

Hit me.. as in hit me up.. as in contact me..

Twitter and texting are the reasons our kids will be illiterate in 20 years. I can't even read the "tweets" it doesn't make sense to me. Who is @Vjackson and who is hitting who? How about you pick up the fkn phone, you have plenty of time Merriman.

Twitter and texting are the reasons our kids will be illiterate in 20 years. I can't even read the "tweets" it doesn't make sense to me. Who is @Vjackson and who is hitting who? How about you pick up the fkn phone, you have plenty of time Merriman.

Take it easy.

The English settlers didn't speak in Shakespearean tongues, and their kids weren't illiterate.

The colonials didn't speak the Queen's English, and their kids weren't illiterate.

The industrialists didn't speak the colonials' way, and their kids weren't illiterate.

My generation doesn't speak the same way as the baby boomers, and I'm not illiterate.

Our kids don't communicate the same was as we do (they're much more efficient), and obviously they're not illiterate.

Take it easy.

The English settlers didn't speak in Shakespearean tongues, and their kids weren't illiterate.

The colonials didn't speak the Queen's English, and their kids weren't illiterate.

The industrialists didn't speak the colonials' way, and their kids weren't illiterate.

My generation doesn't speak the same way as the baby boomers, and I'm not illiterate.

Our kids don't communicate the same was as we do (they're much more efficient), and obviously they're not illiterate.

Agreed on most accounts. However, I think this generation of kids will not be able to distinguish between they're, there and their and your vs. you're because of texting and twitter, etc.

Take it easy.

Well said sir. Well said.

Take it easy.

If only I was literate, I'd know what this guy was saying :nana:

The words mature and name Stevie Johnson are seldom heard in the same sentence. Could this be the start?

Exactly! The guy already brought in Barnett and Morrison. If he helps bring in VJackson, it will be well worth the signing.

There were no other factors in why they signed here?? Maybe just maybe this was their only offer or maybe the best offer? Make no mistake about it, if the dollars were the same coming from a playoff caliber team, Merriman's tweets wouldn't mean diddly.