It's official Mario Williams is a free agent

The former number one pick is going to hit the open market. My friend on the Texans loves the guy and did not think the Texans were really going to let him walk away. Is there any chance of him landing in Buffalo??

I hope the Bills actually make a strong push for him as he is a game changer if he is 100% healthy. I know it is a slim chance that he signs with the Bills but I really do think he is worth the money he is going to demand and I have never once heard a bad thing about him.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The former number one pick is going to hit the open market. My friend on the Texans loves the guy and did not think the Texans were really going to let him walk away. Is there any chance of him landing in Buffalo??

I hope the Bills actually make a strong push for him as he is a game changer if he is 100% healthy. I know it is a slim chance that he signs with the Bills but I really do think he is worth the money he is going to demand and I have never once heard a bad thing about him.

I just don;t think we'll be able to afford him. Our best hope? Pray to God we'll get a great pass rushing prospect in the near future.

Not sure who is going to sign him. I'm guessing at least $15M/year. That's a big cap hit for any team.

Makes sense, comparable to the money Peppers got. My guess is it may be more like $16 million per year.

I however think there's 0% chance he comes to Buffalo.

Edited by Triple Threat

Man if we can't afford him who can? We can compete for him if we are serious about bringing in the best talent in the league. Whether he comes is a different story. But who am I kidding, we won't compete for him.

Makes sense, comparable to the money Peppers got. My guess is it may be more like $16 million per year.

I however think there's 0% chance he comes to Buffalo.

You know I never heard much about this guy after he went #1 in 2006. I went and looked at hiss numbers , and I wasnt that impressed. His best sack total was 14, and that was like five seasons ago. He isnt worth $15 Million! You could sign two excellent players for that much. You could get Vincent Jackson for $9-$10 million a year.

You know I never heard much about this guy after he went #1 in 2006. I went and looked at hiss numbers , and I wasnt that impressed. His best sack total was 14, and that was like five seasons ago. He isnt worth $15 Million! You could sign two excellent players for that much. You could get Vincent Jackson for $9-$10 million a year.

You said it. He has had his fair share of injuries too. I just don't see him living up to the hype.

Is he? They were never a very good defense with him and without him they were suddenly the 2nd best defense in the league.

Why the Texans, who know him best, let him go?

I think he will be a Texan. They could not afford him at the franchise number, but with a long term deal they can spread out the signing bonus to reduce the cap number.

If that's the case why didn't they sign him to a long term deal before he became a FA?

money.

it was aways back. But i read more than once it would take 20 mill to get him.

But if we were hanging ass out the window, this is the position we most need and the best player available to fill it. i do not care what the naysaers say on that. But i also am unwilling to pay him even 15 because we have more needs yet. Build through the draft.