It's official Mario Williams is a free agent

The Bills are $20.9 million under their projected salary cap for the 2012 season, according to News figures. They stand $32.8 million under their cap in terms of actual cash spending, the News estimates. Those totals do not count the new contract signed Thursday by tight end Scott Chandler.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article754221.ece

assuming after chandler's contract is taken into account the Bills have $18 mil avail salary cap. i'm having a hard time believing they will spend near all of that on just one player (i'm expecting Mario to get/ask/need $15 mil/ yr to come to buffalo).

Pats* are the media's pick for MW. That'll be pleasant. Actually, I'd actually pay $12m over the first 2 years just to see Marsha deal with Williams Williams Dareus Ingram.

that would be a nice D-Line.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats* are the media's pick for MW. That'll be pleasant. Actually, I'd actually pay $12m over the first 2 years just to see Marsha deal with Williams Williams Dareus Ingram.

Cash paid the first two years is likely much more than the cap hit

Additionally, those numbers are still a pretty big rumor, far from a factual offer

If it came down to us and the Pats, Id offer way more than the above 7/$105mil. If for no other reason than to keep him off our division rival.

good point we don't want Mario to go to Marsha's team, we want a #92 with the name ''Williams'' this season. He will be a big impact to the bills defensive-line. Also if we get Ingram in the draft, I say that the bills will have a good season. If MW goes another team, there is a lot of other defensive players that is on the market. Like John Abraham, James Farrior, La'Ron Landry, Luis Castillo and a bunch more. I hope we get MW or any other defensive all-star. SO WE WANT MARIO!

good point we don't want Mario to go to Marsha's team, we want a #92 with the name ''Williams'' this season. He will be a big impact to the bills defensive-line. Also if we get Ingram in the draft, I say that the bills will have a good season. If MW goes another team, there is a lot of other defensive players that is on the market. Like John Abraham, James Farrior, La'Ron Landry, Luis Castillo and a bunch more. I hope we get MW or any other defensive all-star. SO WE WANT MARIO!

My 11 year old son's first post on Two Bills Drive.

A touching moment....

I am not, nor have I ever been, one to think Mario Williams is worth the money or potential disruption to team chemistry..

So not being able to get to the QB is a special elixir that the Bills have whipped up and you're afraid that adding Williams to the mixture would disrupt that formula?

Edited by MDH

I'm an old timer and I have to agree with some of the posters that in our history some of our greatest players were free agents or wise trades. There is no reason that we could not get major assets in free agency with good leadership and plenty of money. We HAVE plenty of money...let's see what the leadership brings us.

Gotta +1 that.