Bills getting 5th for Lynch Confirmed

zevo

Even though I wouldn't call getting rid of Lynch (1st rounder) for a 4th round pick last year and a 5th round choice this year a good trade, I'm just glad we have two dependable RB's on the squad now. Last year's pick for Lynch (Hairston) wasn't that bad a pick so if we can find a talent in the 5th round this year who can contribute and be an attribute? I'd say it would end up working out for both sides.

Now if the 4th round pick we got for Evans turns out to be a contributor and possible future starter? That would definitely make Nix look like he knows what the hell he's doing.

We trade 1st rounders for 4th+ rounders (Lynch 4/5; Evans 4; McCargo 4... oops, he failed the Colts physical), meanwhile NE* trades old players for 1st rounders (Bledsoe 1; Deion Branch 1; Richard Seymour 1; Matt Cassell 2 *declined the Chief's original offer for their 1st round/3rd overall, due to inflated rookie salaries).

If the Bills got nothing for that POS Lynch, it was worth it. Addition by subtraction.

That might be a biiiiiiiiiit harsh, but understand your perspective and with underlying logic, I agree....I personally thought it was just time for Lynch to move on and glad to see that he is having success somewhere else, but he was just symptomatic of an overall problem in Buffalo and getting another viable draft pick from Seattle is worth it in my opinion...there are plenty of good contributors who were former 5th Round Draft picks, and if Nix and Co. do their job then the BILLS should be able to make that pick a good value!! But, time will tell....

This thread is really a reflection on our FO belief in Spiller, don't make that pick and we wouldn't be discussing this. I think the 4th and 5th in exchange for the guys we passed over by taking Spiller should be discussed. Hoping Hairston continues progressing and we nail the 5th round pick.

We trade 1st rounders for 4th+ rounders (Lynch 4/5; Evans 4; McCargo 4... oops, he failed the Colts physical), meanwhile NE* trades old players for 1st rounders (Bledsoe 1; Deion Branch 1; Richard Seymour 1; Matt Cassell 2 *declined the Chief's original offer for their 1st round/3rd overall, due to inflated rookie salaries).

They don't trade old players....well maybe Bledsoe. Seymour was at the top of his game as was Deion Branch. Cassell was traded to their former GM Scott Pioli.

PTR

Seymour was one of the dumbest moves NE ever did. They missed that guy badly. Not sure who they took with the acquired pick but i think they'd take that one back in a heartbeat.

People LOVE to forget that Lynch was one screwup away from a year-long suspension, and given his stupidity it looked likely he'd screw up his career. He was a complete moron off the field, and not worth the risk when the team had FJ and just drafted Spiller. Excellent trade on the Bills part. There can't be a single competent person on this board who would feel otherwise.

In hindsight the picks for Lee and Lynch look pretty good.... Anyone who sees it differently has an axe to grind or doesn't watch enough football to understand. Trading away low contributors near the end of their deals for draft picks is good business and good football management.

It's worked out so far.

It's positive news. A trade that worked out for both teams AND the player, and the trade partner is off in the hinterlands of the NFC West. Take those gems when you can get them.

Seriously

Its not a zero sum gain. Both teams can gain in a trade.

Plus it looks like the Bills get to flip the coin one more time in the 5th round.

That might be a biiiiiiiiiit harsh, but understand your perspective and with underlying logic, I agree....I personally thought it was just time for Lynch to move on and glad to see that he is having success somewhere else, but he was just symptomatic of an overall problem in Buffalo and getting another viable draft pick from Seattle is worth it in my opinion...there are plenty of good contributors who were former 5th Round Draft picks, and if Nix and Co. do their job then the BILLS should be able to make that pick a good value!! But, time will tell....

Dr. Trooth thinks it is easy to avoid drunk Canadian broads stumbling drunk on every street.