Routt CB

syrcuse315

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upgrade the pass rush and you'll upgrade the secondary. Neglect the pass rush and it doesn't matter who is back there, can't cover forever. Rather spend the money/marquee picks on the DL/OLB and the rest will take care of itself.

Edited by d_wag

Cortland Finnegan would be a perfect fit as our corner. He's nasty, physical and really just dirty but our defense needs that edge. We need an intimidator bottom line!

He and Carr are definitely the two top coners on the market. They will both cash in huge.

I think he's worth a look. If he's worth it and we can afford to sign him. it would eliminate the need to draft a CB until day 3, if at all.

Nix will still draft a CB or two regardless. Remember they have two 4ths and either two 5ths or 6ths depending on how the Lynch deal ultimately shakes out.

Nix will still draft a CB or two regardless. Remember they have two 4ths and either two 5ths or 6ths depending on how the Lynch deal ultimately shakes out.

I think so too, just not early. If we get Routt, he, Florence, and Williams should be our top 3. McGee will be cut, then, and I don't think we'll keep McKelvin as the #4 with his $1.3M salary. That leaves Rogers, Miller, and any rookies to compete for the last two spots.

Edited by jjmac

Buddy asleep at the wheel again. I bet the titans called first. Typical Buffalo I'm so done with this team, Ralph is cheap, I think Brady just sneezed, Fitz isn't the answer and Stevie is more of a number 2

Did I miss any?

We'll never get him. Buffalo has to waaaaaaay overpay FAs to come here.

We should sign him - on the cheap.

He'd be a good hire - for the vet minimum.

What's his GF look like?

That is all.

Buddy asleep at the wheel again. I bet the titans called first. Typical Buffalo I'm so done with this team, Ralph is cheap, I think Brady just sneezed, Fitz isn't the answer and Stevie is more of a number 2

Did I miss any?

Garrison Sanborn

Stevie Johnson can't be too happy about this. But I sure am. We can use another CB.

Why would he be unhappy? Does this mean that they value Routt over Johnson? Are they only able to negotiate with one person at a time?

Did I miss any?

[/

Nix will let Fred-Ex walk we always let good free agents walk!

I like that the Bills have aggressive interest in FA.

I'm on the fence with Routt. What made him successful both at Houston and in his earlier career with the Raiders is now against the NFL rules with WRs now being a protected class. What you saw last year is an aggressive cornerback trying to play within the new rules, and in the process, trying not to do what made him a successful cornerback.

However the Raiders defense was a mess last year and their safeties were awful. I think cornerbacks are successful in part by the safeties they've got behind them. Arguably, the Bills have better safety talent than Oakland did.

A lot to like about Routt....a lot to be worried about too. It'll be a tough call.

Did I miss any?

I think you have it covered, Cap'n.

I like that the Bills have aggressive interest in FA.

I'm on the fence with Routt. What made him successful both at Houston and in his earlier career with the Raiders is now against the NFL rules with WRs now being a protected class. What you saw last year is an aggressive cornerback trying to play within the new rules, and in the process, trying not to do what made him a successful cornerback.

However the Raiders defense was a mess last year and their safeties were awful. I think cornerbacks are successful in part by the safeties they've got behind them. Arguably, the Bills have better safety talent than Oakland did.

A lot to like about Routt....a lot to be worried about too. It'll be a tough call.

Well put, could not agree more.

Id rather spend the money on Mario Williams, and draft another Aaron Williams in the 2nd, after we draft a pas rusher in the 1st.

Adding Williams, a rookie DE/OLB, and a rookie CB will help our Defense waaaaay more than adding Routt.

Waste of time/money/resources if you ask me.

:thumbsup: agreed

Upgrade the pass rush and you'll upgrade the secondary. Neglect the pass rush and it doesn't matter who is back there, can't cover forever. Rather spend the money/marquee picks on the DL/OLB and the rest will take care of itself.