The Official Mitt Romney thread

Romney crashing and burning with independents :thumbsup:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/romneys-negative-ratings-soaring-among-independents/2012/01/27/gIQAeVB1VQ_blog.html

It's legal theft, pure and simple. IRAs are not for billionairs, they are for people's retirement funds, not so that some greedy, can never ever get enough of something he will never use, unscroupulous rich guy can squeeze the system for every last drop. It may not be illegal--because of lobbying dollars--but it is still wrong

Yes, because putting money in an IRA is just like hoarding cash in a mattress. If only there was some way to put that money into the economy so it can generate economic growth while he's not using it. Too bad he's not more socially responsible like Warren Buffett.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance it could be in a Roth IRA?

Possibly but he'd be taxed on the conversion and due to income limits he was not able to convert until 2009. And he can't make contributions of any kind to a Roth due to his income levels.

And Dave just for you. Roth IRA's due to the income limits are for average Americans and not billionaires.

We're going to put Goldman in charge of the country? :blink:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/28/us/politics/close-ties-to-goldman-enrich-romneys-public-and-private-lives.html?scp=1&sq=romney%20goldman&st=cse

This guy is going to be charge of the regulatory agencies that "police" securites and finance? We already know he takes full advantage of the power of bending the tax code to his own greedy advantage.

Does the Birther crowd realize that their "natural born citizen" argument makes Mitt Romney ineligible to be President since his dad was born in Mexico?

PTR

Actually, the birther argument is that Obama wasn't born in the US, hence not a "natural born" citizen. Not just that Obama's father is Kenyan.

Personally...I'm holding back on pointing out by example how stupid birthers are until we get a presidential candidate who was born by C-section, i.e. not a natural birth. :devil:

We're going to put Goldman in charge of the country? :blink:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/28/us/politics/close-ties-to-goldman-enrich-romneys-public-and-private-lives.html?scp=1&sq=romney%20goldman&st=cse

This guy is going to be charge of the regulatory agencies that "police" securites and finance? We already know he takes full advantage of the power of bending the tax code to his own greedy advantage.

You're an idiot.

What the !@#$ are you talking about now??

Goldman in charge of the country.

Yeah. Because Romney has a blind trust that invests in Goldman-Sachs vehicles but is run by an independent third party. Therefore, Goldman-Sachs is the new US government. More power to the 1%, baby!

Even if this were true, I'd take Goldman over Geithner.

You mean like...Warren Buffett?

What the !@#$ are you talking about now??

Goldman in charge of the country.

His plan for Detroit was to what? Bankrupt the companies and put the vulture capitalists in charge to enrich themselves and impoverish everyone else? Yup

I am breathing a lot easier though, no way does this guy beat Obama

His plan for Detroit was to what? Bankrupt the companies and put the vulture capitalists in charge to enrich themselves and impoverish everyone else? Yup

I am breathing a lot easier though, no way does this guy beat Obama

You do realize that venture capitalists put their money in to companies that they expect to turn around and turn a profit right? I'd rather they do this for the sole reason of saving the companies than the government doing it for the sole reason of keeping their phony baloney jobs.

Put the venture capitalist in charge. rolleyes.gif

Personally...I'm holding back on pointing out by example how stupid birthers are until we get a presidential candidate who was born by C-section, i.e. not a natural birth. :devil:

Well, I think you would like my brother as President. But he could never be elected, becuase he won't bend over to special interests, he'd make fun of them.

"It's not good being poor." - Today's words of wisdom from Scrooge McDuck.

It can only one of three things, and only one of these three.

One, you either caught the tail end of this comment and you innocently parroted it to all of us here.

Two, you are such an extreme partisan hack that you are making an intellectually dishonest case to make your point.

Or three, you are a complete moron who is incapable of understanding statements within context.

Here is what he said

Im in this race because I care about Americans. Im not concerned about the very poor we have a safety net there, he said. If it needs repair, Ill fix it. Im not concerned about the very rich theyre doing just fine. Im concerned about the very heart of America, the 90-95 percent of Americans who right now are struggling.

OBrien jumped in, asking him to clarify his statement that hes not concerned with the very poor. I think there are lots of very poor Americans who are struggling who would say, That sounds odd, she said.

Well, you had to finish the sentence, Soledad, Romney replied. I said, Im not concerned about the very poor that have a safety net, but if it has holes in it, then I will repair it.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72297.html#ixzz1lBDsuwop

So which is it, one, two or three?

Having said that, it was an exceptionally inartful comment to say, Romneys political acumen and self-awareness of his own perceived caricature that his opponents are creating is sorely lacking. This line of attack won't work on substantive people, unfortuntely many people aren't, as you can see, it works on the feeble minded (see Pasta Joe) . His team needs to address this now, or else this image will soon be irreversible in the eyes of many independents.

Edited by Magox

One, you either caught the tail end of this comment and you innocently parroted it to all of us here.

Two, you are such an extreme partisan hack that you are making an intellectually dishonest case to make your point.

Or three, you are a complete moron who is incapable of understanding statements within context.

Here is what he said

Read more: http://www.politico....l#ixzz1lBDsuwop

Having said that, it was an exceptionally inartful comment to say, Romneys political acumen and self-awareness of his own perceived caricature that his opponents are creating is sorely lacking. This line of attack won't work on substantive people, unfortuntely many people aren't, as you can see, it works on the feeble minded (see Pasta Joe) . His team needs to address this now, or else this image will soon be irreversible in the eyes of many independents.

A friend of mine posted that on FB and I pointed out to her the actual text of the comment. She was pissed at how it was reported and she's VERY left leaning.

Here is what he said

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/72297.html#ixzz1lBDsuwop

"I thought that I would put this here (rather than a new thread)

How long until Davey Boy starts a thread parroting the liberal take on Mitt Romney's "I don't care about the very poor" statement ?

I go with 12:30 pm........................any other guesses ?

by the way, Mitt's full context was that he is concentrating on helping the middle class and the "very poor" already have safeguards in place...............pretty much the same thing Bill Clinton said when he ran in the 90's, courting the average American vote.

but since it fits their twisted mindset, the left won't care."

B-man nailed it earlier (up above), just didn't think it would be Pasta Joe instead of his son.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Putting the main focus on middle-income people and growing jobs will raise all boats, the "very poor" included, in the fastest way possible.

Until jobs come back, the only way to "help" the very poor would be to give them hand-outs (that this country can ill afford) end-without-end-amen rather than giving them a hand-up. You really feel for people who have been put in such straits through no fault of their own... but as Romney said, the safety net is there and if it needs to be reworked, he'll do that. But the main focus has to be on what can do the most good for the most people by averting a fiscal debt and employment crisis that could put a lot more people into the "very poor" category if the most attention is not put there.