The Official Mitt Romney thread

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article from WaPo on the Romney-Paul "alliance."

I'd say that if Romney does get the nomination and wins in the general, Paul-ites could expect their guy to have some influence on the monetary and budget side of things. If not Treasury Secretary, then certainly an economic adviser. I haven't heard too much disagreement b/w them on that. Foreign & Defense policy differences is another matter entirely, but not something that a domestic economy arm of an administration would really touch.

If Paul supporters want their voices to have any shot at / any kind of weight in actual governance, this might be their best bet for a long time.

With the ground game both of these candidates have built, I don't think Obama would stand a chance.

Edited by UConn James

You do realize that venture capitalists put their money in to companies that they expect to turn around and turn a profit right? I'd rather they do this for the sole reason of saving the companies than the government doing it for the sole reason of keeping their phony baloney jobs.

Put the venture capitalist in charge. rolleyes.gif

Stop.

We'll be happy to STFU about welfare the very minute we don't have to pay for it.

But it'll never happen, Dave, because thanks to the glorious liberal ideology so entrenched in our country, we've gotten to the point where being offered financial incentive's for hard work and commitment to your job is evil and bad, but being offered financial incentives for being poor, out of work, and repeatedly pregnant is the compassionate thing to do.

Need more money? Screw employment! Have another baby!

Idiot.

Stop.

You're like "The Who" later in their career when they were basically a parody of themselves. I love the attempt at condescension. :lol:

STOP STOP STOP

FEEDING THIS TROLL

With the ground game both of these candidates have built, I don't think Obama would stand a chance.

As a supporter of Ron Paul who knows several other Paul supporters, take my word that his supporters will not automatically turn off the Paul switch and go support Romney. We're an eclectic bunch that will fracture into Romney voters, Obama voters, Gary Johnson (Libertarian) voters, or screw it and stay at home voters.

As a supporter of Ron Paul who knows several other Paul supporters, take my word that his supporters will not automatically turn off the Paul switch and go support Romney. We're an eclectic bunch that will fracture into Romney voters, Obama voters, Gary Johnson (Libertarian) voters, or screw it and stay at home voters.

Even if Ron Paul would be offered Treasury or to chair the Fed?

That smacks of not actually wanting change in fiscal and monetary policy.

I could understand Libertarian Party voters with Johnson making their moot point, but you're telling me that Paul could get a chair to do many of the things he's talked about for so long, and his supporters wouldn't vote for that? It's really all-or-nothing? Or... better put, all-or-we-may-vote-for-the-guy-who-rickrolled-us-with-the-stimulus?

Edited by UConn James

IIRC such positions cannot be offered by candidates. They can run around all day and say "wouldn't he make an excellent Tresury Secretary", but cannot explicitely guarantee the position

Meh... An understanding can exist of involvement in a preferred area i.e. the open secret during the '08 DNConvention that Hillary would be given State.

I could understand Libertarian Party voters with Johnson making their moot point, but you're telling me that Paul could get a chair to do many of the things he's talked about for so long, and his supporters wouldn't vote for that? It's really all-or-nothing? Or... better put, all-or-we-may-vote-for-the-guy-who-rickrolled-us-with-the-stimulus?

First off I don't believe Ron Paul would accept.

Maybe a few followers would get on the Romney train, but I know plenty of Paul Supporters and I can tell that the ones I know that support him, they are so far to the left that they have gone full circle and somehow in a quasi dimensional world have reached Pauls inner right side.

These guys won't support Romney, they like Paul because he's genuine and because he speaks about individual liberty (even though they really don't know what Paul means by that, but it sounds cool), and that he has isolationist foreign policy view that they dig.

Having said that, Paul has got all sorts of supporters,but these that are my friends, won't support ROmney.

Guess I'll throw this in here..........

102% tax rate. :wallbash:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/102-tax-rate-takes-cake-160010322.html

At first glance, I was a bit surprised that the NY Times would cover such a story, but as I delved further into it, I quickly realized it was a "journalistic" piece meant to express outrage over how much Mitt pays in taxes.

Yep, journalism is dead.

Guess I'll throw this in here..........

102% tax rate. :wallbash:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/102-tax-rate-takes-cake-160010322.html

The guy who owns my PO box is one of those jack-of-all trades dudes; passport photos, Western Union, notary public and something of a basic tax preparer for the average joe. We chat briefly almost every day, but never about anything beyond weather, business climate, etc. Last week I pick up mail and he's sitting behind the counter looking like he was stumped about something. I ask him how it's going, and he says, "Depends on who are you, I guess." I ask him, "Have a bad day?" and he says, "No, I just don't get some things. I just finished doing taxes for this woman. Her husband is in jail, she has one child in school. Last year she earned about $4500, and I just got her an $8000 rebate. Kind weird."

Yeah, no kidding.

If Paul supporters want their voices to have any shot at / any kind of weight in actual governance, this might be their best bet for a long time.

Keep feeding us defeatist bull ****, we'll keep disbelieving you.

The guy who owns my PO box is one of those jack-of-all trades dudes; passport photos, Western Union, notary public and something of a basic tax preparer for the average joe. We chat briefly almost every day, but never about anything beyond weather, business climate, etc. Last week I pick up mail and he's sitting behind the counter looking like he was stumped about something. I ask him how it's going, and he says, "Depends on who are you, I guess." I ask him, "Have a bad day?" and he says, "No, I just don't get some things. I just finished doing taxes for this woman. Her husband is in jail, she has one child in school. Last year she earned about $4500, and I just got her an $8000 rebate. Kind weird."

Yeah, no kidding.

I love the story of the day trader who during the dot com bubble burst lost several hundred thousand dollars that year but still owed several hundred thousand dollars in taxes. The tax system is not favorable to the rich, it's favorable to the risk takers.

Or in your case to the losers.

I love the story of the day trader who during the dot com bubble burst lost several hundred thousand dollars that year but still owed several hundred thousand dollars in taxes. The tax system is not favorable to the rich, it's favorable to the risk takers.

Or in your case to the losers.

Who you callin' a loser? :lol:

Yeah, no kidding.

A friend of mine was telling me about her sh*tbag sister (her own description of her sister) complaining about her lack of tax refund. Friend's sis has no job, is a drug addict that claims disability but is still physically able to f*ck anything with a penis, has no job and lives entirely off the system. F

riends sister was upset because she didn't qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit. Friend told her sister that's because she doesn't earn anything :lol:

I like Ron Paul because he's crazy enough to actually change things. I don't agree with all his changes but I do think if he were elected (not happening, I know), he'd shake things up for better and worse.

But Secretary of Treasury Ron Paul and Chairman of the Fed Ron Paul...that would be bad indeed. Romney is going to lose to Obama in a landslide but if he were to pull a rabbit out of his ass and win, he has enough sense not to appoint Ron Paul treasury secretary. Paul is a big picture idea guy--he would never be a candidate for those positions. He'd have no idea what to do. What's he going to do as Fed Chairman? Walk in on day 1 and turn off the lights? Yeah, that would be good for the world economy.

Edited by John Adams

I like Ron Paul because he's crazy enough to actually change things. I don't agree with all his changes but I do think if he were elected (not happening, I know), he'd shake things up for better and worse.

But Secretary of Treasury Ron Paul and Chairman of the Fed Ron Paul...that would be bad indeed. Romney is going to lose to Obama in a landslide but if he were to pull a rabbit out of his ass and win, he has enough sense not to appoint Ron Paul treasury secretary. Paul is a big picture idea guy--he would never be a candidate for those positions. He'd have no idea what to do. What's he going to do as Fed Chairman? Walk in on day 1 and turn off the lights? Yeah, that would be good for the world economy.

:huh:

A landslide? With those numbers? The +5/6 polls are from PPP, Democrat pollster, and NBC, a Democrat network. The rest of the recents show a tie --- with Obama having the soap box of the presidency and Romney still duking it out for the nomination.

With the electoral college and the changes from the census?

And those are with a SOTU "bounce."