The Official Mitt Romney thread

Only people of your ilk feel that way.

Must be my I'll is pretty popular seeing how Ricky did in his last election.

Have you seen him arguing like a punk with people asking him questions in town hall style meetings like the women talking about her son needing expensive drugs? Anything but likable, the man is a cretin

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the people of Pennsylvania.

Sorry JA, your opinion on this topic doesn't really qualify you to be the most objective person regarding this discussion, considering your semi obsessive myopic viewed tendency to bash conservatives who express a desire to have religion influence their policies (which btw, I disagree with as well).

By characterizing a person with terms such as "despicable", "very dislikable person", "hateful bastard" and somehow equating that to the results of his last election is a bit of a stretch and is an awfully shallow observation to conclude, specially by someone of your standards. It's ok to not like his politics or his demeanor but he is hardly seen as the characterizations used earlier by the majority of people of his state.

Remember, you are an agreement with the "troll"

Just for perspective

Edited by Magox

Must be my I'll is pretty popular seeing how Ricky did in his last election.

Have you seen him arguing like a punk with people asking him questions in town hall style meetings like the women talking about her son needing expensive drugs? Anything but likable, the man is a cretin

Further proof that you are lazy and ignorant.

Sorry JA, your opinion on this topic doesn't really qualify you to be the most objective person regarding this discussion, considering your semi obsessive myopic viewed tendency to bash conservatives who express a desire to have religion influence their policies (which btw, I disagree with as well).

Yes, I stand up for reason as a way of making decisions.

By characterizing a person with terms such as "despicable", "very dislikable person", "hateful bastard" and somehow equating that to the results of his last election is a bit of a stretch and is an awfully shallow observation to conclude, specially by someone of your standards. It's ok to not like his politics or his demeanor but he is hardly seen as the characterizations used earlier by the majority of people of his state.

I didn't say anything that you quoted.

He got trounced in his own state. Not just a loss but an 17 point pummeling--one of the worst incumbent Senate losses of all time. Safe to say his own state didn't care much for him.

Remember, you are an agreement with the "troll"

Just for perspective

Santorum is an awful candidate. You know who else says a lot of the right things: Gingrich.

Whatever DiN is saying on the topic does not interest me since he's a fake poster.

Edited by John Adams

I didn't say anything that you quoted.

He got trounced in his own state. Not just a loss but an 17 point pummeling--one of the worst incumbent Senate losses of all time. Safe to say his own state didn't care much for him.

DiN said that, then I responded that only likeminded people feel that way, then you said so do the people of Penn.

Sorry, but losing by 17 points doesn't equate to people feeling the way he described. It just says that people were ready for change, they didn't like his policies and that it was a bad year to be a Conservative that agreed with Bush's policies.

Also, I'm not quite sure one can be a champion of reason while being astigmatic. Sort of a oxymoronic....

Edited by Magox

1328807280[/url]' post='2380451']

DiN said that, then I responded that only likeminded people feel that way, then you said so do the people of Penn.

Sorry, but losing by 17 points doesn't equate to people feeling the way he described. It just says that people were ready for change, they didn't like his policies and that it was a bad year to be a Conservative that agreed with Bush's policies.

Also, I'm not quite sure one can be a champion of reason while being astigmatic. Sort of a oxymoronic....

Because I don't like Santorum or his campaign to amend the Constitution (twice) to ban gay marriage or all his other social nonsense, I'm blind?

You're the one testing out his bandwagon. Enjoy the ride.

Because I don't like Santorum or his campaign to amend the Constitution (twice) to ban gay marriage

Really?

That right there should be an immediate disqualification from the office. I don't care what you believe about gay marriage, either way it simply has no place in the Constitution.

Because I don't like Santorum or his campaign to amend the Constitution (twice) to ban gay marriage or all his other social nonsense, I'm blind?

You're the one testing out his bandwagon. Enjoy the ride.

I hate to quote the DNC, but this election is about a choice, Obama or whoever the conservatives put up. Is Santorum my kinda guy? nope. Would I rather have him in office over Obama "You betcha".

It's one thing for Senators and congressman to pander to their local constituencies it's another to govern as the president.

What Im saying is that although I don't like his view on social matters, I won't automatically disqualify him for it.

Really?

That right there should be an immediate disqualification from the office. I don't care what you believe about gay marriage, either way it simply has no place in the Constitution.

I'll let Rick's own campaign website do the talking.

"When activist judges took it upon themselves to redefine marriage, and with it the underpinnings of the traditional American family and our First Amendment right to Freedom of Religion, Rick spearheaded the debate in favor of Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004. Rick successfully fought even members of his own Party and had the amendment brought to the Senate floor for public debate in two successive Congresses. Even though he knew he would be labeled a bigot or worse by members of the liberal elite, Rick Santorum understood this issue was far too important to the future of our society not to be debated before the American public."

That's a guy with his finger on the pulse of what matters.

Edited by John Adams

I hate to quote the DNC, but this election is about a choice, Obama or whoever the conservatives put up. Is Santorum my kinda guy? nope. Would I rather have him in office over Obama "You betcha".

It's one thing for Senators and congressman to pander to their local constituencies it's another to govern as the president.

What Im saying is that although I don't like his view on social matters, I won't automatically disqualify him for it.

Wow, your hatred of Obama knows no bounds! How about Bachmann? Palin? Pat Robertson?

I'll let Rick's own campaign website do the talking.

"When activist judges took it upon themselves to redefine marriage, and with it the underpinnings of the traditional American family and our First Amendment right to Freedom of Religion, Rick spearheaded the debate in favor of Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004. Rick successfully fought even members of his own Party and had the amendment brought to the Senate floor for public debate in two successive Congresses. Even though he knew he would be labeled a bigot or worse by members of the liberal elite, Rick Santorum understood this issue was far too important to the future of our society not to be debated before the American public."

That's a guy with his finger on the pulse of what matters.

When was it redefined? Who originally defined it? Since when was divorce NOT punishable by death, by definition?

Our economy is crumbling. I can accept that the debate on when life starts in an important issue in society. This is a joke. And speaking of the Judiciary, how is it that they get a pass, and we focus all on Congress and the Presidency? Our Supreme Court is a joke.

Our economy is crumbling. I can accept that the debate on when life starts in an important issue in society. This is a joke. And speaking of the Judiciary, how is it that they get a pass, and we focus all on Congress and the Presidency? Our Supreme Court is a joke.

I'm not sure it's a joke, but you can't change the supremes without changing the Presidency and Congress.

Edited by John Adams

I'm not sure it's a joke, but you can't change the supremes without changing the Presidency and Congress.

That in itself needs to be changed. I may be way off on this, as we all tend to be over-nostalgic, but this country seemed so much better when I was a kid.......Nostalgic or not though, to put all over it on the President is a joke as well.

I am getting by though, so how much can I complain.

That in itself needs to be changed. I may be way off on this, as we all tend to be over-nostalgic, but this country seemed so much better when I was a kid.......Nostalgic or not though, to put all over it on the President is a joke as well.

I am getting by though, so how much can I complain.

This is a side debate but keeping the judiciary at least somewhat insulated from the political process is a pretty damn good idea.

Edited by John Adams