The Official Mitt Romney thread

It is illegal to solicit someone to make you disappear (commit suicide).

That's just crass.

And Ok JA, the people of Pennsylvania believe he is despicable and whatever other adjectives DiN used because he lost the election by 16 points. That's top notch logic you got there :blink:

Oh, and there is no difference, you and DiN are likeminded :nana:

Edited by Magox

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just crass.

And Ok JA, the people of Pennsylvania believe he is despicable and whatever other adjectives DiN used because he lost the election by 16 points. That's top notch logic you got there :blink:

Oh, and there is no difference, you and DiN are likeminded :nana:

I beg to differ. JA has a mind of his own. DIN's isn't his own. It's on loan from MSNBC.

JA's close to the pulse of certain PA voters and RS's negatives are an open slate.

Chief of which are his blind support of GW's war in Iraq, and his homophobia.

His campaign will crash and burn when Axelrod releases the farm sex photos.

I beg to differ. JA has a mind of his own. DIN's isn't his own. It's on loan from MSNBC.

JA's close to the pulse of certain PA voters and RS's negatives are an open slate.

Chief of which are his blind support of GW's war in Iraq, and his homophobia.

His campaign will crash and burn when Axelrod releases the farm sex photos.

so much for sarcastic humor :lol:

From his website, Rick Santorum:

- has a faith first way of making decisions (he calls his campaign the Faith, Family, and Freedom tour for !@#s sake!)

- wants to break up the 9th Circuit because he doesn't like it

- will ban stem cell research

- wants amend the constitution to declare a state of personhood for the unborn (you cannot make this $%^& up--it's right on his website)

- wants to amend the constitution to define marriage

- wants to reenact don't ask, don't tell

- wants to pass a federal law (!!!) permitting prayer at school social functions

And there's gems like this, "One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country...Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that's okay, contraception is okay. It's not okay. It's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be."

Not to mention, his love of pork spending (he was for it before he was against it).

DiN is pretty close to the truth when he says despicable and with incumbent reelection rates running over 90%, to lose by 17% says the PA voters hated his guts. It was a top 25 all-time loss for an incumbent. Way to go Rick!

Edited by John Adams

DiN is pretty close to the truth when he says despicable and with incumbent reelection rates running over 90%, to lose by 17% says the PA voters hated his guts. It was a top 25 all-time loss for an incumbent. Way to go Rick![/size][/font]

No, you and likeminded people hate his guts. Does he have views that I vehemently disagree with? yes. Does that make him despicable? No, only to people who have strong views about religion and politics. Does wanting to amend the constitution = vile? No, it just means he's a pandering goofball. Does losing an election by a landslide equate to being seen as despicable in the eyes of voters? Of course not.

Rick Santorum has always had these views, it's not a new revelation. You telling me that after 16 straight years of getting elected and reelected that all of a sudden they "hate his guts"? That just doesn't fly in the face of reason. Dude, you can do better than that. This sort of argument only works with dimwits.

Sorry, JA Correlation does not imply causation, you can try to spin it however you like, but you can't win this argument in a rational manner, at least not with the arguments that you have provided anyway.

Edited by Magox

No, you and likeminded people hate his guts. Does he have views that I vehemently disagree with? yes. Does that make him despicable? No, only to people who have strong views about religion and politics. Does wanting to amend the constitution = vile? No, it just means he's a pandering goofball. Does losing an election by a landslide make a person despicable in the eyes of voters? Of course not.

Sorry, JA Correlation does not imply causation, you can try to spin it however you like, but you can't win this argument in a rational manner, at least not with the arguments that you have provided anyway.

No no no, you totally don't get it. The reason why people like Santorum shouldn't be in office is because they are horrible despicable human beings. It has nothing to do with politics, they're just scum.

Conversely kind benevolent sentient beings such as Obama deserve all the power and praise we can provide. It has nothing to do with politics, anyone who disagrees is racist and a horrible human being like Santorum.

No no no, you totally don't get it. The reason why people like Santorum shouldn't be in office is because they are horrible despicable human beings. It has nothing to do with politics, they're just scum.

In a completely objective, unemotional judgement, of course.

From his website, Rick Santorum:

- has a faith first way of making decisions (he calls his campaign the Faith, Family, and Freedom tour for !@#s sake!)

- wants to break up the 9th Circuit because he doesn't like it

- will ban stem cell research

- wants amend the constitution to declare a state of personhood for the unborn (you cannot make this $%^& up--it's right on his website)

- wants to amend the constitution to define marriage

- wants to reenact don't ask, don't tell

- wants to pass a federal law (!!!) permitting prayer at school social functions

And there's gems like this, "One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country...Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that's okay, contraception is okay. It's not okay. It's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be."

Not to mention, his love of pork spending (he was for it before he was against it).

DiN is pretty close to the truth when he says despicable and with incumbent reelection rates running over 90%, to lose by 17% says the PA voters hated his guts. It was a top 25 all-time loss for an incumbent. Way to go Rick!

just because he is president, doesn't mean he gets the power to do those things.

No, you and likeminded people hate his guts. Does he have views that I vehemently disagree with? yes. Does that make him despicable? No, only to people who have strong views about religion and politics. Does wanting to amend the constitution = vile? No, it just means he's a pandering goofball. Does losing an election by a landslide equate to being seen as despicable in the eyes of voters? Of course not.

Rick Santorum has always had these views, it's not a new revelation. You telling me that after 16 straight years of getting elected and reelected that all of a sudden they "hate his guts"? That just doesn't fly in the face of reason. Dude, you can do better than that. This sort of argument only works with dimwits.

A lot of people fear Rick Santorum in power. His views are grotesque. The people of PA tolerated him for several terms because middle-PA likes that sort of thing--and he brought home a ton of pork. But when push came to shove and he had some real competition to point out what kind of person he was, he got run out of office in the biggest senate defeat in almost 30 years. Santorum is a guy people in PA turned up to vote AGAINST--he was absolutely disliked here.

If he's still around when the primary arrives, you'll see. Romney may beat (or almost beat) Santorum in his home state in his own party, which would be pretty embarrassing.

I have strong views about controlling people's personal lives and politics. Rick happens to use his faith as his "moral" compass.

just because he is president, doesn't mean he gets the power to do those things.

He has some listed under things he will do as pres and some listed under what he will press Congress to do.

Edited by John Adams

A lot of people fear Rick Santorum in power. His views are grotesque. The people of PA tolerated him for several terms because middle-PA likes that sort of thing--and he brought home a ton of pork. But when push came to shove and he had some real competition to point out what kind of person he was, he got run out of office in the biggest senate defeat in almost 30 years. Santorum is a guy people in PA turned up to vote AGAINST--he was absolutely disliked here.

If he's still around when the primary arrives, you'll see. Romney may beat (or almost beat) Santorum in his home state in his own party, which would be pretty embarrassing.

I have strong views about controlling people's personal lives and politics. Rick happens to use his faith as his "moral" compass.

He has some listed under things he will do as pres and some listed under what he will press Congress to do.

You may be right with most of what you said, but that's not the point of our debate, AND that still doesn't mean that most people find him to be despicable. I'm objective and reasonable enough to understand that, I think thats where you and I differ.

And I really don't like having to defend a person that is not my sort of candidate at all, but whether you like him or not, he is seen as a likeable and a genuine candidate. Your strong views don't allow you to see that, and hey, that's ok. That's how you feel.

But without a doubt, Romney makes a much better general election candidate, and his track record of turning things around, business acumen and governing over a liberal state while showing fiscal discipline is something that I find appealing.

I just hope this Santorum surge is just that, a surge. My guess is that once they shine that big light on him, his weaknesses will get exposed. He's had the luxary of being able to throw punches at the other two candidates without getting hit back, lets see how he deals with it.

As Obama found out in short order.

Still...does mean he's an idiot. Why is it that most of us here on a football message board have more knowledge about the limitations on the powers of the President than the presidential candidates themselves seem to have? :doh:

You may be right with most of what you said, but that's not the point of our debate, AND that still doesn't mean that most people find him to be despicable. I'm objective and reasonable enough to understand that, I think thats where you and I differ.

And I really don't like having to defend a person that is not my sort of candidate at all, but whether you like him or not, he is seen as a likeable and a genuine candidate. Your strong views don't allow you to see that, and hey, that's ok. That's how you feel.

Uhh. No. I see that people like him. Those are not people I agree with. If by genuine, you mean that he believes all the crazy **** he says, then he's genuine. I dislike him because of what he stands for. My feeling is based on reason. His desire to expand government into social policy is frightening. I didn't cherry pick his "best of" soundbites above. Those are on his campaign website. He is a scary m-effer. In a sweater vest.

You'e the one who says he'll vote for him against Obama. I would rather have 20 more years of Obama than 4 years of Santorum. He will push--hard--for all the crazy crap on his website.

Edited by John Adams

You'e the one who says he'll vote for him against Obama. I would rather have 20 more years of Obama than 4 years of Santorum. He will push--hard--for all the crazy crap on his website.

Yeah, I'd vote for him over Obama, without a doubt. So you care more about the social issues than the economy, Okey dokey, so i guess you are one of those kinda people. Thats ok you can worry about the social issues, I'll keep my focus on the economy.

Also, as Adam and DC pointed out, I'm rational enough to understand that none of those things that Santorum wishes he could achieve, in regards to amending the constitution and all the other B.S would never ever happen.

Edited by Magox

I would rather have 20 more years of Obama than 4 years of Santorum. He will push--hard--for all the crazy crap on his website.

You'll take 20 more years from a man who is forcing churches to provide services against their beliefs, FUBAR'ing the economy, growing government, spending us into oblivious AND doesn't believe in gay marriage, but you want nothing to do with a guy who doesn't believe in gay marriage?

There are many things driving that way of thinking, but reason is absolutely not one of them.

You'll take 20 more years from a man who is forcing churches to provide services against their beliefs, FUBAR'ing the economy, growing government, spending us into oblivious AND doesn't believe in gay marriage, but you want nothing to do with a guy who doesn't believe in gay marriage?

There are many things driving that way of thinking, but reason is absolutely not one of them.

You have me in a checkmate. I couldn't vote for Santorum or Obama. Having just lived through 3 years of Obama, I trust we'd make it through 5 more. I have no such faith in Rick Santorum and his agenda.

You have me in a checkmate. I couldn't vote for Santorum or Obama. Having just lived through 3 years of Obama, I trust we'd make it through 5 more. I have no such faith in Rick Santorum and his agenda.

That's fine. I don't doubt what you're saying at all, and completely believe this is your conviction.

I'm just pointing out that your statement that this is based on reason is astonishingly absurd.

That's fine. I don't doubt what you're saying at all, and completely believe this is your conviction.

I'm just pointing out that your statement that this is based on reason is astonishingly absurd.

It's absurd that a reasonable person cannot find Santorum's social engineering positions--all faith based--terrible?

Or you just don't like that I hyperbolized and said I want 20 more years of Obama?

I know what I get with Obama. 5 more years of crappy leadership and an economy that is fixing itself despite the left and right's best efforts to eff it up.

It's absurd that a reasonable person cannot find Santorum's social engineering positions--all faith based--terrible?

No. It's absurd that a reasonable person finds Santorum's social-enginieering positions so bad that he would quickly, easily and gladly take the leadership of a person who is so hellbent on ripping this country apart that it make Santorum look like an atheist.

Really. I see where you're coming from. Tens of trillion in debt. A health care law that does nothing to fix health care. Trillions in money laundering to union pals and campaign supporters. Class warfare rhetoric that has unbathed tent-dwellers putting babies on train tracks, crapping on police cars, and destroying city property. Recess appointments where no recess is taking place. A mandate that churches must turn on their faith for the sake of "women's health care." An AG who has plenty of time to invade a guitar manufacturer, but no idea what that whole Fast and Furious thing is about. Economic growth that is completely in the crapper for the foreseeable future. And the idea that 1.2M people dropping out of the work force is good because it brings the unemployment down to 8.3%.

But hey...let's not elect the guy who doesn't like gays. That would be really bad.

Totally reasonable.