The Official Mitt Romney thread

Kind of undermines the entire phony Conservative argument on government and economics

The problem (of course) as the whole board realizes, Davey doesn't have the slightest idea what the actual views of conservatives are.

He is filled with misconceptions and cliches and seeks out those blogs that will re-inforce his biases, rather than challenge himself.

His posts are very illustrative as to how a lazy mind operates.

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he said is what I've been saying on this board for quite some time. You just can't cut, you have to cut and have a pro growth tax code.

This message is gonna be a winner in the general elections, which is a position of cutting spending AND having progrowth tax reform.

This is what I'm talking about, pragmatic.

Btw, Romney is unveiling his new tax plan soon. Looking forward to disecting it a bit.

Team Romney tells me there will be a bolder tax-cut plan released either at the debate tomorrow night (if Mitt gets it in) or more formally at his Detroit Economic Club speech on Friday. Im embargoed from releasing details until tomorrow. But I can say that the new plan will be across-the-board with supply-side incentives from rate reduction, and that it will help small-business owners as well as everyone else.

Also, it looks as if Obama has been dropping off again,

USA Today Gallup poll recently released

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-02-20/GOP-convention-poll/53172644/1

Meanwhile, President Obama's standing against two potential Republican rivals has ebbed a bit. Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney leads the president 50%-46% among registered voters, Romney's strongest showing against him to date. Obama edges former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum by a single percentage point, 49%-48%.

Funny how on Politico, this was nowhere to be found, yet Politico on one of their main headlines of the day, from this VERY SAME poll has this as one of their major headline

POLL: SANTORUM OPENS 10 POINT LEAD :unsure:

Here's a few other headlines from Politico about Romney today

MITT SPENDING OUTPACES FUNDRAISING

MITTS BURN RATE A BOON FOR OBAMA

MICHIGAN LAWMAKERS WORRY ABOUT MITT

POLL: MITTS ARIZONA LEAD NARROWS

And they dont happen to mention that there was a poll that came out on the same day that shows Mitt up 10 over Santorum in Arizona, they don't mention that there was another poll that came out today in Michigan that shows Mitt up 2.

But here is the Headline on politico about Obama

OBAMA SINGS AGAIN

pfff :rolleyes:

It's so obvious that the media doesn't want Mitt to win, they know he would give Obama a really tough election matchup, they desperately want to see Santorum win because they know they would win. Mitt has already been vetted, the spot light has been on him the whole time, the only thing they can find about Mitt are some politically clumsy things he has said, and thats it. Whereas Santorum is now beginning to get properly vetted, and it seems like every day here recently they are finding things he has said that just doesn't play well with independents.

And with intense scruting from the main stream media and even hard right wingers, Romney still is about even with Obama and that is without the right coaelescing behind him yet.

On a sidenote, would someone just tell Sarah Palin to shut the !@#$ up already!

Edited by Magox

The problem (of course) as the whole board realizes, Davey doesn't have the slightest idea what the actual views of conservatives are.

He is filled with misconceptions and cliches and seeks out those blogs that will re-inforce his biases, rather than challenge himself.

Sure he does -- conservatives sit around all day swilling brandy while laughing about the plight of the "workers" and dreaming up new ways to enslave them. That's until lunch, when they go out for some good old fashion gay-bashing.

Sure he does -- conservatives sit around all day swilling brandy while laughing about the plight of the "workers" and dreaming up new ways to enslave them. That's until lunch, when they go out for some good old fashion gay-bashing.

I don't gay-bash. Guess that's what makes me an independent.

He tries to shine the light of truth under their rock once in awhile. Totally unacceptable!

http://www.huffingto..._n_1292261.html

Kind of undermines the entire phony Conservative argument on government and economics

You cant tell the difference between "pro growth tax policies" and "raising taxes on everything, especially rich people", you walking abortion?

This message is gonna be a winner in the general elections, which is a position of cutting spending AND having progrowth tax reform.

I agree with this 110%. I think even us small government conservatives know that this problem has to attacked from both ends. It's all how the message is given.

I agree with this 110%. I think even us small government conservatives know that this problem has to attacked from both ends. It's all how the message is given.

No, DiN says otherwise. And I think he knows what you think better than you do.

Or something... :unsure:

No, DiN says otherwise. And I think he knows what you think better than you do.

Or something... :unsure:

Just because I feel that there needs to be some increase in revenue for the government doesn't mean I don't think it shouldn't come off the backs of grandma and poor people. I have to do something other than lighting cigars with $100 bills to keep my evil 1%er status.

The retard is calling me stupid.....

Seriously? Are you really this stupid?

Seriously, you have already forgotten the balanced budget amendment?

Seriously, has it really been to long for your short attention span to remember the debt ceiling fight?

God you are a stupid cuss!

The retard is calling me stupid.....

I actually look forward to 4pm now. I read posts during the day, and think to myself "I wonder what stupidity DiN's going to reply to this with when he gets home from day care...?"

Seriously, you have already forgotten the balanced budget amendment?

Seriously, has it really been to long for your short attention span to remember the debt ceiling fight?

God you are a stupid cuss!

In other words..."yes". That's all you had to say, "yes".

• 2 weeks later...

Lol

But back in 2009, as Barack Obama was formulating his healthcare vision for the country, Mitt Romney encouraged him publicly to use an individual mandate. In his op-ed, Governor Romney suggested that the federal government learn from Massachusetts how to make healthcare available for all. One of those things was “Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages “free riders” to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others.”

Friends, if Mitt Romney is the nominee, we will be unable to fight Obama on an issue that 60% of Americans agree with us on.

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2012/03/02/breaking-mitt-romney-urged-obama-to-embrace-the-individual-mandate/