The Official Mitt Romney thread

Lol. Pretty unlikely Obama loses to anyone the Republicans finally decide on. Romney will at least make it close though.

Still have the Republicans controlling all of Congress though.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone that isn't a complete left winger votes for Obama to get another term. What the hell has he done to deserve another 4 years? If you aren't a lib you are going to have a hard time coming up with an answer.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone that isn't a complete left winger votes for Obama to get another term. What the hell has he done to deserve another 4 years? If you aren't a lib you are going to have a hard time coming up with an answer.

"I'm Barack Obama, and I'm here to protect you from the bogeyman."

What the hell has he done to deserve another 4 years?

He deserves another four years because, in reality, he has done a masterful job of giving us plenty of things to fight about so we don't pay attention to his first three years. It's genius, really. And for that, he should get another four years. Because we deserve it.

Although, in fairness, the war on women's health that has everyone acting like a bunch of mindless idiots is going to be a hard act to follow up.

Although, in fairness, the war on women's health that has everyone acting like a bunch of mindless idiots is going to be a hard act to follow up.

The war on women's health?

What? I have to update my talking points. I thought it was the war on women? Man these guys are good.

It's somewhat impressive how he effectively paints the other side as "playing petty politics" with gasoline prices and Iran and that he is above the fray since he actually has real responsibilities as Commander in Chief. There is actually alot of truth to that. But what I find to be quite remarkably hypocritical is that he did the exact same thing when he was running his campaign in 07/08, and on the exact same subjects, gasoline and Iraq. I suppose he believes that we all have a severe case of amnesia and that we don't remember him replicating the same "petty politics" that his critics on the trail are practicing today, or maybe he calculates that the other members of his campaign staff, you know, the media, won't hold him accountable to the same standard he is with his opponents.

You expect people to remember the 2008 Presidential Election beyond Hope & Change and Tina Fey's impersonation of Sarah Palin?

Jebus H Chryst on a cracker dude. Your average American has to do some serious thinkin to remember what happened on a last years episode of Jersey Shore, which they paid more attention to in the first place

Edited by /dev/null

He needed the first 4 years to learn how to be prez. Now he's ready to be one. But he'll tell you that he's still cleaning up Dubya's mess.

He needed the first 4 years to learn how to be prez. Now he's ready to be one. But he'll tell you that he's still cleaning up Dubya's mess.

I heard a great line yesterday from Newt Gingrich. He said in the last three years Barack Obama went from "Yes, we can" to "Why we can't."

The dumbest of states. Mississippi is as Republican as it gets, rock hard dumb. Romney is just too Liberal for the Republicans

Drop out Newt! You total fake clown, drop out let the real clown have a chance against the liberal Romney!

Awww, whassa matta Davey? Nobody pay any attention quick enough that you have to respond to your own idiocy? :rolleyes:

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

Two can be as bad as one

It's the loneliest number since the number one

Awww, whassa matta Davey? Nobody pay any attention quick enough that you have to respond to your own idiocy? :rolleyes:

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

Two can be as bad as one

It's the loneliest number since the number one

Now, now, lay off Davey...............according to the wise words of Benjamin Franklin, Dave must be exhausted.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

He lost states he was expected to lose.

And yet, on the night, he was competitive with the Southern candidate and still picked up [on edit: MORE] delegates [than] Sweater Vest.

He can run the race out an alienate a lot of Repubs from the GOP notion that the previous round's runner-up becomes the favored candidate next time, as Reagan did in '76 and as Romney did after Super Tuesday in '08 rather than fight to the bitter end. What Santorum is trying to accomplish is to get Romney to lose so Sweater Vest can run in 2016 against a clean slate (assuming Biden won't run, because he'll be... how old?... and he'll still be Joe Biden). What Santorum's doing is not what's good for the party and he would happily put Obama in office for the next four years for his own purposes.

Once we get to the 24 April primaries, it'll likely be done. And if not, June 5th will put the final nail in Santorum's coffin and thoroughly f--- over any chance he has at a future in the party if he takes it that far.

Edited by UConn James