The Official Mitt Romney thread

He lost states he was expected to lose.

And yet, on the night, he was competitive with the Southern candidate and still picked up nearly as many delegates as Sweater Vest.

He can run the race out an alienate a lot of Repubs from the GOP notion that the previous round's runner-up becomes the favored candidate next time, as Reagan did in '76 and as Romney did after Super Tuesday in '08 rather than fight to the bitter end. What Santorum is trying to accomplish is to get Romney to lose so Sweater Vest can run in 2016 against a clean slate (assuming Biden won't run, because he'll be... how old?... and he'll still be Joe Biden). What Santorum's doing is not what's good for the party and he would happily put Obama in office for the next four years for his own purposes.

Once we get to the 24 April primaries, it'll likely be done. And if not, June 5th will put the final nail in Santorum's coffin and thoroughly f--- over any chance he has at a future in the party if he takes it that far.

He may be trying to accomplish something that's a sure loser. Santorum is unelectable for President. He's way too big a nutto.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you now why? Here's a hint Davey. It ain't because he's too liberal.

If Romney were anything other than Mormon, he would've wrapped this thing up back in Iowa. He would've won in '08.

The South wants an evangelical Minister-in-Chief more than they want a president. Nothing new about that.

Like Alan Alda said as Republican nominee Arnold Vinick in the West Wing, "From now until the end of the campaign, ask me anything you want about government. But if you want to talk about religion, please go to church."

Many other people in other areas of the country really don't give a wit because first and foremost, we need someone who's going to lead the military/foreign policy, get out of the way of the economy and get the deficit & debt into check.

I don't think it really matters how long the nomination goes. The rest of the country that isn't insistent on having the Ten Commandments as the only laws on the books will have the ultimate say and it will be Romney. Obama's goose is already cooked, and it'll be burnt once we have $5 gas this summer (and an accompanying jobs slide due to the rising costs of doing business) because of historic Democrat no-drill and now no-pipeline policies. We're not going to have green-tech tomorrow, next year, five years from now but this president wants to price things as if there is an alternative.

Edited by UConn James

Obama's goose is already cooked, and it'll be burnt once we have $5 gas this summer

I disagree. He'll be sweating the summer heat but once fall comes and prices drop (like they always rise in summer and drop in fall), Obama will be doing victory laps over lowering the price of gas to $4.25

If Romney were anything other than Mormon, he would've wrapped this thing up back in Iowa. He would've won in '08.

The South wants an evangelical Minister-in-Chief more than they want a president. Nothing new about that.

Like Alan Alda said as Republican nominee Arnold Vinick in the West Wing, "From now until the end of the campaign, ask me anything you want about government. But if you want to talk about religion, please go to church."

Many other people in other areas of the country really don't give a wit because first and foremost, we need someone who's going to lead the military/foreign policy, get out of the way of the economy and get the deficit & debt into check.

I don't think it really matters how long the nomination goes. The rest of the country that isn't insistent on having the Ten Commandments as the only laws on the books will have the ultimate say and it will be Romney. Obama's goose is already cooked, and it'll be burnt once we have $5 gas this summer (and an accompanying jobs slide due to the rising costs of doing business) because of historic Democrat no-drill and now no-pipeline policies. We're not going to have green-tech tomorrow, next year, five years from now but this president wants to price things as if there is an alternative.

I was listening to a radio talk show yesterday and a caller who said he was very conservative would vote for Obama over Romney due to Obama's religious beliefs being more in line with his. :wallbash: WTF???

And I listened to this guy talk for quite a while and he was no idiot. He was very informed. I couldn't believe what I heard. God I hate God.

I was listening to a radio talk show yesterday and a caller who said he was very conservative would vote for Obama over Romney due to Obama's religious beliefs being more in line with his. :wallbash: WTF???

And I listened to this guy talk for quite a while and he was no idiot. He was very informed. I couldn't believe what I heard. God I hate God.

On the bright side, he's smart enough not to claim Obama's Muslim because his middle name is "Hassan".

On the bright side, he's smart enough not to claim Obama's Muslim because his middle name is "Hassan".

I know. The guy said he had good Christian values. Damn, so I guess if you're going to hell in a handbasket it's best to be driven there by someone with good Christian values. :cry:

As I stated before many deeply religious Christians consider "The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints" a cult that commits heresy.

Romney a liberal? Lol. This is why I can't take this place serious sometimes. He is a moderate if anything. In no way, a liberal.

It's not this place you can't take seriously. It's DIN. He posts a lot of stupid stuff to get people riled up.

Romney's a liberal. Obama increased US oil production. Obamacare will reduce the deficit. Joe Biden is smart. That kind of stuff.

As I stated before many deeply religious Christians consider "The church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints" a cult that commits heresy.

The same nuts also say The Pope and the RC Church aren't Christian.

Yes, I saw Chris Matthews comments on The Ed Show, too.

Although much like Obama, I highly doubt Matthews is a "deeply religious Christian." He's just a guy who probably believes in God. What an embarrassing tool this guy is.

Link here.

MSNBC's Chris Matthews says Republicans are willing to outsource the election to a Mormon in order to win the presidency. Matthews also likened the process to calling India or another third-world country to get your computer fixed.

On top of that, Matthews called Romney a cultist as well as his two opponents who are Catholics.

"I think religion matters," Chris Matthews said on MSNBC's "Ed Show" with host Ed Schultz. "Reverend Al, you, Ed and I know the way that the people in these polls down there say they think the president is a Muslim. I mean, the majority in one of those states thinks he is, the other 30-some percent don't know. In other words, they don't know whether he's lying about his religion, which is a pretty strong indictment right there. So, culturally, they are out to lunch for the president. There not going to vote for President Obama. So who they going get to beat him. That seems to be on their mind's now, not who they like. They are willing to outsource it to a Mormon."

"It seems to me, if they can win -- I said it's almost like calling up India, or somewhere in the third-world to get your computer fixed. You don't care who is fixing it, just fix the damn computer. They want to get rid of Obama so they're willing to vote for a guy they don't like or trust his religion. But they have no choice," Matthews said during MSNBC's primetime coverage of primary results on Tuesday night.

"They have three, or two RCs -- Roman Catholics running and a Mormon so the three cultists running. I have to pick one of the three cultists as they see them. This isn't as funny as I'm making it, but it's ridiculous to pick a guy they really think is the other, the heretic, the Muslim, what a strangest of religious prejudice is at work here, they pick the guy they don't like to pick a guy they hate worse," he finished.

Yes, I saw Chris Matthews comments on The Ed Show, too.

Although much like Obama, I highly doubt Matthews is a "deeply religious Christian." He's just a guy who probably believes in God. What an embarrassing tool this guy is.

Link here.

1. I posted the same thing here months ago that a lot of Evangelicals Consider LDS as a cult and wouldn't vote for Romney on religious grounds- got told I didn't know what I was talking about..

2. Chris Mathews didn't call them cultist he said that many the Deep south Evangelicals consider them cultist (as they see them) and he's absolutely right.

btw Santorum is going after Romney for the dog on the car roof for 12hrs issue- The dogs name was Seamus which seems like it's going to be appropriate (shame us).

1. I posted the same thing here months ago that a lot of Evangelicals Consider LDS as a cult and wouldn't vote for Romney on religious grounds- got told I didn't know what I was talking about..

2. Chris Mathews didn't call them cultist he said that many the Deep south Evangelicals consider them cultist (as they see them) and he's absolutely right.

btw Santorum is going after Romney for the dog on the car roof for 12hrs issue- The dogs name was Seamus which seems like it's going to be appropriate (shame us).

Try as you might, Santorum is not getting the nod. I know, it's disappointing. But with any luck, Obama will find out Romney has some sealed divorce records and cruise to reelection Chicago-style. :lol: