Would you trade FJ for a 1st rounder in 2012?

D521646

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not advocating a trade at all. But you get offered a 1st for Freddy you jump at it. Get the extra 1st take your extra 4th and try and fade back into the 2nd or 3rd and grab another back if you feel so Inclined. We could shore up any combination of positions that are sub par with 2 firsts.

Disclaimer? I would nOt shop Fred, but if the phone rang and we get a 1st you jump at it

Also what if u can package those 2 firsts for rg3. Does it then become worth it?

Then is becomes would ou trade fred and our 1st for a franchise qb.

Funny, when I saw the title of this thread, 2 things happened.

1) Instantly I said to myself "OhMyGod Yes as soon as humanly possible omg omg omg yes!"

2) I thought lemme be the first to reply cause I cant contain my excitement.

And here I am on page 6 of the replies. I guess at least a couple of you had a similar reaction. My pulse is still a little higher than normal.

Why are people still replying to this ridiculous thread? FJ would not equal a first rounder. Even a guy like MJD, Forte, or Chris Johnson would barely warrant one. FJ is a high third rounder at best, especially coming off an injury. This is as stupid as the clamoring for Mario Williams (who will re-sign with Houston or go to a winning team with cap room, like Atlanta or Cincy).

c'mon guys be serious, what did Nix get for Lynch? Who had 1200+ yards rushing and 12 TD's last season for the Seahawks

This org is so used to getting flim-flammed outta good talent, i'd be surprised if they got a 5th rounder.

Anyway, I'm thinking the Bills keep him because he comes cheap

Geniuses....you wouldnt trade 31 yo fred for a first but you wanted evans traded for a fourth because he was "old" I never saw evans slowing down, but i did noticed fred was never fast to start with.

just an opinion but i dont think fred is THAT good. he is good but not "all pro" i know he got alot of yards but we were running an offense that looks like a pass the whole way and allows for big plays by the rb. If fred is "all pro" and so awesome, why did it take until he was 30 to see he was even better than a so-so lynch?

And i like how popular it is to reply to a "what if we traded our best ______ " post. Every year some genius takes our best player and post "what ifs" and everyone responds. Dumb. If it happens it happens but...its not gonna happen. i only responded to point out the age part and how evans was the same age and how people posted that crap for 4 years.

Not getting worked up about it, in fact we are sitting here laughing about this thread. The bottom line is that you dont stop drafting first round picks because you think the FO will screw it up. Thats like folding pocket aces pre flop in texas hold em just because the previous few times you had them the aces got cracked and you lost huge pots.

You dont turn down a first round pick for an old player at a position you have a young stud waiting to take over because you are worried the team will screw the draft pick up.

No but if you look at the probabilities and historical hit rate on first round picks, the Majority of our first round picks in the last decade have become average players at best. Some are out of football.

If you were a team that was on the cusp and weak at RB (like New England or Pitt) and don't have over a 50% hit rate for major contributors in your first round picks, I could see making a trade for a stud RB that can give you two solid years of being a top 5 back, running, pass protecting and being a locker room leader. New England has ignored the running back position and plugged in journeymen and underachievers for a long time. Picture them with FJ in the backfield taking some heat off of the passing game and beating up linebackers with 20 touches a game.

OK picturing Fred as a Patsy is making me sick..... im out

No team would give us a #1 draft pick for him but to be honest I wouldn't trade him anyways. Our track record for selecting guys in the first round hasn't been to good. I know Nix and Gailey haven't been around long enough to speculate on their drafts but if you look at the entire league, maybe half the teams hit on a first round pick and the others are busts or average players. Now if I could get a first rounder for Spiller I would do it in a second. Spiller is a utility back, not an every down back. I would take a chance on a first rounder to fill a need and get rid of a back up and a guy who is to small to carry the rock 25 times a game.

Doesn't matter if it's Marshall Faulk, if you can get a first rounder for a RB over 30, you seal the deal, sign the papers and hope the other party doesn't think twice about it.

I love Freddie Jackson. But he is not worth a first rounder right now, and never will be in the future, so if that kind of value is coming back, you have to take it.

Edit: all said with the obvious caveat that you would have to be dealing with a GM markedly dumber than Matt Millen in order to pull this off.

Nobody would give up a 1st round pick for any RB now, the NFL is a passing league the days of Thurman Thomas, Emmitt Smith & Barry Sanders are over

as far Fred Jackson you might be lucky to get a late 4th for him, I'd take that deal, CJ Spiller proved he can be the guy

fred jackson is a stud.

fred jackson is the best offensive player on this team by far.

in fact, he is the only offensive player who plays at a pro bowl level.

i never understand why folks would trade a proven sure thing talent for a roll of the dice crap shoot on an unproven rookie.

so, NO !!! i would not trade fred, even for a #1 .....which nobody would offer in the first place.

No one would ever do this, but hell yeah in a second and I love FJ. For some reason, I always thought he would be the perfect rb for the Pats. That team would be impossible to stop with him in the backfield.

A better question might be would you trade FJ to the PAts for a #2 (they are loaded with draft picks)?

fred jackson is a stud.

fred jackson is the best offensive player on this team by far.

in fact, he is the only offensive player who plays at a pro bowl level.

i never understand why folks would trade a proven sure thing talent for a roll of the dice crap shoot on an unproven rookie.

so, NO !!! i would not trade fred, even for a #1 .....which nobody would offer in the first place.

If Fred was 24, you say no. But, since Fred is 31, the answer is HELL YES!

Most of us here aren't sayign to trade jackson. Most of us here know he wouldn't fetch anything near a 1st rounder. However, given the hypothetical that some team offers a #1 for freddie to try to get them over the top, the answer is yes.

A more interesting hypothetical is, would you trade FJ for one of the pats* 1sts.