Would you trade FJ for a 1st rounder in 2012?

D521646

Why would anyone trade a first round pick for Fred Jackson. Honestly, I understand why people like him as much as they do, but he isn't a game-changer that you have to game plan for. He reminds me of Benjarvis Greene-Ellis. If we could get a first round pick for him, I would laugh all the way to the bank.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, when I saw the title of this thread, 2 things happened.

1) Instantly I said to myself "OhMyGod Yes as soon as humanly possible omg omg omg yes!"

2) I thought lemme be the first to reply cause I cant contain my excitement.

And here I am on page 6 of the replies. I guess at least a couple of you had a similar reaction. My pulse is still a little higher than normal.

That's because they went waaaaay back and dug up an old thread... Trying to break records...

Why would anyone trade a first round pick for Fred Jackson. Honestly, I understand why people like him as much as they do, but he isn't a game-changer that you have to game plan for. He reminds me of Benjarvis Greene-Ellis. If we could get a first round pick for him, I would laugh all the way to the bank.

Except Fred Jackson averaged 5.5 yards a carry last year and Green Ellis managed 3.7 WITH one of the best passing attacks in the league to help set him up.

Dude they aren't even close. One is an elite MVP candidate type back and the other is average at best. Everyone that game plans the Bills focuses on stopping Freddie and he still almost got a 1000 yards on only 170 touches not to mention his blocking and receiving skills.

You say he's not a game changer? You're joking

Except Fred Jackson averaged 5.5 yards a carry last year and Green Ellis managed 3.7 WITH one of the best passing attacks in the league to help set him up.

Dude they aren't even close. One is an elite MVP candidate type back and the other is average at best. Everyone that game plans the Bills focuses on stopping Freddie and he still almost got a 1000 yards on only 170 touches not to mention his blocking and receiving skills.

You say he's not a game changer? You're joking

He isn't in the Thurman Thomas/Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith mold, no. Did I say he wasn't good? I challenge you to find that statement. Today's offenses don't lend themselves to making RBs into game changers, unless they are massively involved in the pass game.

He isn't in the Thurman Thomas/Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith mold, no. Did I say he wasn't good? I challenge you to find that statement. Today's offenses don't lend themselves to making RBs into game changers, unless they are massively involved in the pass game.

Fred Jackson carried this team for the first half of the season. He was the guy that made the big play in the clutch. If he's not a game changer then I don't know who is.

Fred Jackson carried this team for the first half of the season. He was the guy that made the big play in the clutch. If he's not a game changer then I don't know who is.

I really don't want to demean his accomplishments, but where did he carry us to?

I really don't want to demean his accomplishments, but where did he carry us to?

I do believe he carried us to 5-4 until he got hurt.. He also made us one of the top rushing teams until he got injured.

I do believe he carried us to 5-4 until he got hurt.. He also made us one of the top rushing teams until he got injured.

Being the top rushing team won't get you dar- the fact that we can't do anything else effectively is not his fault- I'm just saying.....

who fumbles. Spiller you mean? How many did Fred have? Our Fred was a game changer a momentum creator and a team leader last year. If we had a defense (sorry guys) we would have gotten a bit furtherin the win column.

I dont think we can replace him on the field. our field i mean. He is maybe our best player in the big scheme of Buffalo Bills. No i would not trade him for a first rounder this season regardless of that the trade would never be offered.He is just not valuable to another team as much as us is he?

I am a fanboy i guess but i watched the man play most all this year and he is something special. these guys do not just happen everyday for us. He is a keeper and i hope he can stay with the Buffalo program in some way after his career here.

After all that i think we should be giving CJ the majority of running plays later in the season. This kid will be very very good in time.

Every time he fumbles, he changes a game :w00t:

Wow Adam you obviously do not understand what a great player Freddy is. He is a hell of a blocker, he runs with power and quickness, he's allusive and he can catch the ball coming out of the backfield. Believe me, EVERY team game plans around him. He averaged 5.5 yards per carry and was a top 3 candidate for MVP of the NFL before he got hurt. He also had a solid chance at being the leading rusher and all purpose guy in the league. He was a shoe in for the Pro Bowl. If you are not high on his ability and talent then I can not take you seriously as a blogger. If you don't think Freddy is a game changer then you don't know much about football; end of story...

who fumbles. Spiller you mean? How many did Fred have? Our Fred was a game changer a momentum creator and a team leader last year. If we had a defense (sorry guys) we would have gotten a bit furtherin the win column.

I dont think we can replace him on the field. our field i mean. He is maybe our best player in the big scheme of Buffalo Bills. No i would not trade him for a first rounder this season regardless of that the trade would never be offered.He is just not valuable to another team as much as us is he?

I am a fanboy i guess but i watched the man play most all this year and he is something special. these guys do not just happen everyday for us. He is a keeper and i hope he can stay with the Buffalo program in some way after his career here.

After all that i think we should be giving CJ the majority of running plays later in the season. This kid will be very very good in time.

Not Spiller, Peterson. And i am not for trading Jackson- we would never get value.

Okay. Obviously to anyone is that fumbles are a bad thing and can ruin a day. sometimes its no thing when runner recovers or offense falls on it. How did we start talking about AP? this is about Fred i thought. sorry if i get off track i am a little senile at my age already :blush:

Who needs a solid running back in the league?

Hear me out. FJ is 31 coming off an injury, yes great back no doubt but if we could get a 1st rounder for him, would you trade him? If we could lock up the two stud LB's from Bama, isn't it fair to say that CJ and Choice would manage 1200/14 yeard next season?

Seems if this scenario played out, the Bills would benefit?

Thoughts?

Tim-

No one would give a 1st round pick for FJ. He is old for a RB and coming off a injury.