Do the Bills resign Byrd

Kaenon

Byrd is set to only make $565,000 in 2012. Free agent in 2013.

Byrd is one of the most dynamic players to be on the Bills defense in a long time. We have been notorious for letting our core players go after their first contracts are over, instead of paying them top dollar. Will Nix change this and convince Ralph to open up his pocket book, or will Byrd walk and we'll try to "gem out" a UDFA from another draft who has a lot of potential to become the next big thing... <_<

I'm also looking to buy a Byrd jersey when the Nike ones are made, but I don't want it to be a one-year jersey either...lol. :wallbash:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so. I too was thinking of getting a Byrd jersey and think he is a true player. Two things he has working for him IMO are Buddy stating they will look to resign their own (and safety is not an expensive position) as well as his father's past with the team (may not be important but could help with him not looking for big city/bright light). These 2 things may not matter much but I hope they do, after a sophmore slump (albeit injury riddled) I think he has played well this year next to Wilson.

Man i hope they do he is a core part to our D & we need to keep those kind of guys around !! That was what i was thinking last night while watching MNF & Gruden said Jabari Greer was one of the best corners in the league !! The guy doesn't get hurt , plays his butt off but we didn't for what ever reason want to lock him up here in B-lo .

I just think of what our secondary would be like if we would have kept him & gotten rid of Mcgee , ahhh but we didn't . Greer is where he needs to be !!

I just hope our new FO have learned from our old FO mistakes !!!

Man i hope they do he is a core part to our D & we need to keep those kind of guys around !! That was what i was thinking last night while watching MNF & Gruden said Jabari Greer was one of the best corners in the league !! The guy doesn't get hurt , plays his butt off but we didn't for what ever reason want to lock him up here in B-lo .

I just think of what our secondary would be like if we would have kept him & gotten rid of Mcgee , ahhh but we didn't . Greer is where he needs to be !!

I just hope our new FO have learned from our old FO mistakes !!!

Letting Greer walk remains one of the great Bills mysteries, right up there with Fat Pat and Winfield...

Depends on his contract demands. If he's a core player, and I think most agree he is, then re-sign him before he begins his final season. If they let him get close to UFA, the cost goes up and the Bills will say he costs too much.

Buffalo has some big decisions to make with Byrd, Levitre, and Johnson. All of them should have new deals within the next 6-8 months.

God, I hated seeing Greer go! I really thought he was better than McGee (who I still think is good, if he stays healthy). Never understood the reasoning behind that.

Greer was fairly dominant last night.He should never have left. Letting him go was a classic salary dump, since we were drafting corners by the bushel in those days.

letting Byrd go would be similar to above. I believe there is no way in 2013 they let him go. But, its way too early to talk about it. he still has a year left on his rookie contract.

byrd is one of several players that will be requiring some serious cash to retain. Byrd is I hope what Nix talks about when jabbering about building through the draft. Probably Wood, and levitre will be in similar positions soon. We will see if Nix is blowing smoke, or serious.

1325004886[/url]' post='2346418']

Letting Greer walk remains one of the great Bills mysteries, right up there with Fat Pat and Winfield...

I agree that letting Pat Williams go was heartbreaking. One of the reasons. That we sucked so bad this decade. As far as winfield goes, I believe he became the #1 or 2 paid cb in the league. He wasn't worth that money. If someone offers Stevie a contract that will pay him more than any wr in the league, I may have to let him go. The problem lies, that we didn't resign them prior to the season. Once they hit the market, they're gone. I envision that happening with Stevie too...and Byrd, unless we resign him before hes a FA

What amazes me is how rapidly so many folks on TBD appear to resign themselves to thinking about players leaving who are still under contract, or who start such conversations just to scratch some kind of pre-emptive hate on the FO itch. Everyone is entitled to his/her own neurosis, of course, and goodness knows the Bills have provided enough trauma over the years to scar us all in one way or another. But I do hope, for the sake of all my Bills brothers and sisters, that you do not spend your real lives looking for things to get upset about. Life is hard enough dealing with the things that actually go wrong.

Greer wasn't a salary dump. He emerged in his last (contract) year with the Bills, but they'd already drafted McKelvin to start, and were already paying McGee money to start. Not to mention Greer missed 6 games that final season and had a problem staying healthy. Fat Pat was a mistake.

He should be resigned over the off season.

No question about it. If you look at the Bills he is one of the few high draft picks that has performed as of late. Once he figured out his new role in the switch to the 3-4 or whatever the heck it is the Bills run, he has been very solid. He is a ball hawk who is not afraid to mix it up if needed on blitzes or run d.

Yes. Byrd was our most consistent player this year and deserves top 10 safety money.

I had a minor panic attack thinking that Byrd could get away. I would hate that. He is one of the few players on the Bills who is pro bowl caliber. Pay him top 10 safety money and redo the contract half way through next season so that there is no drama. Byrd, Fred and Stevie... git 'er done!