Pears signed to extension

CBD

I think Bell will want to be paid like a starter, don't you? I see the bills allowing him to talk to other teams to determine market value and someone will pay him like a starter.

I doubt it, considering he's missed a full season's worth of games over the past 3 years.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, genius, it is Tibia. The other bone in the lower leg is fibula. Sounds like you're combing the two, lmao. You sound like a pure hater with little rationality. I see you have a lot of posts on this board but I don't care. You sound like a moron. Kyle William has a booboo? Fred Jackson is sitting out when he shouldn't? Those might be the 2 highest character players on the team that any locker room and talent scout would love to have. As you are probably an old dog, it would be very difficult to teach you new tricks so I have no hope in convincing you of anything. Let the misinformed hate eat away at you brother.

You misunderstand my stance on Jackson. I am saying we should pay him now. Other guys are making up excuses to not pay him. The one caviar I would put on that is that we hire a sports psychiatrist to make sure he doesn't take the money and then have his performance and work ethic go down hill like Fitz and Williams. Yes Williams. Either he knew he had a serious injury and took money anyway harming the the teams position or he got a little boo boo and went home. Either way a sports psychiatrist would have helped us pre signing.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

hard to know if it's a good signing without contract details.....

he's a solid RT if the price is right....

Bills signed RT Erik Pears to a contract extension.The terms of the deal are unknown. Pears, who was set to hit unrestricted free agency after this season, has started all 13 games for the Bills this season. Previously known as a journeyman, he's established himself as an asset by bulking up and showing consistency.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3837/erik-pears

Maybe he won't suck. Maybe he'll get a boo boo on his foot and go home like Kyle.

From the sound of Kyle's interview on his injury, it was something that should have been taken care of long ago before it deteriorated to the point of nearly ending his career, what's up with medical???

I cant be the only one looking at this as a bad thing because it signifies they view this journeyman backup as a long-term starter.

Given how pessimistic Bills fan can be, no you cant be the only one. However, I think that is jumping to a conclusion before we know the facts.

Re-signing a guy like Pears is how you build depth, something we are sorely lacking. You keep Pears, and then improve the position. The ultimate goal is to bring in talent that can beat Pears for the job, and then keep Pears around in case of injury. It also provides continuity for the OL group which has to play as a unit, even if he doesnt start.

If the contract comes out as, let's say under $5mil/year, then they are not expecting him to solidify the position.

Edited by DrDareustein

It's crayonz. Getting a rise out of people by saying mean and hurtful things is his schtick. Read his posts from other threads. He rarely adds anything of value. Not a traditional troll. More clever than that. Probably one of the more intelligent posters on the forum. Just likes to use his talents for evil rather than good. Kind of like the Joker.

Graybeard thanks for letting them know but please dont give crayonz credit :sick: . Crayonz is not funny and doesnt add anything to a conversation Yet ppl here seem to enjoy her/him (whatever) :wallbash: . I cant tell if ppl just view it as our own "special" poster or severe stockholm syndrome but the schtick is old. Id rather have scooby posting on this board than crayonz. On second thought... maybe scooby is crayonz!

btw crayonz I wont respond to you so please save your time in trying to bait me... and Graybeard I mean no disrespect to you in any way I'm glad you informed them so crayonz cant bait them anymore.

Jackson is by far the best player on the team and has a minor yet unfortunate injury. You first said you didn't want to sign him because of the "weight bearing" issue then found out it was his tibula and came up with a new reason. Sorry if I seem angry but the other guy had just done the same thing. First he said Jackson had a "serious injury". When I pointed the injury was minor all of a sudden the reason changed to "too old". "I don't like Jackson" would have sufficed and saved time. One year left on the contract is the time you negotiate with your best players. My World Champion Cardinals just found that out the hard way.

As for boo boo foot maybe he should have disclosed his injury during negotiations and/or stopped whining about it. Spurs can be removed before or after the ink on a contract dries. Only one options costs the team millions

Never have I said I dislike Jackson, in fact, he's one of my favorites.

Let's simplify this for you, bullet point style:

- We have Jackson for the 2012 season

- Jackson is injured

- We have time to evaluate the injury and Jackson's health before signing

Here's what I hope for:

- Jackson heals properly

- Bills extend his contract in 2012 for 2-3 more seasons

- Jackson provides valuable productivity for a successful Bills team until he retires

---

Again, let me reiterate. I want Jackson to stay on the team. And in the perfect world, he'd be re-signed sooner than later. But thinking in terms of business, I'm explaining why they might not want to do the re-signing now, vs later. You're reading way too much into my opinions. I simply think we have time to evaluate and re-sign. Are you going to get pissy if I think that Johnson isn't much of a worry either, because we can franchise him?

---

In regards to Williams, I agree that he should have disclosed his injury if he knew about it going into negotiations. If it was just a "man, I have a bit of a sore foot, whatever, I'll play through it", then I can understand. But if he knew he had significant issues, then yes, the moral thing would have been to bring it up to the team. But, from a *business* point of view, Williams made the best decision for himself, financially.

Crap... I got baited again.

:(

---

Again, let me reiterate. I want Jackson to stay on the team. And in the perfect world, he'd be re-signed sooner than later. But thinking in terms of business, I'm explaining why they might not want to do the re-signing now, vs later. You're reading way too much into my opinions. I simply think we have time to evaluate and re-sign.

---

That leaves out the perceived slight Jackson would feel from continuously proving himself and yet being asked to prove it again and again and again. Some might call this being disrespected. A lot of players play that card and most are not justified. IMO Jackson would be justified and it could impact his performance. See Peyton Hillis. I also think it sends the wrong message to the rest of the team about the reward after climbing the absolute mountain that Jackson has climbed.

Re-signing a guy like Pears is how you build depth, something we are sorely lacking. You keep Pears, and then improve the position. The ultimate goal is to bring in talent that can beat Pears for the job, and then keep Pears around in case of injury. It also provides continuity for the OL group which has to play as a unit, even if he doesnt start.

This line of thinking makes perfect sense, and if this were any other team I'd be right there with you. But the Bills are the Bills. Any non-QB, non-rookie they sign for any significant amount of change is expected to play and play often.

If the contract comes out as, let's say under $5mil/year, then they are not expecting him to solidify the position.

Way off. When is the last time the Bills signed a non-QB, non-rookie for $4.9M/year, and didn't fully expect them to play? As long as he's getting $2M or $3M/year, he's their guy. Just going off their track record; this team does not pay for depth.

Edited by Big Bad Boone

This line of thinking makes perfect sense, and if this were any other team I'd be right there with you. But the Bills are the Bills. Any non-QB, non-rookie they sign for any significant amount of change is expected to play and play often.

Way off. When is the last time the Bills signed a non-QB, non-rookie for $4.9M/year, and didn't fully expect them to play? As long as he's getting $2M or $3M/year, he's their guy. Just going off their track record; this team does not pay for depth.

Im trying to give Whaley the benefit of the doubt as it seems the FO is very different in how they draft and re-sign guys since he has been added and promoted.

Also, for example, Andra Davis is making over $2mil/year and has been benched for a rookie. Just sayin.

Appears a good move. Solidifies the OL. He has been good and consistent. The question now is the role of Hairston. Does he continue to play LT or goes back to being a backup and then what happens to Bell.

Hariston is our new left tackle. He has performed well and is a guy chosen in the draft from the current regime.

Isn't it wonderful when a draft pick actually goes as planned. Wow what a feeling.