Pears signed to extension

CBD

With all the other needs on this team do you honestly expect them to resign Bell AND go after another high priced offensive linemen?

I dont

I was responding to your comment that we will be set at OT without adding a player. Plus, if an LT is drafted in the top 3 rounds, he wont be too expensive with the new salary structure.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie Johnson probably won't be a Bill next year. Is it the end of the world? Well with the Bills no.IMO, Johnson would be a nightmare on a team with even moderate success. We don't need some show off who is a decent but far from great #2 receiver. He'd be lost in the depth chart on a couple of teams. For Buffalo, some fans think he could be the second coming of Andre Reed.It's Not going to happen. Personally, he is replaceable. BTW how many game winning TD's has he brought in during the past two seasons? Is he clutch? Then why is he demanding that type of payday? As for a return to the SF bay area. he does not have the speed the Raiders would want. I don't see the 9ers showing any interest in him and I track that NFC team.

Stevie could get himself a big case of the cold shoulder (see Donte Whitner) when it comes to a big payday. Smart GM's see the whole production picture. Including the catch's, drops, Antics. He is a gamer, plays injured, etc. but certainly not in TO's class, unless showing off is now a stat. TO dropped a LOT of balls. He also CAUGHT a lot of game winners. There is a difference between these two show offs.

Signing Pears was a no brainer for Nix. Is he going to be a depth player? Doubt it. He is going to start, unless one bills drive awakes from its 12 year nap. They will continue to find their depth in the leagues dumpsters. Sadly, it's how we do business and everyone now knows it.

GO BILLS

Well that's a terrible mentality. If all we can do is sign white guys with average athleticism and no personality, then we're on the right track (Kyle Williams not included). It was a moronic move to draft Spiller and trade Marshawn away. Especially when we had so many other needs. We better not run Stevie out of town, only to have to fill the need again in the draft. Stevie is a character, but he is in no way a BAD character. He is exactly the kind of player this team needs. He exudes confidence, and he respects the city of Buffalo.

I have no problem with this signing but my opinion on him has changed.....he is a backup swing OT and suits that role well.....

Please resign Bell

Then please move Hairston to the RT spot

You do this and you have OT on this team covered

Not quite sure about that John. A swing tackle implies he can play both positions. Not sure how Pears would do at LT? He is not very athletic, footwork and balance could be a problem. He is decent at RT, for most teams he would be solid depth.

Re-sign Bell, move Hairston to RT and have him push Pears, and bring in an legitimate talent on LT to challenge Bell.

We are $25M below the cap, how hard is this for any decent Front Office?

Edited by Bob in STL

Not quite sure about that John. A swing tackle implies he can play both positions. Not sure how Pears would do at LT? He is not very athletic, footwork and balance could be a problem. He is decent at RT, for most teams he would be solid depth.

Re-sign Bell, move Hairston to RT and have him push Pears, and bring in an legitimate talent on LT to challenge Bell.

We are $25M below the cap, how hard is this for any decent Front Office?

THIS!

The front line is decent, save at the LT position. Depth is a huge issue.

Bell could be a workable backup at LT, but Nix can't avoid addressing the need to a better caliber player this offseason.

I love the move. he has been a surprise. He is a good player and I am always in favor of keeping good players.

Yeah I was a hater before the season started, but he made me a believer. He is no pro-bowler, but he has been very consistent and good in pass protection. A low key, but capable starter on the right side. Hairston looks good at LT. It looks like we will be able to keep these guys together next year...Hopefully they can stay healthy...

This offense was good until we lost Wood and Jackson...that was game over...

I was responding to your comment that we will be set at OT without adding a player. Plus, if an LT is drafted in the top 3 rounds, he wont be too expensive with the new salary structure.

Ahhh....gotcha.

I honestly dont see them doing it. I think they are happen with the OT's they have. It would not surpise me to see them go defensively with nearly every draft pick.

Ahhh....gotcha.

I honestly dont see them doing it. I think they are happen with the OT's they have. It would not surpise me to see them go defensively with nearly every draft pick.

I hope the FO is not happy with the OTs. If we draft three positions out of QB, WR, Pass rusher and OT in the first three rounds, I will get drunk to celebrate.

And a new DC will show that we are not that bad talent-wise. Seems like we have several guys playing out of position on the D.

I'm excited about it. A Chris Kelsay deal on the offensive side of the ball. About time. B-)

IF Kelsay was part of a group that led the league in sacks or held runners to the lowest ypc average, your point would make more sense.

I know the oline sucks and have done nothing well this year. The only reason they don't look terrible is because Fitz has a Dan Marino release and FJax is Barry Sanders. They deserve zero credit. :thumbsup:

Most players would not have even tried to play on it. He made it what 5 games? Your ignorance is alarming.

Do you think he mentioned his wittle foot had an ouchy when he was negotiating his huge contract? Or maybe he faked falling down the stairs and hurting it from carrying that huge bag of cash out of the signing room.

The team needs to sue Williams and Fitz to get their money back due to breach of contract. We could use it to hire a sports psychiatrist that might let us know which players were pansies/Hobarts in waiting.

Do you think he mentioned his wittle foot had an ouchy when he was negotiating his huge contract? Or maybe he faked falling down the stairs and hurting it from carrying that huge bag of cash out of the signing room.

The team needs to sue Williams and Fitz to get their money back due to breach of contract. We could use it to hire a sports psychiatrist that might let us know which players were pansies/Hobarts in waiting.

What is a Hobart in waiting?

Perhaps Freddie would be more apt to tangoing now that he's on IR. Wouldn't hurt to try.[/font][/size]

For all we know the Bills have tried.

However, that would be a stupid move on their part. Remove yourself from being a "fan of the player" and look at what is best for the Team right now.

Freddie is 30, and just had a major injury. No telling how, or if, he comes back from it. Why would the Bills try to give him more money right now? Why sign a guy to an extension if there is a chance (albeit small) that he doesnt come back?

The Bills approached Freddie's camp while he was whining in the media, and he chose to wait. He may have waited himself out of an extension...

That being said, the Bills need to get SJ under contract immediately.