Pears signed to extension

CBD

For all we know the Bills have tried.

However, that would be a stupid move on their part. Remove yourself from being a "fan of the player" and look at what is best for the Team right now.

Freddie is 30, and just had a major injury. No telling how, or if, he comes back from it. Why would the Bills try to give him more money right now? Why sign a guy to an extension if there is a chance (albeit small) that he doesnt come back?

The Bills approached Freddie's camp while he was whining in the media, and he chose to wait. He may have waited himself out of an extension...

That being said, the Bills need to get SJ under contract immediately.

Asmall fracture in a tibula is not a major injury.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie should be signed now, unless his asking price is too high, which I suspect it is. Some other team will spend #1 money on him, but I feel like the Bills won't.

Fred Jackson still has a year left on his contract, doesn't he? IMO, his extension should wait until he can show productivity after his season ending injury.

For all we know the Bills have tried.

However, that would be a stupid move on their part. Remove yourself from being a "fan of the player" and look at what is best for the Team right now.

Freddie is 30, and just had a major injury. No telling how, or if, he comes back from it. Why would the Bills try to give him more money right now? Why sign a guy to an extension if there is a chance (albeit small) that he doesnt come back?

The Bills approached Freddie's camp while he was whining in the media, and he chose to wait. He may have waited himself out of an extension...

That being said, the Bills need to get SJ under contract immediately.

So, you'd push the energizer bunny of the offense off to the side because of a bone break, but you'd give the dancing king an extension?

You guys mean "tibia" right? Isn't that a load bearing bone? Sure, it is an easy heal, but to assume he will be back to this seasons productivity and give him a big contract when he's heading towards 31 is a bit much.

The smart business move is to let him heal, and sign an extension next season if he returns to form.

You guys mean "tibia" right? Isn't that a load bearing bone? Sure, it is an easy heal, but to assume he will be back to this seasons productivity and give him a big contract when he's heading towards 31 is a bit much.

The smart business move is to let him heal, and sign an extension next season if he returns to form.

Pretty sure it is the tibula which is not weight bearing.

Ok, one more time...

The Bills have approached Stevie and Freddie. It is Stevie's camp and Freddie's camp that decided to wait until after the season. It takes two to tango.

The Bills approached Jackson in preseason during the "starter controversy". He chose to wait.

The Bills were in talks with Johnson, but when talks stalled, Johnson's camp pulled out. He chose to wait.

This was all widely reported and Buddy talked about it in his post-Fitz signing interview.

Thanks for clearing things up, but these guys will find something else to B word about.

Pretty sure it is the tibula which is not weight bearing.

I guess my anatomy is rusty... I remember "fibula" and "tibia" but haven't heard of "tibula". :blush:

--

Looks like it's his fibula, which again, isn't a minor bone (imo). The healing process *should* be straight forward, but there is no guarantee... especially not enough of one to throw a bunch of money at him before he returns healthy, since we already have him under contract for one more year.

Edited by Dorkington

I guess my anatomy is rusty... I remember "fibula" and "tibia" but haven't heard of "tibula". :blush:

--

Looks like it's his fibula, which again, isn't a minor bone (imo). The healing process *should* be straight forward, but there is no guarantee... especially not enough of one to throw a bunch of money at him before he returns healthy, since we already have him under contract for one more year.

How about if he runs for 4 trillion yards in week one?

Still not proof?

You guys are something. First you say the bone is weight bearing which is the problem, then when you find out it isn't, that is still a problem. Meanwhile mister boo boo foot is back home eating doritos and watching the checks roll in.

Stevie Johnson probably won't be a Bill next year. Is it the end of the world? Well with the Bills no.IMO, Johnson would be a nightmare on a team with even moderate success. We don't need some show off who is a decent but far from great #2 receiver. He'd be lost in the depth chart on a couple of teams. For Buffalo, some fans think he could be the second coming of Andre Reed.It's Not going to happen. Personally, he is replaceable. BTW how many game winning TD's has he brought in during the past two seasons? Is he clutch? Then why is he demanding that type of payday? As for a return to the SF bay area. he does not have the speed the Raiders would want. I don't see the 9ers showing any interest in him and I track that NFC team.

Stevie could get himself a big case of the cold shoulder (see Donte Whitner) when it comes to a big payday. Smart GM's see the whole production picture. Including the catch's, drops, Antics. He is a gamer, plays injured, etc. but certainly not in TO's class, unless showing off is now a stat. TO dropped a LOT of balls. He also CAUGHT a lot of game winners. There is a difference between these two show offs.

Signing Pears was a no brainer for Nix. Is he going to be a depth player? Doubt it. He is going to start, unless one bills drive awakes from its 12 year nap. They will continue to find their depth in the leagues dumpsters. Sadly, it's how we do business and everyone now knows it.

GO BILLS

You mean the guy that owned the best corner in football and will have back to back 1000 yard seasons?

Stevie is the only receiver to score on Revis this year. We should cut him and watch him become a pro bowler

How about if he runs for 4 trillion yards in week one?

Still not proof?

You guys are something. First you say the bone is weight bearing which is the problem, then when you find out it isn't, that is still a problem. Meanwhile mister boo boo foot is back home eating doritos and watching the checks roll in.

Please read my quote.

If he heals, and returns to form next season, sign him to an extension. That includes if he "runs for 4 trillion yards" in week one.

You're overblowing arguments. I'm not sitting around saying he's worthless. I'm saying that we already have him signed for one more year. Instead of blowing our load on an IR'd player while he's injured, I think it's the better *business* move to wait until he is healed, to make sure your *investment* is a solid one. If we were making money moves on what feels good, I agree, give the man the max contract, he's been a great player for us. But the fact is, the Bills are a business, and we aren't going to lose him for another year. So instead of scrambling to sign him, let him heal and then sign him.

Regarding "mister boo boo foot", I assume you are referring to Kyle Williams. Bone spurs in the foot are a pretty big issue, especially for heavy guys, and further especially for heavy guys who's job is to get *push*. If he can't put pressure on the foot, then it's an issue. His contract was extended 5 weeks before his last game, so that tells me negotiations started well before that.

Apples and oranges.

Stop trolling and start thinking.

Please read my quote.

If he heals, and returns to form next season, sign him to an extension. That includes if he "runs for 4 trillion yards" in week one.

You're overblowing arguments. I'm not sitting around saying he's worthless. I'm saying that we already have him signed for one more year. Instead of blowing our load on an IR'd player while he's injured, I think it's the better *business* move to wait until he is healed, to make sure your *investment* is a solid one. If we were making money moves on what feels good, I agree, give the man the max contract, he's been a great player for us. But the fact is, the Bills are a business, and we aren't going to lose him for another year. So instead of scrambling to sign him, let him heal and then sign him.

Regarding "mister boo boo foot", I assume you are referring to Kyle Williams. Bone spurs in the foot are a pretty big issue, especially for heavy guys, and further especially for heavy guys who's job is to get *push*. If he can't put pressure on the foot, then it's an issue. His contract was extended 5 weeks before his last game, so that tells me negotiations started well before that.

Apples and oranges.

Someone doenst know crayonz...

If you invest in Fitzpatrick, part of that investment is in the receivers, and it's obvious SJ and Fitzpatrick are often on the same page. For me, all those catches against Revis demonstrated the man has talent as a WR against top shelf cornerback talent.

Edited by dpberr

Please read my quote.

Apples and oranges.

Jackson is by far the best player on the team and has a minor yet unfortunate injury. You first said you didn't want to sign him because of the "weight bearing" issue then found out it was his tibula and came up with a new reason. Sorry if I seem angry but the other guy had just done the same thing. First he said Jackson had a "serious injury". When I pointed the injury was minor all of a sudden the reason changed to "too old". "I don't like Jackson" would have sufficed and saved time. One year left on the contract is the time you negotiate with your best players. My World Champion Cardinals just found that out the hard way.

As for boo boo foot maybe he should have disclosed his injury during negotiations and/or stopped whining about it. Spurs can be removed before or after the ink on a contract dries. Only one options costs the team millions