IF the Colts Trade Peyton....

Virgil

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are really good fantasy football numbers. How was he on 3rd and long, or after taking a few hits :wallbash:

He was brain dead after 2002, week 8.:thumbdown: If current-day Fitz was QB in 2004, the Bills would've made the playoffs & TD would still be here.

Absolutely do NOT trade a bundle of picks for P-Gump, The new ownership will be here soon, and hopefully they will install a staff that will know how to draft a team.

Edited by Rico

The colts would be wise to draft luck and let him sit a year and then trade manning. Manning comes back...leads the team to the playoffs like usual and the colts can get a couple firsts and build around luck. Manning coming back for the colts next year and getting some playoff revenue will pay for that signing bonus and whatnot.

If we were to trade anything for Manning it would most likely go down as the worst move in Bills history. And that is saying something.

Trading anything for a 35 year old QB who can't even throw the ball right now is a major mistake. Yes, he was probably the greatest QB of all-time, but he wont be that going forward.

Short of drafting a "10 year guy", I believe we are set at QB. Time to start building up the other positions that are major needs.

This will never happen !!!!!!! Peyton is going to finish his career in Indy !! If they succeed in getting the 1st pick over all which is what it is looking like who better to teach Luck than some one like Peyton the guy is a student of the game & when healthy you see him on the side line teaching or talking with his receivers & other offensive team mates .

It wouldn't surprise me after he retires from the actual on field play of football that he would stay on as a coach with Indy which would be a perfect spot for him to be seeing how much he loves the game !!!

Just heard Archie Manning on ESPN and he said that Peyton and Luck couldn't really co-exist together, even though they were friendly. So it looks like it's one or the other. Should be an interesting off-season.

Please end this topic right now. Do you actually think - I mean REAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY think Peyton Manning would EVER EVER come to the Buffalo Bills. You are talking about one of the BEST players in the HISTORY of the game and the MOST pathetic organization in the NFL. I take it you missed that whole coaching hire they went through when they ended up with the GA Tech guy huh? There were not too many clamoring to come to this black hole....

that point is really the end of it - listening to Manning's father, there is no way Peyton doesn't control his own destiny. He practically owns the Colts after that contract they gave him. I mean, if he wanted to be difficult, he could make it just about impossible for them to draft Luck. So, I would say if they are getting rid of Manning, he will pick the team he ends up on. Where would that be? That is a better question than the original post.

Just heard Archie Manning on ESPN and he said that Peyton and Luck couldn't really co-exist together, even though they were friendly. So it looks like it's one or the other. Should be an interesting off-season.

That clip was from yesterday. Then it was digested. Now, as of this morning, Archie is backpedaling like crazy and saying he thinks they would be great teammates.

I think it would be incredibly short-sighted of Peyton to try to leave Indy if/when the Colts draft Luck. It's an ideal situation for both of them because I dont think any other team will pay Manning's current contract. He's best of staying in Indy and collecting the bucks, if his ego can handle not being the starter in another couple years.

Manning is my favorite football player of all time. But as someone said before its no way in hell Manning would even consider listening to an offer from the Bills, a mediocre QB name McNugget, also known as McNabb wouldn't even hear them out. I never thought I would be reading the Colts trading or replacing this guy. He's a football god impossible to replace. Good Luck with Luck!

I mean, if he wanted to be difficult, he could make it just about impossible for them to draft Luck.

And how exactly would he do this? Tackle Goodell on his way to the podium, steal the draft card and scratch out Luck's name and put in Blackmon instead?

My thinking right now is that in March the Colts don't pay him the bonus and he walks. They draft Luck and Luck turns into the next Ryan Leaf/Matt Lienert/Joey Harrington/David Carr and they stink for the next 5 years.

Manning is my favorite football player of all time. But as someone said before its no way in hell Manning would even consider listening to an offer from the Bills, a mediocre QB name McNugget, also known as McNabb wouldn't even hear them out. I never thought I would be reading the Colts trading or replacing this guy. He's a football god impossible to replace. Good Luck with Luck!

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm just curious -- do you think McNabb belongs in the Hall of Fame? I ask this only because he and Jim Kelly have basically had the same career through 11 years. I hate to see what is happening to McNabb's legacy.

I don't see Peyton going anywhere. There's no better guy to help groom a rookie QB. Luck has talent, but he hasn't developed into the genuine article yet. I expect Peyton with help with this process.

Apparently Archie manning said they can't co-exist. If he goes somewhere it will be a team who thinks they can win it all now if only they had an elite QB. Depending on what happens rest of season I'd say most likely team is jets. I could see manning liking the big stage too.

Apparently Archie manning said they can't co-exist. If he goes somewhere it will be a team who thinks they can win it all now if only they had an elite QB. Depending on what happens rest of season I'd say most likely team is jets. I could see manning liking the big stage too.

That clip was from yesterday. Then it was digested. Now, as of this morning, Archie is backpedaling like crazy and saying he thinks they would be great teammates.

I think it would be incredibly short-sighted of Peyton to try to leave Indy if/when the Colts draft Luck. It's an ideal situation for both of them because I dont think any other team will pay Manning's current contract. He's best of staying in Indy and collecting the bucks, if his ego can handle not being the starter in another couple years.

There's no reason they couldn't have drafted and developed a real QB prospect over the past decade. Fortunately for them, they'll have the option to take the best QB prospect since Manning. But that means making a tough decision with Manning. And it still doesn't ensure that things will go back to the way they once were.

I think they tried to draft a developmental QB. They just aimed too low and drafted too late.

I agree. If no other team will pay him what he's making in Indy. Stay there. Start another year, become a backup or whetever is asked of you and make the money. Then, he could have a good carrear in coaching or broadcasting. He is prob the most liked player in the NFL (perhaps behind Rodgers) so he shouldn't do anything stupid to ruin his "brand" like trash the Colts (and leave all that money). If he's traded by the Colts because they want picks, thats an entirely different story.

And how exactly would he do this? Tackle Goodell on his way to the podium, steal the draft card and scratch out Luck's name and put in Blackmon instead?

My thinking right now is that in March the Colts don't pay him the bonus and he walks. They draft Luck and Luck turns into the next Ryan Leaf/Matt Lienert/Joey Harrington/David Carr and they stink for the next 5 years.

The image of Manning tackling Goddell on the way to the podium is hillarous. But, I won't put it past Archie!

I hope your right that Luck is the next Matt Lienert, etc., but I think he'll be more like the next Rodgers.

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm just curious -- do you think McNabb belongs in the Hall of Fame? I ask this only because he and Jim Kelly have basically had the same career through 11 years. I hate to see what is happening to McNabb's legacy.

Start a thread on it. You'll get a ton of replies. I'm just shocked that the Texans think they are better with (I can't even remember his name) than McNabb. He must have a serious issue character wise with the possibility of ending up as a backup for every team to pass on him.