IF the Colts Trade Peyton....

Virgil

Please end this topic right now. Do you actually think - I mean REAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY think Peyton Manning would EVER EVER come to the Buffalo Bills. You are talking about one of the BEST players in the HISTORY of the game and the MOST pathetic organization in the NFL. I take it you missed that whole coaching hire they went through when they ended up with the GA Tech guy huh? There were not too many clamoring to come to this black hole....

The colts were one of the most pathetic organizations in football before Manning got there, but you could be right. I could see the bills offering the colts the most but Indianapolis trading him to another team out of respect.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please end this topic right now. Do you actually think - I mean REAAAAAAALLLLLLYYYYY think Peyton Manning would EVER EVER come to the Buffalo Bills. You are talking about one of the BEST players in the HISTORY of the game and the MOST pathetic organization in the NFL. I take it you missed that whole coaching hire they went through when they ended up with the GA Tech guy huh? There were not too many clamoring to come to this black hole....

No, let this topic attract as many responses as possible, so we can tell who is brain dead and not have to bother reading or contesting their posts. It's a great litmus test.

Manning isn't going anywhere. This is the plan in my opinion.

1) Tank this season and get Luck in the draft.

2) Luck plays behind Manning and gets groomed for a couple years.

3) Manning becomes OC and works with Luck.

4) The Colts are set at QB for another 10 years.

It's a beautiful plan really. Only thing that would make it prettier was if it was the Bills doing it.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Manning isn't going anywhere. This is the plan in my opinion.

1) Tank this season and get Luck in the draft.

2) Luck plays behind Manning and gets groomed for a couple years.

3) Manning becomes OC and works with Luck.

4) The Colts are set at QB for another 10 years.

It's a beautiful plan really. Only thing that would make it prettier was if it was the Bills doing it.

Disagree for many reasons.

1st Luck is ready to play now by most scouts opinion. Why not let the kid play.

2nd, Polian knows that this team even with Manning is not capable of winning a super bowl at the present time. He is going to try to trade Manning & accelerate the process of building a competitive team around Luck.

3rd & this is where I just can not see the colts keeping Manning. There is noway, a small market team like Indianapolis is going to pay Manning $28 million dollars in March knowing that they 1.) Luck is sitting right in their laps & 2.) not fully knowing if Manning will ever be the same again.

My guess is Polian is going to try to deal Manning, which unless Manning will be willing to redo his contract(& why would he?)for the team that trades for him is going to be next to impossible & when a trade is impossible they will end up cutting Manning, yes cutting Manning sometime in Febuary. He will be able to hold an auction @ that point & there will be plenty of suitors that I can assure you as long as he is deemed healthy.

Would you want the Bills to enter that bidding?

Me, I'd throw the house at him. The Colts are pathetic without him. As far as I'm concerned, he should win the MVP this season. Even if he has 4 years left in him, healthy, that's 4 years of playoff contention. As a Bills fan, there really isn't a whole lot that I wouldn't trade for that.

And yeah, I would give away two 1st rounders for him, because in all fairness, we've proven an inability to know what to do with them.

If he's healthy I would give them two first rounders for sure. That would be a no-brainer.

The colts were one of the most pathetic organizations in football before Manning got there

I'm not so sure this is true. Yes, the move was ugly. But the band, great story. Anyway, I seem to recall that in 1995 the Colts played in the AFC Championship Game and threw a pass into the EZ that was almost caught, but not. The QB was Jim Harbaugh.

http://arthurlifeintheshadows.blogspot.com/2007/01/1995-afc-championship-game-colts-vs.html

Peyton Manning arrived a few years later.

I'm not so sure this is true. Yes, the move was ugly. But the band, great story. Anyway, I seem to recall that in 1995 the Colts played in the AFC Championship Game and threw a pass into the EZ that was almost caught, but not. The QB was Jim Harbaugh.

http://arthurlifeintheshadows.blogspot.com/2007/01/1995-afc-championship-game-colts-vs.html

Peyton Manning arrived a few years later.

In the 20 years between '78 and '98, they averaged 5.5 wins a season and had double-digit-win seasons a grand total of zero times. They were beyond Bills bad.

I don't see why people say that Manning and Luck can't be on the same team. That's like saying Favre and Rodgers can't be on the same team, but look how it turned out for the Packers who have only had 4 quarterbacks in 40+ years... Oh, and that Rodgers who couldn't wait to get on the field turned out pretty good.

Edited by Bills!Win!

This is like 2002 only instead of a 30 year old Bledsoe someone would be getting a 36 year old Manning .

No one will gamble on Manning, they will have to release him. Thats a lot of money to invest in a guy who is that old and has such a serious injury history involving his neck.

My bet is they force him to retire or release him. They are dead set on drafting Luck, it's as much a nobrainer as drafting Manning.

Bledsoe was already awful by then.......