IF the Colts Trade Peyton....

Virgil

Peyton is done !!....he will retire before taking another regular season snap. all he is going to do now is bilk indy out of another $28 mil by playing along.....just a repeat of last year.....go thru rehab, OTA's, training camp etc.... then when judgement day comes, his neck won't be right and he will retire. heck 90% of folks thought he would start this season from day 1.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Manning is due a $28 million contract bonus before March. If the Colts give him that money, it would trigger the remaining four years of his contract and would put Manning’s salary cap hit for 2012 at $17 million.

• The Colts cannot trade Manning prior to paying him that bonus, so the only two realistic options are to release him before it kicks in or hold onto him for at least another season.

• Cutting Manning would save the Colts approximately $6.6 million toward the 2012 salary cap — Manning’s cap hit would drop from $17 million (with $35.4 million actually paid out to him because of the bonus) to $10.4 million, if Indianapolis released him.

http://nfl.si.com/20...?sct=nfl_bf1_a3

Two things:

1 - I don't really think Manning to the Bills is realistic, because I don't think he would want to play here.

2 - From everything I understand, the Colts would not be able to afford both of them, and even if they could with the new CBA, Manning wants to play at least another 3-4 years. Luck would be a FA by the time Manning decided to retire. Again, assuming he comes back healthy.

If Peyton is healthy, the Colts are going to play Peyton even if they draft Luck. With the decreased cost for draft picks, the Colts are in no push to trade Peyton, unless there is some desperate offer from say the Jets (who think they are close to a championship) or Houston (If Matt Schaub cannot come back from his injury, which some doubt he will).

Seriously on Schaub? I hadn't heard this, at all. That would be a shame if true; I think he's a very very solid QB and a total team player.

I would be far more worried about Manning's ability to come back from his injury/durability than Schaub's on the face of it. I would be worried any time he took a hit or a sack it could re-injure or re-aggrevate.

Ehh, Manning would be a pretty bad move. We don't need 30 year old injured Peyton Manning, we need to find our own young Manning. I want the QB who finally takes us there to be a Bill from the start and always one, a la Jim Kelly.

Plus, for some reason I doubt that we'd be doing that much better this year with a top QB. Well maybe Brady or Rodgers, but this team has too many injuries and concerns beyond QB that must be addressed.

We didn't need an over 30 Doug Flutie either, right?

Just heard Archie Manning on ESPN and he said that Peyton and Luck couldn't really co-exist together, even though they were friendly. So it looks like it's one or the other. Should be an interesting off-season.

This is an interesting strategy by the "old fox". I'm sure Archie had a lot to do with the Manning-Rivers draft trade

If you google for Eli's post-draft interview he uses the pronoun "we" an amazing number of times. http://www.chargersgab.com/2009/11/04/remembering-the-2004-nfl-draft-rivers-vs-manning/

Either he has a mouse in his pocket, an amazing amount of trust in his agent, or "We" refers to the Manning family:

Perhaps Archie felt that Eli was "walk on ready" and did NOT want him to be drafted into a 3-way QB controversy with Flutie and Drew Brees, where he might have to sit on the bench?

Very similar situation, except now Manning is the established starter with the giant questionmark hanging over his head, and Luck is the "young gun".

Is Archie trying to persuade Luck to "pull an Eli"? Or what? Is there a team I don't see that's lining up to trade for a brilliant, 37 year old QB with a huge price tag and a major health questionmark?

This is an interesting strategy by the "old fox". I'm sure Archie had a lot to do with the Manning-Rivers draft trade

If you google for Eli's post-draft interview he uses the pronoun "we" an amazing number of times. http://www.chargersgab.com/2009/11/04/remembering-the-2004-nfl-draft-rivers-vs-manning/

Either he has a mouse in his pocket, an amazing amount of trust in his agent, or "We" refers to the Manning family:

Perhaps Archie felt that Eli was "walk on ready" and did NOT want him to be drafted into a 3-way QB controversy with Flutie and Drew Brees, where he might have to sit on the bench?

Very similar situation, except now Manning is the established starter with the giant questionmark hanging over his head, and Luck is the "young gun".

Is Archie trying to persuade Luck to "pull an Eli"? Or what? Is there a team I don't see that's lining up to trade for a brilliant, 37 year old QB with a huge price tag and a major health questionmark?

And/Or, maybe the Mannings just thought a franchise owned by a guy who underwent seven way heart bypass surgery and chemo for cancer wasn't exactly the most stable prospective situation. Not to mention AJ Smith can be a real pain in the *** when he wants to be.

No one knows how long he has left. And if the Colts are looking to trade him, they obviously don't want to take the risk, so why should Buffalo?

HMMMM maybe cuz they have first pick overall and are gonna get luck who will be their starting QB for NEXT 15 yrs.. they could have 2 #1 overall QB's start for basically 30's and not have a controversity every damn yr as to who is ur QB.. would i take Manning? id give 2 1st round and give spiller cuz they need a RB and we got jackson and if we pay the guy and pay stevie and sign 1 more vet WR we are a top 5 offense for next 4 yrs.. anyone who would say NO to Manning needs to get their head checked. this isnt drew bledsoe we're talking about. This is a top 5 QB EVER who gets ball out fast and this injury is something OL have had and come back from and OL get hit and mixed up in a pile. Qb;s take maybe 10 hits a game and Manning is the hardest worker out there. We would go 110% every practice, game and be the best mentor to a young offense u could ever have.

This is a moot point cuz buddy would never have the balls to make this move

The Colts will never trade Peyton Manning. And no, that is not the answer to fix this team anyway. We have too many holes.

Totally agree. But it would generate ticket sales for a few years, and Ralph would be in for that.