Chan is seriously terrible

Bangarang

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what... We'll BOTH visit Denver, or Cincinatti, and ask them how that's working out.

Dude, if you think a fine young quarterback provided the "lift" that started Cincy down the right road, I'm afraid we don't have too much to discuss.

Cincy D #6 in the NFL. Rams # 23. Dalton ain't out there making tackles, and he's not catching his own throws, either. He might be the final coat of polish on the engine, he's not the lift that started the train.

I tend to think Von Miller has at least as much to do with Denver's success as Tebow. I'm also not sure you can call Tebow a talented QB exactly.

He's a force of nature, for sure. But if the Denver D wasn't keeping them in the game, he wouldn't matter (see Newton, Cam)

I'm fine with visiting Denver tho - the scenery is much finer than Cincy.

Dude, if you think a fine young quarterback provided the "lift" that started Cincy down the right road, I'm afraid we don't have too much to discuss.

Cincy D #6 in the NFL. Rams # 23. Dalton ain't out there making tackles, and he's not catching his own throws, either. He might be the final coat of polish on the engine, he's not the lift that started the train.

I tend to think Von Miller has at least as much to do with Denver's success as Tebow. I'm also not sure you can call Tebow a talented QB exactly.

He's a force of nature, for sure. But if the Denver D wasn't keeping them in the game, he wouldn't matter (see Newton, Cam)

Denver almost lost today because Miller was out, they looked like a different team without him. Too bad the Vikings D is ****.

Well, I agree with you about Von Miller. The kid is like a bowling ball in that 4-3. I honestly thought we were going to grab him at #3 last year. As for Tebow, how can you argue that he hasn't had a profound psychological effect on the way that entire team plays? He're's a few things to consider:

1)Prior to today's Vikings game , Denver's defense had not allowed more than 13 points in their last 3 games.

2)Denver's "D" has only allowed 1 4th quarter TD in the last 5 games.

3)The Broncs have not allowed a rushing TD during Tebow's last 6 victories.

For whatever reason, Tebow's guys on both sides of the ball are playing for him. He's given those guys a spark that can't easily be quantified.

All I'm saying is that it'd be great if we had a hungry young player to push our young guys to higher heights. That bearded, depressed, father of three we have as a signal-caller sure as hell can't do it. Sure, Fitz can perfom the basic fuctions of his position, but can you honestly call him hungry? -If 59 million dollars can't motivate a guy, then what can? You seem like a rational guy, hope. It's time to turn the page on Fitzpatrick. He'll never do anything as a starter in this league EXCEPT bring his entire team down.

GO BILLS! RG3 in'12!

Edited by #34fan

Well, I agree with you about Von Miller. The kid is like a bowling ball in that 4-3. I honestly thought we were going to grab him at #3 last year. As for Tebow, how can you argue that he hasn't had a profound psychological effect on the way that entire team plays? He're's a few things to consider:

1)Prior to today's Vikings game , Denver's defense had not allowed more than 13 points in their last 3 games.

3)The Vikes have not allowed a rushing TD during Tebow's last 6 victories.

For whatever reason, Tebow's guys on both sides of the ball are playing for him. He's given those guys a spark that can't easily be quantified.

All I'm saying is that it'd be great if we had a hungry young player to push our young guys to higher heights. That bearded, depressed, father of three we have as a signal-caller sure as hell can't do it. Sure, Fitz can perfom the basic fuctions of his position, but can you honestly call him hungry? -If 59 million dollars can't motivate a guy, then what can? You seem like a rational guy, hope. It's time to turn the page on Fitzpatrick. He'll never do anything as a starter in this league EXCEPT bring his entire team down.

GO BILLS! RG3 in'12!

Some players have "IT", some players don't.

I'm starting to think Fitz is out there just there doing his best, but is inclined to lose if things don't go his way. Shrugs his shoulders, and says oh well.

Guys like Jim Kelly-Dan Marino -John Elway- and now Tim Tebow decide their own fate. When the game is on the line in the 4th QTR they play their best, and incite that feeling into their teammates. Of those three greats I think Kelly had the best offense around him, better line, better RB, better OC in Ted Marchibroda. Marino never did get a RB to help him, although the Dolphins tried to find one almost every year. Elway finally found his in Terrell Davis.

Its looking like Miller would have had more impact on this Bills team then Darius does! But like Fitz,. Darius needs a team around him and can't do it all alone, no player can

Besides abandoning the run in the second half, his clock management skills were less that desireable on the 4th quarter touchdown drive. WTF???? Why weren't they running a no huddle? They wasted too much time. Then they were in panic mode when they did get the ball back. Maybe Chan should just coach the team, bring in a real OC and get a new DC in the offseason. The offense has become too predictable.

This is a pretty good point. Mix in another OC with Chan still the HC .. that makes sense to me.. who is a candidate from the Chan tree who has been in the league long enough to know you have to run the ball to succeed in the NFL?

Abandons the run. Calls the most retarded slant plays that don't do anything but waste time. Hires the worst defensive staff ever. This team is going nowhere.

What are you talking about? People on this board for the past year and a half have been calling him a "Mastermind." The truth is, nothing is going to change with this team until there is new ownership. It is the same cycle over again. People thought Mularkey was great for a year, thought Jauron was great for a year and now thought Gailey was great. He and the whole regime will fall the same way the Williams, Mularkey, Jauron regimes fell-3-4 years here and gone. Then the Bills will start over-AGAIN-and jam "rebuilding" down our throats and so many delirious Bills fans will fall for it again.

I agree they both made mistakes all season long but it takes time (I realize the frustration with 12 years and all that but it is what it is).

I see an improved football team that still needs some holes filled and some more depth.

The rest of the season should provide playing time for younger guys who should be 2nd string right now.

Hopefully we don't see anywhere near the amount of injuries next year and have good drafts and FA periods.

This post includes every cliche that gets repeated every year about this time by some. In that regard, it might be the ultimate post!

Bookmark for next year.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Well, I agree with you about Von Miller. The kid is like a bowling ball in that 4-3. I honestly thought we were going to grab him at #3 last year.

Too bad Denver drafted at #2.

As for Tebow, how can you argue that he hasn't had a profound psychological effect on the way that entire team plays? He're's a few things to consider:

3)The Vikes have not allowed a rushing TD during Tebow's last 6 victories.

I did call Tebow a "force of nature". He's got the "it" factor, for sure.

"Profound psychological effect" is apparently not enough to compensate for the impact Von Miller has ondefensive points allowed, rushing TDs, and other DEFENSIVE stats It would seem realistic to acknowledge that without sufficient talent on defense, Tebow's "IT" factor would not suffice to enable Denver having more points at the end of the day.

All I'm saying is that it'd be great if we had a hungry young player to push our young guys to higher heights. That bearded, depressed, father of three we have as a signal-caller sure as hell can't do it.

Oh, now we have an armchair fan issuing psychological diagnosis of depression. Can we critique the guy's play without trying to play psychiatrist on the net or bring in his progeny? Drew Brees has two kids and that doesn't seem to have relevance to the quality of his play.

This argument of yours gives the show away - you're a man on a mission with your mind made up, and will beat any drum to make your case. Observations that "hungry young QBs" of undeniable talent such as Bradford and Newton, somehow fail to "push their young guys to higher heights" on D when defensive talent and coaching aren't there, can not persuade you. It probably indicates that Bradford and Newton have 3 kids apiece stashed away somewhere, are depressed, and are probably psychologically bearded I'm sure facts about older, family guy QB who manage to lead their (well coached, adequately talented) team to wins with the right pieces would have similar lack of impact. Probably they shaved, sent their wives and kids off to Isolation Island, and took Prozac.

Edited by Hopeful

I love how the board wants the best QB and and coach we have had in a long time run outta town again. I agree they both made mistakes all season long but it takes time (I realize the frustration with 12 years and all that but it is what it is).

I see an improved football team that still needs some holes filled and some more depth. The rest of the season should provide playing time for younger guys who should be 2nd string right now. Hopefully we don't see anywhere near the amount of injuries next year and have good drafts and FA periods.

This.

We have the worst PASS RUSH in the league - BY FAR.

How many games does this team win with a healthy Kyle Williams, and a couple of actual OLB's next season??

SIX SACKS in 11 games against teams not named the Redskins, folks. YOU CANNOT WIN LIKE THAT.

All they have to do is get Williams back healthy, and draft the next Kerrigan or similar next season and you won't recognize them they'll be so good.

Too bad Denver drafted at #2.

I did call Tebow a "force of nature". He's got the "it" factor, for sure.

"Profound psychological effect" is apparently not enough to compensate for the impact Von Miller has ondefensive points allowed, rushing TDs, and other DEFENSIVE stats It would seem realistic to acknowledge that without sufficient talent on defense, Tebow's "IT" factor would not suffice to enable Denver having more points at the end of the day.

Oh, now we have an armchair fan issuing psychological diagnosis of depression. Can we critique the guy's play without trying to play psychiatrist on the net or bring in his progeny? Drew Brees has two kids and that doesn't seem to have relevance to the quality of his play.

This argument of yours gives the show away - you're a man on a mission with your mind made up, and will beat any drum to make your case. Observations that "hungry young QBs" of undeniable talent such as Bradford and Newton, somehow fail to "push their young guys to higher heights" on D when defensive talent and coaching aren't there, can not persuade you. It probably indicates that Bradford and Newton have 3 kids apiece stashed away somewhere, are depressed, and are probably psychologically bearded I'm sure facts about older, family guy QB who manage to lead their (well coached, adequately talented) team to wins with the right pieces would have similar lack of impact. Probably they shaved, sent their wives and kids off to Isolation Island, and took Prozac.

Fitzpatrick behaves, and plays like a guy ten years older than he is. No one needs a degree in psychology to see that. I think poor coaching is the problem on our defense, as opposed to a lack of talent. And while both Bradford and Newton lead teams with horrible records, there is "hope" for the future. Bradford did surprisingly well in is rookie season, and Newton improves exponentially every week that he plays. No, you can't pursuade me that Fitz is worth one-tenth of the money he has on the table. Just like no matter how many bad passes, INT's or 3-and-outs he gets you won't accept the fact that Fitz isn't the future of this franchise. As for the prozac, well, you may wan't to keep some for yourself. You'll need it to console yourself when you realize that the leader you've put so much faith in is a SHAM.

Fitzpatrick behaves, and plays like a guy ten years older than he is. No one needs a degree in psychology to see that. I think poor coaching is the problem on our defense, as opposed to a lack of talent. And while both Bradford and Newton lead teams with horrible records, there is "hope" for the future. Bradford did surprisingly well in is rookie season, and Newton improves exponentially every week that he plays. No, you can't pursuade me that Fitz is worth one-tenth of the money he has on the table. Just like no matter how many bad passes, INT's or 3-and-outs he gets you won't accept the fact that Fitz isn't the future of this franchise. As for the prozac, well, you may wan't to keep some for yourself. You'll need it to console yourself when you realize that the leader you've put so much faith in is a SHAM.

Typical bs I can't stand. At least let Fitz get a shot at qb with a team around him before you call him a "sham". Please name more than 2 weapons Fitz has on offense. Fred is out so that leaves Stevie and spiller? Maybe levitre and Chandler could get argued for but so could spiller the other way. Not a whole lot of talent of the offensive side of the ball. How about our defense. The defense being as awful and poor coached as it is leaves the bills pretty one dimensional most of the time. Even when we don't have to be spread out we are because of coaching and we just don't have the talent at the receiver position to be in a spread offense as much as we are. You could put Tom Brady in place of Fitz and you would see a pissed off qb that has one receiver and a decent tight end with no time to throw and barely any seperation from his receivers and he'd put up similar numbers. Fitz with his close to 70% completion and 20 td's is pretty damn good to me considering were a pretty predictable often one dimensional offense with less studs than any other team and very small windows to put the ball in because only Stevie can get separation from db's. We should be getting behind Fitz and backing him since he is the qb now. Things will get better in buffalo soon. At least give it one more draft. Also I know everyone is ready for Ralph to go but aren't you worried that when he goes the team will go too. I'd rather have Ralph and the BUFFALO bills rather than no Ralph and the team move