Chan is seriously terrible

Bangarang

Obviously the biggest problem is the talent of the players that are on the field both as a result of injuries and poor drafting/trades/free agent signings.

Obviously one of the biggest problems is a HC/OC that is so in love with his 5 wide pistol bull **** that he refuses to adapt.

I'm sorry and I know the Bills need to give him more time and he might be the best they can get, but I am so tired of Chan !@#$ing Gailey and his one dimensional bull **** and !@#$ ups.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously one of the biggest problems is a HC/OC that is so in love with his 5 wide pistol bull **** that he refuses to adapt.

I'm sorry and I know the Bills need to give him more time and he might be the best they can get, but I am so tired of Chan !@#$ing Gailey and his one dimensional bull **** and !@#$ ups.

I like Chan overall but in my mounting frustration I have to agree with you. Commit to the run, use the FB, etc. etc. PLEASE mix it up. At least he used a QB sneak on 4th and short (3rd and short?) today, and believe it or not it worked! I thought for SURE we would throw on that play.

He lost me weeks ago when he abandoned the run against the Cowboys, especially when Jackson was tearing it up. Gailey calls games like a little girl, if the bills get behind all he calls are pass plays trying to catch up. Turk Schonert was no better.

Ya know what tho, April comes around and everyone forgets how inept he is, they all think the draft is going to send the Bills to the SB next year.

Agree and Agree. Chan's play calling has been embarrassing, frustrating and inexplicable.

I doubt I will ever have faith in Chan again. I will be a little quicker to renew my faith in Fitz if he can put a few good games together, but at this point that will have to be next year.

And speaking of next year... in April I will be excited all over again.

He lost me weeks ago when he abandoned the run against the Cowboys, especially when Jackson was tearing it up. Gailey calls games like a little girl, if the bills get behind all he calls are pass plays trying to catch up. Turk Schonert was no better.

Ya know what tho, April comes around and everyone forgets how inept he is, they all think the draft is going to send the Bills to the SB next year.

I'm probably in the minority, but I think the playcalling on both sides of the ball is the #1 contributor to this epic collapse. The Bills got figured out by the Bengals game and Gailey never adjusted the plan. You factor in injuries, and that lack of adjustment multiplies the punishment by ten.

I think the offensive playcalling is putting an awful lot on Fitzpatrick's plate. To run Gailey's offense, yes, you do need a Troy Aikman or Peyton Manning. They are probably the only caliber of QB capable of doing it for an entire season. That's not a defense of Fitzpatrick, but today was another demonstration of Gailey's infatuation with the pass. The defense knows this, so any Bills QB will be throwing into a defensive ripsaw knowing exactly what they are going to see.

Gailey's predictability doomed him in Dallas and at Georgia Tech.

This game is about constant week to week adjustment to what your adversary is throwing at you. The best coaches and assistants in the NFL are brilliant at adjusting to the opposing team. Gailey might be an offensive genius but that genius only goes as far as to the point somebody gets some tape on the team. I'd rather have somebody that adapts better to changing conditions and personnel.

What bothers me is that Gailey won't be fired despite this collapse. The Bills will start off 2012 with a fast start because he'll spend the summer tinkering with the plan and it'll catch teams early on off guard. However, midway through the season, when teams have tape, we'll be ripe for a collapse yet again.

I really don't want to see the Bills with yet another head coach and staff for 2012. However, should the team lose out, Gailey has to go. There has to be accountability.

I like Chan. Coaches don't play. If Steve Johnson would fight for the darn ball...thats not an INT.

Injuries have really set this team back- as we're not good enough to overcome them. I'd be interested to see our record if we had no injuries this year. Kyle Williams and Eric Wood were not on IR, and no injuries to the WR's.

Without quality depth, we're a joke of a team.

The defense finally showed some spirit today in the 2nd half.

Of all the places to point fingers, I don't think Chan is one of them. You still have to give Chan and Buddy 2 more years. They were given a poop and you expect a Super Bowl?

What bothers me is that Gailey won't be fired despite this collapse. The Bills will start off 2012 with a fast start because he'll spend the summer tinkering with the plan and it'll catch teams early on off guard. However, midway through the season, when teams have tape, we'll be ripe for a collapse yet again.

I really don't want to see the Bills with yet another head coach and staff for 2012. However, should the team lose out, Gailey has to go. There has to be accountability.

Or, as another poster pointed out, fire Edwards and elevate Wanny, hire an OC, and let Chan stay on as HC. Ralph can improve the team greatly and also save face.

BTW, you're not in the minority any more.

Edited by JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS

I like Chan overall but in my mounting frustration I have to agree with you. Commit to the run, use the FB, etc. etc. PLEASE mix it up. At least he used a QB sneak on 4th and short (3rd and short?) today, and believe it or not it worked! I thought for SURE we would throw on that play.

It wasn't 3rd down. Here is the 3rd down conversions for Buffalo: 0-11-0%

I'm probably in the minority, but I think the playcalling on both sides of the ball is the #1 contributor to this epic collapse. The Bills got figured out by the Bengals game and Gailey never adjusted the plan. You factor in injuries, and that lack of adjustment multiplies the punishment by ten.

I think the offensive playcalling is putting an awful lot on Fitzpatrick's plate. To run Gailey's offense, yes, you do need a Troy Aikman or Peyton Manning. They are probably the only caliber of QB capable of doing it for an entire season. That's not a defense of Fitzpatrick, but today was another demonstration of Gailey's infatuation with the pass. The defense knows this, so any Bills QB will be throwing into a defensive ripsaw knowing exactly what they are going to see.

Gailey's predictability doomed him in Dallas and at Georgia Tech.

This game is about constant week to week adjustment to what your adversary is throwing at you. The best coaches and assistants in the NFL are brilliant at adjusting to the opposing team. Gailey might be an offensive genius but that genius only goes as far as to the point somebody gets some tape on the team. I'd rather have somebody that adapts better to changing conditions and personnel.

You forget to notice that the Bills have no deep passing game. No threat of going deep. No deep talent. Period.

Without any reason to have to play a deep game, defenses can play more man and stack the box against the run.

I think the rash of injuries to the entire WR corp (really, could any team- even Green Bay- function without its top WR's?) has decimated the timing and rythym that Gailey-led offenses thrive on.

But it would be moronic to give up now. It's too early.

In 3 seasons, if this team is not in the playoffs as a legitimate threat, then it's time to fire Gailey.

I don't think that it would make sense to lose Chan at this point.

IF anything, this points to the poor talent still on this team after the 1st stringers than anything else. 3 more solid drafts like this years, 2-3 more free agent signings (like Scott Chandler), and if we are not in the playoffs as a legitimate contender than I say fire Chan.

So my question...besides OLB/ edge rusher on defense, and not thinking of QB because of Fitz's contract....where do the Bills go in the 2012 draft? Heck, if we end up picking around 10-15, are there any good OLB 's available at that point? Offensive line? WR?

You forget to notice that the Bills have no deep passing game. No threat of going deep. No deep talent. Period.

Without any reason to have to play a deep game, defenses can play more man and stack the box against the run.

I think the rash of injuries to the entire WR corp (really, could any team- even Green Bay- function without its top WR's?) has decimated the timing and rythym that Gailey-led offenses thrive on.

But it would be moronic to give up now. It's too early.

In 3 seasons, if this team is not in the playoffs as a legitimate threat, then it's time to fire Gailey.

Fitz is not capable of throwing a deep ball accurately. He has no touch. It was obvious in todays game. Unfortunately we will never win with Fitz as QB. Defenses really only have too cover the short and underneath stuff.

Don't forget Pears and Fitz. Good thing we locked them in for years to come.

Pears had his worst game of the season, ironically after he signed that extension. FItzpatrick has been awful since his deal was dry as well. It's moves like this which tell me either Overdorf is deciding who'll get extensions, or Nix's pro personnel acumen is all talk. After all, Nix is an expert in pro and amateur personnel, so it stands to reason he wouldn't sign players who aren't very good. :devil:

Another fallacy perpetuated on TBD is the idea that David Nelson in the slot is very similar to a good pass catching TE. Right. The Bills have invested exactly 0 1st-3rd round picks on the TE position and haven't featured it in their offense in years. While the rest of the NFL is drafting excellent TE's (see the 2010 class) the Bills are telling everyone they don't need to. And while I'd yield they have bigger needs, this has been the case for years.

Whether it's Gailey's coaching or Nix's team building philosophy, neither adapt nor change when it's clear they aren't working.

I've been thinking the same thing. Unlike other's who have replied, I think the injury thing is crap. Our O is the most hurt, and they still aren't giving up sacks and are still opening holes for the running game. It's not the injuries preventing us from scoring, it's our coaching, Fitz, and WR's.

However, I think Chan gets another year because they don't have any other options. No one wanted the job last time. Cowher, Fisher, Gruden...no big name coach would touch this job. Nix knows what it's like trying to get players and coaches to come here.

I think he'll use the injury excuse, but that's only from lack of options

I totally agree. I'd rather stick with Chan if the options aren't one of the top tier coaches. Of course this can be predetermined by contacting these coaches agents. My assumption will be that if Chan is here next year, it wasn't possible to land one of the big names, and I would agree with that decision. The only other scenario that seems realistic is if Ralph were to pass (which I do not believe in hoping for this), I would think the new ownership would clean house.

Chan is a great offensive mind who is missing superior talent.

He is a terrible play call, he stays in the shotgun 90% of the time & passes 95% of the time, he runs dink & dunk play that a high school defence could read, he doesn't understand down & distance so I don't see the " great offensive mind " I see a guy who doesn't know how to use the talent he has

I'm starting to think Gailey came up with this plan for the offense in the offseason, implemented it during the first half of the year with very good results, and became so enamored with his plan, his playbook, his belief that he knows what the answer is on offense, all to such an extent that when things started falling apart, instead of realizing that his scheme had been found out, that it is easily countered - as evidenced by every team shutting us down, more or less, he blames the failure on injuries and bad play.

Face the truth - this offense, the way it is apparently designed, cannot function with Fitz as the QB - at least, not at the level we need to be a contender. Fitz's limitations create more problems for us than he is worth. If Gailey scrapped his gameplan and went to a power running game, letting that set up the pass, and keeping our defense off the field, we might win more games - but, such a simple answer that any laymen football fan sees is too simple for Gailey.

I am really worried they tie next year to Fitzpatrick. Especially given Gailey's obvious failure to adapt when things go wrong. Because, there will come a time when teams figure us out - and Gailey has to change it up. I mean, unless they were trying to lose, I have some serious doubts about Gailey and his ability to adapt.

And, I would really like Nix to come out and just be honest, instead of giving the fans the same bag of sh-- we've been getting forever around here. What is the limitation with this team?