Merriman ?

T master

Now that Merriman is out for the rest of this year do you think we should bring him back & try to get something out of him for the money we've already paid him or do you think we should just cut our losses and let him go so we can concentrate on bringing in some younger talent ??

I for one think while he was here the D played better even if he wasn't 100% . D coordinators still had to account for him , & in the preseason he looked like he was going to be his old self in the Chicago game . (wouldn't that have been great)

But with him now having the operation on his heel I would at least let take the field in OTA's and see if he is close to his old self , because if he could be 1/2 of what he was in the chicago game each game that would be pretty darn good .

Any way maybe i'm just dreaming but with the need we have for a good pass rusher & Merriman still being in his 20's i think he deserves one more chance before we let him walk !!

What do you think Bills fans ?? :thumbdown: or :thumbsup: ?????

I seriously want to see him get another chance. I haven't had enough yet. He was injured his first year here, and he aggravated the same injury this year because it wasn't properly taken care of. I'd really like to see if a healthy Merriman could come back and be good. Hey, Spikes did it, right? And, although Spikes is a great player, and a MLB (not OLB), Merriman in his youth was even better at his position.

Edited by BringBackFlutie

This is a great time to talk about how expectations affect treatment of players. Merriman as a washed up former first rounder is comparable to Maybin. However, because Maybin was drafted high here he was released due to the unrealized expectation. Merriman has less expectation attached to his name but has a similar amount of individual production. I am not stoked to keep Merriman here and would love a different LB but that is a question for free agency. I give Merriman a tentative vote of confidence but hopefully he is second string next year behind the next Lawrence Taylor. I'll thumbs up to that :thumbsup: !

merriman was a probowler. maybin is a never was. you cant even compare the 2. merriman is still under contract and still quite young(26 or 27) i think. he will be in camp next season and they move from there. cutting him makes no sense right now

I think we should draft a player that looks like Merriman and give him jersey #56 and the black visor he uses and tattoo the same tattoos that merriman has and make him come out the tunnel and never take his helmet off and even if he doesn't play good the other team will use a double team on him thinking it's really merriman which will free up Dareus and Kyle williams to get to the QB...