Andy Dalton

1. I hate his nickname. Red Rifle

2. He throws a lot of ints. Overall record 9 tds and 7 ints. Almost 50/50

3. They praise him AS IF he won the superbowl 7 times already. Even on Nfl network someone (vic carucci..i think), said it was the #1 rookie qb/wr combo EVER??????? Really?????????????????????????????????????????????

If it was not for the great cinci defense, they would not have a winning record.

Give me a break.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, i hardly hear much praise of Dalton...especially when you compare it to Cam Newton. Dalton is a good story...but i do hope Cinci gets it handed to them when they play Pitt and/or Balt. I just don't need Cinci competing with us for a playoff spot.

Meh. The AFC North hasn't really started yet. We've played more division games than they have I think.

We'll see what Dalton does, and where cincy is a month from now, but until then, I agree it's way too early to be talking in terms of all-time anything.

3. They praise him AS IF he won the superbowl 7 times already. Even on Nfl network someone (vic carucci..i think), said it was the #1 rookie qb/wr combo EVER??????? Really?????????????????????????????????????????????

If it was not for the great cinci defense, they would not have a winning record.

Give me a break.

I'm having trouble thinking of any rookie QB/WR combo of significance, who do you claim is better?

Edited by Carey Bender

Like zow2 said - lose to Pitt & Balt - we don't need them competeing for a playoff spot this year!

That's crazy logic. You'd rather compete with Pitt & Baltimore for a playoff spot than Cincy and Pitt or Baltimore?

You people should be wishing for Cincy to win out.

I'm having trouble thinking of any rookie QB/WR combo of significance, who do you claim is better?

Google yields this:

Run down of rookie qbs and wrs

I was gonna say Zorn and Largent...but I had no idea if they were both rookies together. If that is true Dalton/Green have a loooooong way to go to be called greater than those 2.

Edit: unless you are willing to put Green in the HOF right friggin now. :D

Edited by OCinBuffalo

1. I hate his nickname. Red Rifle

2. He throws a lot of ints. Overall record 9 tds and 7 ints. Almost 50/50

Give me a break.

Wow, are you bound up and can't take a crap or something? He is playing really well for a rookie on a team that's biggest weapon on offense is another rookie, and the team was expected by some to go 0-14. Dalton has a chance to be an elite QB, but it doesn't happen in a half a season. If that gets you that upset, you have issues.

Wow, are you bound up and can't take a crap or something? He is playing really well for a rookie on a team that's biggest weapon on offense is another rookie, and the team was expected by some to go 0-14. Dalton has a chance to be an elite QB, but it doesn't happen in a half a season. If that gets you that upset, you have issues.

More like...WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the media is talking up somebody other than the Bills. There are other good stories in the NFL this year other than the Bills.

Dalton so far is the best of the rookie QBs. You could argue Newton is great but the Bengals are winning more. Plus Dalton was not on the A-list of QBs in the last draft.

PTR

#3 above is a ridiculous claim to make 7 games into the season.

That I can agree with.

Saying Dalton is massively annoying because of it? Well, I suppose I can only attempt to explain that one: "bitching on this board" withdrawal.

We simply aren't used to having this little to complain about. :D So, some of us are reaching to get our fix. Believe me, there are much worse cases than this one on this board.