Andy Dalton

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's crazy logic. You'd rather compete with Pitt & Baltimore for a playoff spot than Cincy and Pitt or Baltimore?

You people should be wishing for Cincy to win out.

I've conceded that division to Pitt or Balt. Ideally whoever is poised to win that division I want them to win out. I just don't want to compete w/ Cinci for a wild card since they beat us head to head. Let's just have the Bills win the AFC East and forget about all the other scenarios!

Google yields this:

Run down of rookie qbs and wrs

I was gonna say Zorn and Largent...but I had no idea if they were both rookies together. If that is true Dalton/Green have a loooooong way to go to be called greater than those 2.

Edit: unless you are willing to put Green in the HOF right friggin now. :D

Or unless you count when they were rookies. Largent was pretty good with 54 grabs, 750 or so yards and 4 TDs, Zorn was pitiful. The Seahawks were 2-12, Zorn had a 47% completion average 12 TDs and 27 INTS and a 49.5 rating.

Google yields this:

Run down of rookie qbs and wrs

I was gonna say Zorn and Largent...but I had no idea if they were both rookies together. If that is true Dalton/Green have a loooooong way to go to be called greater than those 2.

Edit: unless you are willing to put Green in the HOF right friggin now. :D

Their careers and HOF status weren't made by their rookie seasons. The comment was that they were the best rookie combo ever; that has nothing to do with how good they will be together next year and throughout their careers.

I don't have any idea if Zorn and Largent were better than Dalton/Green in their rookie seasons, but that's the case to make an argument for, not "are Dalton/Green, after 7 games, better than Zorn/Largent ever were?"

Or unless you count when they were rookies. Largent was pretty good with 54 grabs, 750 or so yards and 4 TDs, Zorn was pitiful. The Seahawks were 2-12, Zorn had a 47% completion average 12 TDs and 27 INTS and a 49.5 rating.

Their careers and HOF status weren't made by their rookie seasons. The comment was that they were the best rookie combo ever; that has nothing to do with how good they will be together next year and throughout their careers.

I don't have any idea if Zorn and Largent were better than Dalton/Green in their rookie seasons, but that's the case to make an argument for, not "are Dalton/Green, after 7 games, better than Zorn/Largent ever were?"

Much depends on your interpretation of "greatest of all time", and "times", as in whether you consider the 50s = to today. I don't know how whoever said this meant it. If it's the way you guys are saying, then yeah, they just might be the greatest of all time.

But, be careful: there are some senior citizens :D here who will tell you that Otto Grahm was a monster, and perhaps the best QB ever, etc. They will start hauling out stats that are ridiculous. I know, they did it to me once. :P The article says Grahmn led the league in TDs his rookie year. Dalton isn't going to do that this year, is he?

I'm having trouble thinking of any rookie QB/WR combo of significance, who do you claim is better?

Exactly,... they're giving credit to the combo of rookies. I can't even name another combination of note.

They did beat us though, not sure if that would have happened if we went after QBs like we did against Eagles and Redskins. Why didn't we do that to rookie by the way??? Still has me puzzled...

1. I hate his nickname. Red Rifle

2. He throws a lot of ints. Overall record 9 tds and 7 ints. Almost 50/50

3. They praise him AS IF he won the superbowl 7 times already. Even on Nfl network someone (vic carucci..i think), said it was the #1 rookie qb/wr combo EVER??????? Really?????????????????????????????????????????????

If it was not for the great cinci defense, they would not have a winning record.

Give me a break.

Dalton is playing really well for a rookie QB

do you disagree with the thinking that they are the best rookie QB/WR combo ever? who was better?

i cant think of another combo but these guys are pretty good together

not that Im unhappy with Dareus bc I really like him or Fitz obviously but the Bills could have had both Green and Dalton, just saying

Edited by Max997

Dalton so far is the best of the rookie QBs. You could argue Newton is great but the Bengals are winning more. Plus Dalton was not on the A-list of QBs in the last draft.

PTR

No, he's really not. He's having a nice little season right now, but Newton is Carolina offense. He's already got almost 2400 yards (8.3 per) behind a sieve of an O-line and he's scored 18 TDs--7 rushing. All this for a guy mnay here were certain could not read NL defenses.

He's doing all he can to win games for that awful team. Dalton is keeping his team in games.

Cincy is the most dangerous team out there. I say that because they show continuous improvement on a week to week basis. Defenssively they're stout. Offensively the Dalton-Green combo produces points, and BIG yardage. Someone needs to tell those two that they're rookies, because the seem to not know, -or not care. Kudos to Cincy. I'd hate to have to meet them in a playoff situation.

More like...WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the media is talking up somebody other than the Bills. There are other good stories in the NFL this year other than the Bills.

Well...

It was the halftime of the game vs Bills that turned the light on for Dalton. So it is Bills related.

1. I hate his nickname. Red Rifle

2. He throws a lot of ints. Overall record 9 tds and 7 ints. Almost 50/50

3. They praise him AS IF he won the superbowl 7 times already. Even on Nfl network someone (vic carucci..i think), said it was the #1 rookie qb/wr combo EVER??????? Really?????????????????????????????????????????????

If it was not for the great cinci defense, they would not have a winning record.

Give me a break.

He played a great game against us and came from behind to lead his team to a win.

He should get praise, he really is a good looking rookie QB. Pretty much all rookie QBs throw interceptions but he makes big plays when they need them.

No, he's really not. He's having a nice little season right now, but Newton is Carolina offense. He's already got almost 2400 yards (8.3 per) behind a sieve of an O-line and he's scored 18 TDs--7 rushing. All this for a guy mnay here were certain could not read NL defenses.

He's doing all he can to win games for that awful team. Dalton is keeping his team in games.

I agree with this. Dalton is good but, Newton at this point is much better than Dalton. Just because Cinci has more wins than Carolina, doesn't mean Dalton is better. If Carolina had Cinci's defense, the Panthers would be unbelievable right now. Not as good as Green Bay, but at least as good as Detroit.