KC / SD Monday Nighter

saundena

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the OP's question.....we beat them because we a better team.

Exactly. Gailey outcoached Haley, the Bills got up early because they cashed all their opportunities where SD botched them last night, they stuffed the Cheif's running game, and when you force Cassell into passing to catch up, they are simply dead. Neither San Diego or Kansas City are impressive teams to me. People here have written off the SD road game, but I think the Bills win that game.

Is or is not San Diego the worst coached team in the NFL? How'd you like Norv Turner coaching up your team?

Norv Turner has absolutely ruined what could have been a dynasty in San Diego over the past 4-5 years.

We had two let-down games against teams that are both 5-2. We are a very sound team right now. Why nobody understands this is beyond me.

My feelings, as well, BBF.

Therefore, nicely put. :D

Norv Turner has absolutely ruined what could have been a dynasty in San Diego over the past 4-5 years.

^^ eball, I am in your camp as well. Sooooo many apologists for Turner and I just don't get it.

For years this was a super talented team that just doesn't play really well.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

We had two let-down games against teams that are both 5-2. We are a very sound team right now. Why nobody understands this is beyond me.

Exactly. We have beat a 4-3 KC team, a 4-3 Oakland team, a 5-2 Patriots team, a 3-4 Philly team(that is clearly a better team then there record) & a 3-4 Washington team. We have lost to 2 5-2 teams in the Giants & Cincy. We have not had a soft give me game on our schedule yet but we are still 5-2. This team is not doing it with smoke & mirrors. It is time Bills nation stops thinking the worse & just enjoy the ride. We finally have a competitive team that can play with anybody.

The Schottenheimer coached SD team was pretty darn good. Seemed like a knee jerk reaction to fire him after an early exit in playoffs.

Obviously, prissy, they got rid of Schottzy because he couldn't win the big one, whereas Norv Tuner in Washington was a coach that...oh wait. :doh:

Yeah, big knee jerk reaction.

Does Marty win the Super Bowl if he is still there? Probably not. However, they are 10 plus wins every single season no matter what if he did stay.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I still don't consider the losses to the Bengals or the Giants, let-down games.

I view it as playing against two very good teams and having to play them in their stadium.

The Giants game was lost on the woefully under thrown ball to Stevie around the Giants 4 yard line with 4 minutes to go. Right call, disastrous throw. The Bengals dominated the second half. Our offense sucked as well as our defense. Both were close games that the bills let get away.

Yet we also won twice in a row after being down by 18 so ........

If they can't convert in key situations, you have to ask how talented are they really?

PTR

Seriously? Sports are littered with super-talented players who can't perform in the clutch or struggle in the big/pressure moment. A-Rod, LeBron, and the 1990-1993 Buffalo Bills spring to mind...

Seriously? Sports are littered with super-talented players who can't perform in the clutch or struggle in the big/pressure moment. A-Rod, LeBron, and the 1990-1993 Buffalo Bills spring to mind...

A-Rod was utterly dominant in the 2009 postseason. In 15 games, he had a .365 BA / .500 OBP / .846 SLG / 1.346 OPS, 6 HRs, 18 RBIs, and 15 runs. His lifetime postseason stats are .277 BA, .386 OBP, .498 slugging percentage, and .884 OPS.

He hasn't performed well every year in the postseason, but the overall stats belie your claim ...

A-Rod was utterly dominant in the 2009 postseason. In 15 games, he had a .365 BA / .500 OBP / .846 SLG / 1.346 OPS, 6 HRs, 18 RBIs, and 15 runs. His lifetime postseason stats are .277 BA, .386 OBP, .498 slugging percentage, and .884 OPS.

He hasn't performed well every year in the postseason, but the overall stats belie your claim ...

A Rod finally had a great postseason then...

But its hard to take a guy who was on Roids for all his big number years that seriously.

Had to get your tweezers out for that one, didn't you? A .277 average and a sub-.500 SLG for a future HOF player isn't exactly fodder for the marquis. Can't deny he's been the goat many a series in the postseason, though. Even a Yankees fan would have to admit that. But, you are right. He had a few very good postseason series. That's kind of getting away from the point of my statement though...

Is or is not San Diego the worst coached team in the NFL? How'd you like Norv Turner coaching up your team?

Yes,but last night can't be blamed on Norv. That game falls in the hands of Rivers. I've always been a big fan of the guy but he choked plain and simple.

Had to get your tweezers out for that one, didn't you? A .277 average and a sub-.500 SLG for a future HOF player isn't exactly fodder for the marquis. Can't deny he's been the goat many a series in the postseason, though. Even a Yankees fan would have to admit that. But, you are right. He had a few very good postseason series. That's kind of getting away from the point of my statement though...

There's no denying that he's had some bad series, but a .498 slg pct is damn good against playoff-level pitching. Averages tend to decline in the postseason because of the quality of the pitching and the weather. Also, i focus more on the very good .386 OBP than the solid .277 BA. The point is to not make outs, after all ...

By way of comparison, Jeter's lifetime postseason numbers are .307 BA, .374 OBP, .465 SLG, and .839 OPS. A-Rod's OPS is .45 pts better, and that's not insignificant. Christ, Mickey Mantle, one of the greatest postseason players of all time, had a line of .257 / .374 / .535 / .908.

Edited by dave mcbride