KC / SD Monday Nighter

saundena

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had two let-down games against teams that are both 5-2. We are a very sound team right now. Why nobody understands this is beyond me.

I still don't consider the losses to the Bengals or the Giants, let-down games.

I view it as playing against two very good teams and having to play them in their stadium.

The Chiefs turned it around. I bet if we played them again, the score wouldn't be the same. The same with the Eagles, something clicked with them. Remember last year? We started 0-8 and finished 4-4? Sometimes things change throughout the season, adjustments are made, players gel, whatever. KC and Philly are getting better after slow starts, it appears. Hopefully we won't go the opposite direction like some teams have already started doing (the Redskins, for example).

I don't disagree that teams trend up and down during the season. It is after all, a 17-week voyage.

But I agree more with Sage.

There's a tendency here for people to discount our victories and amplify our losses.

Kansas City was the defending AFC West Champions and had Jamaal Charles and their full lineup when we beat them. They were 7-1 last year at Arrowhead. And yet we whupped their butts. In Arrowhead.

Philly has a star-studded lineup, were leading the NFL in sacks, and boasted an offensive arsenal of Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, Avant, and Celek.

Yet we beat them too.

And it's not only some of our fans that are giving the Bills short shrift. The national media has played this game with our team also.

As a close NFL observer and someone who lives outside of WNY, I'm seeing/hearing that there's more talk out there that the Redskins have tanked their season than there is that the Bills are continuing to play well.

I don't disagree that teams trend up and down during the season. It is after all, a 17-week voyage.

But I agree more with Sage.

There's a tendency here for people to discount our victories and amplify our losses.

Kansas City was the defending AFC West Champions and had Jamaal Charles and their full lineup when we beat them. They were 7-1 last year at Arrowhead. And yet we whupped their butts. In Arrowhead.

Philly has a star-studded lineup, were leading the NFL in sacks, and boasted an offensive arsenal of Vick, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, Avant, and Celek.

Yet we beat them too.

And it's not only some of our fans that are giving the Bills short shrift. The national media has played this game with our team also.

As a close NFL observer and someone who lives outside of WNY, I'm seeing/hearing that there's more talk out there that the Redskins have tanked their season than there is that the Bills are continuing to play well.

I listen to Cowherd all the time say "team x [Dallas] has a easy schedule! They play Buffalo!" Huh?

When do WE play an easy team? Miami will be our 1st game against a weak team. Every team that we've played (except Philly) has a winning record as of today........and we are 5 & 2 Baby. And fwiw, Philly will win the NFC East IMO.

When do WE play an easy team? Miami will be our 1st game against a weak team. Every team that we've played (except Philly) has a winning record as of today........and we are 5 & 2 Baby. And fwiw, Philly will win the NFC East IMO.

Apparently we ARE a easy team, and just collect road kill. Team x had issues that day, of course they lost to the Bills, but look at em go now!

Yep.

Philly could easily win the NFC East and Kansas City could easily win the AFC West… but the Bills get no credit for those victories because those teams simply weren't playing well when they played the Bills…

Frankly, I hope the prevailing attitude of the national media commentators continues and believe it probably will.

They continually view the present through the lens of the past and do not do research to provide them with any support for their beliefs.

All they know is that we were 4 - 12 last year and they've overlooked the fact that we're 9-6 since the midway mark of last season.

Chan's Bills are a new breed of Bills.

I think for a lot of people, it's a conditioned response where anything good that happens for the Bills must be a fluke. Some folks are just so paranoid about a potential collapse that they can't be objective. They can't imagine any other scenario than losing to the Jets next week, which starts the slippery slope toward missing the playoffs once again.

Here are the facts:

1. The Bills are 5-2.

2. The two losses have been by an average of 3.0 points against teams with a combined 10-4 record.

3. The five wins have been by an average of 14.0 points against teams with a combined 18-16 record.

4. The Bills are 6th in the NFL with a +64 points differential.

5. The Bills have allowed an NFL-low 8 sacks.

6. The Bills have intercepted an NFL-high 14 passes.

7. The Bills are 4th in the NFL with 5.0 yards per rush attempt.

Objectively, what part of this seems like a fluke?

The whole thing. Two months ago, 95% of Bills fans rightfully thought we were going to be horrible....It really doesn't compute that the O-line is playing anywhere near what it's playing, that we are doing it with almost all undrafted or low drafted players, that we're doing it while giving up the 2nd most yardage in the league (last week's stat - we're probbably not that anymore), that a team goes from 4 sacks in 6 games to 9 sacks in one game, and on and on.

None of it makes sense, but I love it, and hope it continues.

The Bils are too legit to quit. (I hope I didn't break any copy right issues)

Whats that mean?

My guess is this - There are Buffalo Wild Wing commercials where a guy at the power station kills power to a section of town all except BWW so that people can watch football.