Chris Collins on stadium improvements

Chris Collins has stated that any repairs and upgrades to the Ralph would have to be paid for by the state. I am wondering if anyone has asked Mr Collins what his plans are if the state can't or won't pay for this? This is a question we need him to answer. He has also stated in the past that the Bils should be the ones contacting the county in regards to lease negotiations. Why isn't he taking a proactive position with the Bills and the lease? I think if Mr Collins is re-elected , we have a better chance to lose the Bills than if Poloncarz wins. Collins has shown an arrogant attitude when it comes to making budget decisions.It's his way or the highway. I don't see his attitute as being conducive to keeping the Bills here.

Edited by first_and_ten

Agreed - and to think I used to like Collins, at least 'til I read this...

"I'm not gonna deny it, I walk around with hundred dollar bills hanging out of my pocket...I like girls that aren't too bright because you can trick 'em a little bit...high school girls love me. Fourteen to eighteen, I'm a big star with them. As soon as they mature, after they turn 18 years old, they start to figure it out."

(Link - Chris Collins Likes His Ladies Very Young and Extremely Stupid)

WTF does he know about the stadium situation in Erie County, anyway?

post-2970-022692500 1319547690_thumb.jpg

You guys understand its Collins not collinsworth right?? We are talking about the politician not the broadcaster... Did either of you even read any of this ?

The politician that also played wide receiver for the Bengals, right?

You guys understand its Collins not collinsworth right?? We are talking about the politician not the broadcaster... Did either of you even read any of this ?

:unsure:

I didn't realize Cris Collinsworth was running for County Executive - or anything, really - but now that you mention it, this does seem an awful lot like 'damage control'...

"As a family man I am extremely embarrassed by an interview I did when I was in my early twenties about dating. My comments were insulting, immature, and foolishly intended as a joke. They do not reflect how I lived my life then or now.

I was asked to do something humorous about dating, and it has been a major embarrassment to me since the day I said it. I apologize to anyone who has ever had the misfortune to see it now or a quarter-century ago."

(link)

Well he can say what all wants about our stadium, or dating young girls - the pictures, however, don't lie...

post-2970-047152200 1319550270_thumb.jpeg

Chris Collins has stated that any repairs and upgrades to the Ralph would have to be paid for by the state. I am wondering if anyone has asked Mr Collins what his plans are if the state can't or won't pay for this? This is a question we need him to answer. He has also stated in the past that the Bils should be the ones contacting the county in regards to lease negotiations. Why isn't he taking a proactive position with the Bills and the lease? I think if Mr Collins is re-elected , we have a better chance to lose the Bills than if Poloncarz wins. Collins has shown an arrogant attitude when it comes to making budget decisions.It's his way or the highway. I don't see his attitute as being conducive to keeping the Bills here.

OK to get back on track here, I hope you don't vote. Collins rocks! He is all about change, not pandering to all the special interests with their hands out. Colins is cost reduction driven, which can only help our tax situation. You don't negotiate in public, and he is working with the Bills, stadium upgrade list first, then roll that into the lease. NYS is a lot bigger than Erie County, where would EC get the money from? And from a County aspect, and as a highly taxed Bills fan, what has the state ever done for me? The state SHOULD kick in the money.

Poloncarz is a F***king joke who will say and promise anything for election. And all of it is in direct conflict with each other. Poloncarz...... :sick:

You are all referring to Todd Collinsworth.

Although most people dont remember-He was The Heir apparent to Jim Kelly and palyed QB for Buffalo a bunch of years ago.

I thought he was bagging groceries at Wegmans, but it turns out he was still playing ball for Chicago somehow last season.

He still sucked.

Anyways-Yes he's back in Buffalo now and he is running for Mayor or County something or another-we shoud all support him.

Collins is a business man and is looking at it from a business perspective.

1. NY taxpayers are already paying for other stadiums with taxes.

2. Does anyone think Erie County alone can pay for the repairs and renovations?

3. If it is a regional franchise, why place the burden on one county?

All business negotiations have to start somewhere, usually with each side as polar opposites. In the end they both give enough to reach a deal acceptable to each side. His statement brings the Bills, the County, and the State into the negotiations. He KNOWS it is in the best interests of the region and state that the Bills stay where they are. He has no motive to play tough guy and drive them away! He has to have a spine, though.

You are all referring to Todd Collinsworth.

Although most people dont remember-He was The Heir apparent to Jim Kelly and palyed QB for Buffalo a bunch of years ago.

I thought he was bagging groceries at Wegmans, but it turns out he was still playing ball for Chicago somehow last season.

He still sucked.

Anyways-Yes he's back in Buffalo now and he is running for Mayor or County something or another-we shoud all support him.

Todd's a deadbeat - he refused to pay his Coors Light tab...

This is from 2008, but is an interesting slant to the topic:

"Collins said that he has passed word to the Buffalo Bills that he is open to negotiating an extension for their lease to use the county-owned Ralph Wilson Stadium beyond the 2012 season but that the team is not yet ready to do so."

collins personal political page

On 10/01 this was anounced:

"Collins’ proposed 2012 Budget boosts the Road Fund to nearly $14 million, which has seen an increase of $7.6 million since the County Executive took office. The 2012 Budget also includes the County’s Six-Year Capital Plan totaling nearly $429 million. As in the past, the plan includes critical road and bridge repair, and reconstruction projects throughout Erie County. It also marks the beginning of a multi-year program to replace the County’s large vehicle fleet. This proposal contains over $2.2 million for improvements to our countywide park system, including funds for shelter upgrades, road and pathway repairs, and updated drainage systems at the two county-run golf courses. Improvements will be made to the security system at the Sheriff’s Headquarters in Orchard Park, and the Erie County Morgue and Toxicology Buildings. The County also will continue to honor its responsibilities to Erie Community College, Visit Buffalo Niagara, as well as upgrades to Ralph Wilson Stadium."

Edited by Rockpile

Seriously? I love the bills but its not the taxpayers responsibility to fiscally support a billion dollar industry that is making money. simple things like leaving the stadium named after our owner and refusing to sell the stadiums naming rights for millions but then ol Ralph looks to the county for handouts to support him.

If you think poloncarz is a bills savior I seriously hope you don't have the motivation to vote

OK to get back on track here, I hope you don't vote. Collins rocks! He is all about change, not pandering to all the special interests with their hands out. Colins is cost reduction driven, which can only help our tax situation. You don't negotiate in public, and he is working with the Bills, stadium upgrade list first, then roll that into the lease. NYS is a lot bigger than Erie County, where would EC get the money from? And from a County aspect, and as a highly taxed Bills fan, what has the state ever done for me? The state SHOULD kick in the money.

Poloncarz is a F***king joke who will say and promise anything for election. And all of it is in direct conflict with each other. Poloncarz...... :sick:

Collins is a business man and is looking at it from a business perspective.

1. NY taxpayers are already paying for other stadiums with taxes.

2. Does anyone think Erie County alone can pay for the repairs and renovations?

3. If it is a regional franchise, why place the burden on one county?

All business negotiations have to start somewhere, usually with each side as polar opposites. In the end they both give enough to reach a deal acceptable to each side. His statement brings the Bills, the County, and the State into the negotiations. He KNOWS it is in the best interests of the region and state that the Bills stay where they are. He has no motive to play tough guy and drive them away! He has to have a spine, though.

This is from 2008, but is an interesting slant to the topic:

"Collins said that he has passed word to the Buffalo Bills that he is open to negotiating an extension for their lease to use the county-owned Ralph Wilson Stadium beyond the 2012 season but that the team is not yet ready to do so."

collins personal political page

On 10/01 this was anounced:

"Collins’ proposed 2012 Budget boosts the Road Fund to nearly $14 million, which has seen an increase of $7.6 million since the County Executive took office. The 2012 Budget also includes the County’s Six-Year Capital Plan totaling nearly $429 million. As in the past, the plan includes critical road and bridge repair, and reconstruction projects throughout Erie County. It also marks the beginning of a multi-year program to replace the County’s large vehicle fleet. This proposal contains over $2.2 million for improvements to our countywide park system, including funds for shelter upgrades, road and pathway repairs, and updated drainage systems at the two county-run golf courses. Improvements will be made to the security system at the Sheriff’s Headquarters in Orchard Park, and the Erie County Morgue and Toxicology Buildings. The County also will continue to honor its responsibilities to Erie Community College, Visit Buffalo Niagara, as well as upgrades to Ralph Wilson Stadium."

Seriously? I love the bills but its not the taxpayers responsibility to fiscally support a billion dollar industry that is making money. simple things like leaving the stadium named after our owner and refusing to sell the stadiums naming rights for millions but then ol Ralph looks to the county for handouts to support him.

If you think poloncarz is a bills savior I seriously hope you don't have the motivation to vote

So all of you are saying you are undecided on your vote for Erie County Executive? :devil:

I will be voting for Chris Collins.

Is that Phil Collins?

Only if he rides like the wind.

So all of you are saying you are undecided on your vote for Erie County Executive? :devil:

I live in Monroe County, so no...

I like the fact that his philosophy is to run government like a business.

Don't have the money? Don't buy it!

Edited by Rockpile

I've said it before...these guys buy and sell franchises for close to a billion dollars but are unable to support the building they play in. It boggles my mind that governments still fall for their antics. The Florida Marlins example is one of the more obnoxious ones.

I think you have to differentiate between which government agency we're talking about.

It's a different discussion IMO (for tax purposes mostly) whether we're talking about a city, town, or county subsidy as opposed to a state subsidy.

I think it clearly benefits the state to make improvements to a facility in order to keep a team within that state.

If we round down and just say the Bills payroll is $100 million per year, that alone is roughly $10 million per year to New York State.

That's just in player income tax alone.

In truth, the state probably recoups its $100 million investment in 4-5 years.

Considering how much money the state pisses away in other spending, that's a good investment.

And as others have pointed out, what is New York States investment in Citifield (Mets), Yankee Stadium (Yanks), the new arena for the Nets in Brooklyn, the remodel of Madison Square Gardens etc?

$100 million of state money to Erie County is chump change and it secures the Bills near term future as well as being a good investment for the state.

Only if he rides like the wind.

I live in Monroe County, so no...

I like the fact that his philosophy is to run government like a business.

Don't have the money? Don't buy it!

Sorry Rockpile, just being a wise-ass. I do live in Erie County and will be voting for Collins.