Injuries piling up for Washington

FluffHead

Lol do you follow the team?

Bell COULD play, Merriman expects to play, Jones is not a KEY player.

Only Williams is valid. They are without their starting RB, by far best WR, and maybe heart and soul of the defense.

Good morning, dipsh!t. Yes, I do follow the team. I've actually been talking about the Bills here 8 years before you have.

Bell still hasn't been cleared to practice, as of Friday. At this point if he does play, it will likely be only as an emergency backup.

I don't care what Merriman tells the media. Gailey wasn't as optimistic about him playing. Who is, really?

Jones is a key player. He is the lone deep threat WR on the team now that Evans and Parrish are gone. Spiller is an ok substitute, but he hasn't had nearly enough time to develop WR instincts.

Show a little more respect for your fellow Bills fans in your future postings.

Redskins are probably thinking the same thing about us. We'll be playing without 4 key starters (Bell, Jones, KW, Merriman) next Sunday.

Bell and Merriman have been officially ruled out? That's news to me.

Bills v. Skins in Toronto at 4 pm could be the most forgettable game of our lifetime.

I just want to get out with a W. By the next week, we'll have no memory of the game, let alone which Redskin starters were out...

Exactly, the real season starts with conference/division games on NOV 6 against the Jets. Wanna make the playoffs, forget the Redskins, beat the Jets.

Yeah well, the Giants had a ton of injuries too and we still lost to those guys. I'm from the DC area, and even the Skins suck as usual, they can be pretty good on defense. Bottom line is we need our defense to have a dominant outing like against KC in the opener.

I agree. Bills fans who think this won't be a tough game are dreaming. This will be a dogfight. Any NFL team coming off a whooping like the Skins took in Carolina will come out fighting. Their D-line is pretty good and Landry is a beast. I don't care how many injuries these guys have, everyone has injuries. Teams coming off bye weeks are 3-9 so far this year.

It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd is in Toronto Sunday. I believe this will be the first time the Bills have played a game there with a decent record and there is some optimism about the season. Will it be full Sunday, and with loud Bills fans or a generic crowd as it has been in the past?

It should be a close game and having the crowd noise in their favor, like a real home game, could prove to be a deciding factor.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Bills v. Skins in Toronto at 4 pm could be the most forgettable game of our lifetime.

I just want to get out with a W. By the next week, we'll have no memory of the game, let alone which Redskin starters were out...

I beg to differ, the Bills are 4-2 and the difference between 5-2 and 4-3 is gigantic. With the jets coming in the following week, the could jump ahead of Buffalo in the standings. Any game played while the Bills have a winning record is going to be quite memorable for me.

ugh, i forgot this game was at 4...even more reason to hate it

London Fletcher.

Funny how the former Bills braintrust thought he was washed up 5 years ago, yet he is still the heart and soul of another team's defense 5 years later. :oops:

I'll take any TE in the league matched up against London Fletcher. He still makes lots of tackles, but usually they are down field. He doesn't have the speed to cover or penetrate anymore. Tough, physical guy, but way beyond his prime.