Bills Hire Firm for Stadium Facelift

CBD

Bills CEO Russ Brandon says the team has hired a world-leading architectural firm to conduct a thorough study of what improvements are necessary to upgrade the stadium's existing structure and add fan-friendly, revenue-generating enhancements.

Brandon calls the improvements necessary in order keep the stadium competitive with many of the NFL's newer facilities to help ensure the Bills long-term future in western New York. He adds it is premature to determine what the work might cost.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/AP-NewsBreak-Bills-hire-firm-for-stadium-facelift-24752180

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They already have luxury boxes and club seating so put a friggin retractable roof on that thing and use it all year round. (and no, bad weather has done nothing to help the Bills or give them an advantage over tha past decade). I suspect a retractable roof addition would be more than $100M though.

Who's paying?

The Titans have a $2.00 per ticket user fee for stadium improvements. There is $5.9 million in the fund now from 2 years worth of ticket sales. They want to increase it to $3.00 by 2013. They are proposing $25 million in upgrades to the stadium this off season. They want goverment backed bonds, which the user fund will be used to pay off the bonds, to pay for the improvements. So the question is, you know the Bills will be increasing tickets next year, how much of that increase should be used for a "Ralph Wilson Stadium User Fee? $1.00, $2.00, $3.00???

Edited by Hammered a Lot

I like The Ralph, it needs major improvements, but overall, I like the stadium.

If we aren't getting a new one, I am glad they would upgrade the old one. Also, if they spend 50 Mill on upgrades (even the taxpayers) the team should be locked into a long term deal (10 years or more).

Now... on the other hand, if I was a Jets fan living in WNY, I would be PISSSSSSED!

Kansas City just completed a 350 million overhaul of Arrowhead, which I consider the closest stadium to RWS in the league. The upgrade was funded by taxes, so I would expect that the same will be applicable in this case. Recent talk has any upgrade for RWS in the 75-100 million range. I would like to see a poll as to how many would be for or against a tax of this sort.

The Titans have a $2.00 per ticket user fee for stadium improvements. There is $5.9 million in the fund now from 2 years worth of ticket sales. They want to increase it to $3.00 by 2013. They are proposing $25 million in upgrades to the stadium this off season. They want goverment backed bonds, which the user fund will be used to pay off the bonds, to pay for the improvements. So the question is, you know the Bills will be increasing tickets next year, how much of that increase should be used for a "Ralph Wilson Stadium User Fee? $1.00, $2.00, $3.00???

To raise $50M over ten years that's about a $10 surcharge per ticket (give or take). Kind of steep (would add $90 per season ticket) but not unreasonable. It's only fair that those who use the stadium pay the lion's share. The Bills, who no doubt would profit from such improvements, should carry part of the burden as well. There should also be an iron-clad, long-term commitment by the team to stay.

PTR

Who's paying?

Not you.

Still wouldn't be you.

The 3 headed triumverate of Wilson, Littman & Overdorf took the old saying...

"You have to spend money to make money"

and changed it to...

"You have to spend taxpayer money in order to make Ralph NFL owners money!!!!"

Thanks Captain Obvious! :doh: As soon as they sign a new 20 year lease, the talk of stadium improvements using taxpayer money can commence.

Fixed it for you. And with the stadium improvement will likely come the new lease.

I can't see how this is bad news. The Federal state and local governemnents are going to continue to squander our tax money. Why not see some of it go to improve the stadium and keep the Bills in WNY?

Seems like a win-win for anybody who is a fan of the Bills.

I'd pay 3 bucks, then every 3-4 years go up a buck...because of inflation!