I have no problem losing this way

Tough loss. This is Cinci again. We have trouble with physical teams. But we lost two games by 6 points. Refs job us at every turn, but the Bills are in it till the end. Better than being quitters. The season is going to be a tough slog but I think they have the heart to pull it out. Just my feeling.

PTR

Fitz is just human. He threw two horrible passes, and was really shook up after that sack. I give him a 8 out of 10 for a good game.

I wonder why we are keeping Merriman around. He can't play a whole game, you would think he would go IR and get someone on the defense that will fight.

PTR,

Great minds think alike. Still a year away. Getting there. Bill Nation needs to recognize that we are still in the Implementing phase of Chix. All of the pieces are starting to gel. We'll pay Steve and Fred. Stevie longer but regardless' they'll get paid. Fitz isn't worth elite QB money. I love him' dont get me wrong' but as the business knows' hes still a 7th rounder. We need him though. He will take us there.

Sorry I am ranting. Today sucks because we lost and I hate the Gmen

Fitz is just human. He threw two horrible passes, and was really shook up after that sack. I give him a 8 out of 10 for a good game.

I wonder why we are keeping Merriman around. He can't play a whole game, you would think he would go IR and get someone on the defense that will fight.

Pat Williams

Tough loss. This is Cinci again. We have trouble with physical teams. But we lost two games by 6 points. Refs job us at every turn, but the Bills are in it till the end. Better than being quitters. The season is going to be a tough slog but I think they have the heart to pull it out. Just my feeling.

PTR

I agree with everything, except for the part about the refs; I don't think they had any major part to play in the game today. Sure there were a few questionable calls or no-calls, but I don't think they played a part in the final outcome. Which is a nice change.

PTR

Agreed.

Losing 27-24 away against the Giants is a loss I can live with.

PTR

I agree. If anything, I'm concerned with what's going to happen at Left Tackle if Bell and Hairston are hurt for long. Moving Levitre out there weakens us inside.

I feel real good about 4-2, and even the two loses came down to the last minute.

And consider this, I think all except the Chiefs are play-off contenting teams, and we've stood toe-to-toe

Time to rest, get healthy, and get ready to finally win a game in Canada.

The only thing I find even REMOTLEY reddemable about this loss is that we lost to Tom Coughlin, and he;s one of my favorite coaches. Apart from that, I couldnl't be more pissed.

really? Coughlin strikes me as a bafoon. He always seems so confused on the sideline.

I also love his post-game in 1998 when Flutie ran the naked bootleg in to beat the Jags. "Naked? Naked?"

PTR

I agree with you PTR. I'm glad there are many here not hitting the panic button. Time to heal up during the bye and come back hard and rejuvenated.

Seriously? What is wrong with all of you!? I understand that a couple months ago 4-2 seemed like a pipe dream but expectations can change. I don't feel like we got beat by a better team in either of our two losses. I feel more like we literally gave the games away due to some poor game planning, play calling, and execution. Neither of these games should give us the "moral victory" in a loss feeling, we simply blew em. The Bengals and Giants are not elite teams and we should not be "ok" with a loss to either, even if theyre on the road. I understand this is the NFL and we will not win every week but I just don't see how any Bills fan can feel ok after literally handing a game over to the opposition....And yes I am drunk so please forgive the repetitiveness & poor grammar! :rolleyes:

I don't know if Fitz is a franchise QB, but he has had some very good moments this year. That being said, how can he throw two horrible int's(one of which cost the Bills a chance to take the lead in the 4th qtr), yet you give him a 8 out of 10. :blink: :blink:

I don't know if Fitz is a franchise QB, but he has had some very good moments this year. That being said, how can he throw two horrible int's(one of which cost the Bills a chance to take the lead in the 4th qtr), yet you give him a 8 out of 10. :blink: :blink:

Fitz is the kind of player who'll work on his shortcomings. He'll be a better pocket passer in the weeks to come.

He threw a lot more than 2 horrible passes....he just only had to pay the price for two fo them. And that was enough to cost the Bills a win.

To me this is a worse loss than if they had been out-gunned by NE or Oak because they should be been able to beat this Giants team and because they gave the game away in the final minutes when they had the advantage.

I hv a big problem when they lose bc of gaileys play calling

RUN THE BALL MORE

How did that have anything to do with it? Fitz needs to not throw a horrible pass that was underthrown by 5 yards for no reason...there was no pressure in his face, Stevie was well behind the defender, and it was an easy touchdown if the ball was anywhere else...

You can't cry about the play calling when the player was wide open for a TD and the ball wasn't anywhere close to where it should have been...

PTR

So you enjoy bad QB play, zero pressure on the QB and a 4th qtr defense that folds like a tent on final drives? Aim high PTR! :thumbsup:

So you enjoy bad QB play, zero pressure on the QB and a 4th qtr defense that folds like a tent on final drives? Aim high PTR! :thumbsup:

I think he enjoys supporting a team who, after years of being horrid, fights the whole game against decent opponents and so far has a winning record. What do you expect from a team that finished 4-12 last year???

I do have a BIG problem losing this way

Unless our offence is playing like we are playing NE every week, they should always have that crazy drive to pick up first downs and score points..

This loss and cincy loss were half assed play at times

love these Bills though! keep it churnin fitzilla!

I think he enjoys supporting a team who, after years of being horrid, fights the whole game against decent opponents and so far has a winning record. What do you expect from a team that finished 4-12 last year???

So you're happy with a game that they lost that they should have won? What does that have to do with going 4-12 last year?

The difference is that this is a good football team. Last years team was not. Therefore no one should be happy with a loss.

So you're happy with a game that they lost that they should have won? What does that have to do with going 4-12 last year?

The difference is that this is a good football team. Last years team was not. Therefore no one should be happy with a loss.

No I'm not happy they lost a game they should've won. I'm happy that this team is light years better than last year and I think there is a strong possibility that we could make the playoffs this year.

Happy?

PTR

They're a young team. maybe a 9-7 team. not sure they have playoff potential in them, especially with a D giving up over 400 yds a game. But they are developing some character and some consistency. They lost to a team that played better today and was more desperate. They had a chance to win, and didn't make plays. Obviously, Fitz hitting stevie on 1 of those throws and we likely win. But we need a pass rush. Moats is fine, but he is not Elvis Dumervil. Dareus got up the middle a few times, but we really need, gulp, Kelsay back. He does bring a solid rush and was playing great this year. Hopefully he returns soon. I think getting healthy over the bye will be huge. Washington is very, very beatable (plus I live in DC and desperately want to see them lose).

side note - Terrence McGee reminded me today why we kept him over Greer. I still like Greer more, but he played excellent. McKelvin better step up, because Drayton "flag me for PI again" Florence has returned.

No I'm not happy they lost a game they should've won. I'm happy that this team is light years better than last year and I think there is a strong possibility that we could make the playoffs this year.

Happy?

So are you happy losing close or not? Because I think that you are arguing a completely different point than I am.

Let me repeat, this is not last year's team. This is a legit playoff team. Therefore, NO! I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT HAPPY WITH A CLOSE(BAD) LOSS!

I'm quite OK with 4-2 right now, but what I love about our team this year is CHAN IS NOT OK WITH IT AND NEITHER IS FITZ. I still think we are an 8-8 team (maybe 9-7 or even 10-6 with some breaks), but I think next year is the year we can seriously expect playoffs. The reason we are outplaying ourselves this year is Chan expects more sooner and that is a great improvement over the last regime.

Let me repeat, this is not last year's team. This is a legit playoff team. Therefore, NO! I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT HAPPY WITH A CLOSE(BAD) LOSS!

With all due respect, JC… I think that the very question IS whether this is a legit playoff team.

I would tend towards the viewpoint that they are a rebuilding team which happens to be a bit ahead of schedule at the moment.

Over the next 10 weeks we might find out that they end up being behind schedule or maybe right on schedule… or remain a bit ahead of schedule.

I'm far from sure that this is a legit playoff team.

JMO.

I hv a big problem when they lose bc of gaileys play calling

RUN THE BALL MORE

Seems more and more like Kildrive, I mean Gilbride.

Throw and throw and throw no matter what. 4th quarter with ball and driving into Giants terriory with 4 minutes left?

With all due respect, JC… I think that the very question IS whether this is a legit playoff team.

I would tend towards the viewpoint that they are a rebuilding team which happens to be a bit ahead of schedule at the moment.

Over the next 10 weeks we might find out that they end up being behind schedule or maybe right on schedule… or remain a bit ahead of schedule.

I'm far from sure that this is a legit playoff team.

JMO.

The reason that I think that they are a legit playoff team has as much to do with the AFC as it does the Bills themselves. They've beaten some pretty good teams and have not been over-matched once this year. Outside of the Pats and Ravens who else is unequivocally better than the Bills?

So for a team to be as clutch as they've been there is no feeling good about a loss when I thought they were clearly the better team. Plus, I've never been able to understand feeling good about a loss. Ask the team in that locker room if they feel good about a loss.

He threw a lot more than 2 horrible passes....he just only had to pay the price for two fo them. And that was enough to cost the Bills a win.

To me this is a worse loss than if they had been out-gunned by NE or Oak because they should be been able to beat this Giants team and because they gave the game away in the final minutes when they had the advantage.

Some of his horrible passes were caught also, by US.