Moving on to the Giants Game

Max Fischer

Moving on to the Giants, who are difficult to figure out. Terrible one week, resilient the next. Not sure why they have so much trouble running the ball, and for a Coughlin team, they can be very sloppy, undisciplined and susceptible to the big play. Plus, they may have one or two starters on the OL out . . .

Nonetheless, it could be a tough game to win after the Giants bad loss to the Seahawks.

The biggest challenge to me is how will the oline handle the pass rush of the giants. Tuck should be playing this game. I suspect to see a good dose of fred jackson and cj spiller as well as well as a big game from david nelson if we're gonna win. There won't be many opportunities to attack the giants down the field

Moving on to the Giants, who are difficult to figure out. Terrible one week, resilient the next. Not sure why they have so much trouble running the ball, and for a Coughlin team, they can be very sloppy, undisciplined and susceptible to the big play. Plus, they may have one or two starters on the OL out . . .

Nonetheless, it could be a tough game to win after the Giants bad loss to the Seahawks.

I will be at the Giants game, and I am amped...I know what you mean about them...it seems like the Giants have been a Jeckyl and Hyde team ever since Manning has been there...even the year they won the Super Bowl, they played pretty bad more than a time or two...

I will be at the Giants game, and I am amped...I know what you mean about them...it seems like the Giants have been a Jeckyl and Hyde team ever since Manning has been there...even the year they won the Super Bowl, they played pretty bad more than a time or two...

Very true. The only year they weren't sloppy and erratic was the year after they won the SB. They also apparently have no homefield advantage. Somebody told me Seattle turned the ball over twice in the redzone? If so wow, that's an even worse loss than I thought.

I thought we matched up well against the Eagles...however...the Giants, not so much. We'll have problems with their running game and D-Line....and dare I say, if you give Eli time, he can carve us up. I am not saying this is a slam dunk for the Giants, but I do think, unless someone steps up at WR and forces their safety(s) out of the box...things dont look so good for this coming week...Early guess, 27 - 13 Giants.

Edited by Kipers Hair

We'll have problems with their running game

I don't think they have much of a running game especially without Jacobs. Not sure if he's playing or not.

Over 5 games they're averaging 83.8 rushing yards which is 27th is the league. Against Seattle, they averaged 2.8 yards per run.

Edited by NJBuffFan

I feel good about the Giants game.

Looks like Tuck and Jacobs will be out. Baas may be out as well, along with the starting RG Chris Snee. With those three out, Giants had a 2.8ypr.

You can run on Osi. I hope the Bills direct the attack on his side just like Seattle did. That's his big weaknesses as a lineman...he can rush the passer sure, but he can't defend against the run.

You can run on the Giants overall. Seahawks had 145 yards on the ground.

Nonetheless? Really

Giants can pass which obviously the bills have trouble defending but should be able to pick off a pass or two

Bills still young and need a big road win

This scares me. I remember a few years back we played the Arizona Cardinals right after the Jets tore them apart and the Cards then proceeded to whoop us. Teams tend to play better after bad losses like that.

If tuck and Jacobs are out for sure, then we really need to take advantage. We don't have anything that can stop Jacobs. And Fitz would normally be a sitting duck for um... Tuck. Anyways it could be a LONG day if Eli isn't subdued early. And by "sudued", I mean knocked on his azz. -Or Faceplanted. -Or swung in circles to the ground. How about all of the above? This is one of those games that could go either way. Still, If we show up to work like we did last week, We'll be extremely hard to beat.

I'm a little confused by some of the analysis you guys are posting about this game. I'm not saying this game will be easy by any stretch and we may very well lose. But that said, that Giants have not been running the ball well at all, and quite frankly the Bills have defended the run well. As far as Fitz being a sitting duck... that hasn't been the case all season. He's been sacked 3 times I believe all year. Those aspects I'm not all that worried about.

I'm a little confused by some of the analysis you guys are posting about this game. I'm not saying this game will be easy by any stretch and we may very well lose. But that said, that Giants have not been running the ball well at all, and quite frankly the Bills have defended the run well. As far as Fitz being a sitting duck... that hasn't been the case all season. He's been sacked 3 times I believe all year. Those aspects I'm not all that worried about.

I'll talk about this since I posted about it. True Fitz has only been sacked 3 times all year, but I'll use the cincy game as an example. There was numerous times in that game where pressure was felt by fitzpatrick. Anyone who knows anything about football and quarterback's who rely on "timing" know the easiest way to screw that up is pressure. The Giants have arguably some of the best pass rushers in football. To "not be worried" about a rookie playing LT against the Giants dline smh. I'm not saying the Giants will get after Fitz like he's Cutler, but there will not be time for long extended routes in this game. Fitz will have to play his game to perfection. With our only deep threat out for this game, and Harriston starting at LT it's a matchup worth watching

The Bills need to beat a beatable Giant team if they want a chance at the division.

The Pats will probably lose only two more games before the last game Bills vs. Pats. Therefore the Bills need to keep pace and can only "afford" at most three slip-ups till then. I think they lose once to one of the three remaining NFC East games, once to the Jets, and once out of the other games on the schedule (perhaps Chargers?). This will leave the Bills playing the Pats for the division title in the last game of the season (since the Bills win the tiebreaker if they beat them and their records are the same).

So to sum it up, they need to beat a Giant team that looks to be very average. Doesn't matter that it's an away game and the Giants will be playing angry after losing to the Seahawks.

I really really hope we can win this going into the bye week.

That being said, it's a road game against a tough defense, we saw what happened in Cinci... I have no idea, it's a total mystery to me.

Hmm tough defense? The Giants have given up more points that we have...to bad teams...I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Nonetheless? Really

Giants can pass which obviously the bills have trouble defending but should be able to pick off a pass or two

Bills still young and need a big road win

Yes, "Nonetheless." It's a common English term, meaning "however," despite everything to the contrary, etc. You should try it out.

Their DL is good with or without Tuck. What they need to do to combat the pressure is screen passes. Once they get 1 or 2 successful plays with those, the pressure will diminish a little bit. As for the Giants' running game, it's hard to say. Bradshaw & Ware don't exactly scare me from the power running game, but they can be dangerous with the right play calling.

As always, I want to see pressure on the QB. Eli can easily be forced into mistakes, which is what the Bills' defense has been taking advantage of this year.

The Fitz/Gailey O should be able to counter the good pass rush of the Giants, look for a heavy does of screens and other passes which are really more like runs. Eli's turnover woes may lead to another 4 int day. I see the Bills winning.

Im excited for this bills D to go against Eli. I think he is a fundamentally good QB but makes a lot of mistakes. And i am now a BILL-ever in this take away machine defense. I am praying for some big plays on the D.

I hope to see spiller get some more carries this week not bc i am a huge fan but i think Fred would benefit from some rests this week to keep his legs a bit more fresh going into the 4th, where as we saw last week we need him to close a game for us.

The Giants are hot and cold for sure, but with a capable guy like Eli, they are always in the game. Personally , I think they guys might be tired of Tom Coughlin and he may have lost the locker room. I think the Bills need a heavy dose of Fred Jackson a few turnovers, which Eli will likely toss, and then some good stretch plays from our cast of unknown receivers.

Maybe even a special teams punt return.

Hmm tough defense? The Giants have given up more points that we have...to bad teams...I'm not sure what you are referring to.

I haven't seen much of them, the bits I have seen they looked tough, well then, I guess I'm wrong again.

My apologies, good sir. :)

--

Bills are 3 point underdogs and Accuscore predicts us to lose.

We win when we're underdogs, right? :D

Edited by Dorkington

I thought we matched up well against the Eagles...however...the Giants, not so much. We'll have problems with their running game and D-Line....and dare I say, if you give Eli time, he can carve us up. I am not saying this is a slam dunk for the Giants, but I do think, unless someone steps up at WR and forces their safety(s) out of the box...things dont look so good for this coming week...Early guess, 27 - 13 Giants.

:thumbdown: Oh you of little faith. The Giants suck. The Bills will beat them soundly. Fred Jackson will have a field day and Fitz will have another solid day. The Giants will turn the ball over at least three times. Bills 30-13. Go Bills!

Moreover people apparently think Brandon Jacobs is good :unsure:

I'll talk about this since I posted about it. True Fitz has only been sacked 3 times all year, but I'll use the cincy game as an example. There was numerous times in that game where pressure was felt by fitzpatrick. Anyone who knows anything about football and quarterback's who rely on "timing" know the easiest way to screw that up is pressure. The Giants have arguably some of the best pass rushers in football. To "not be worried" about a rookie playing LT against the Giants dline smh. I'm not saying the Giants will get after Fitz like he's Cutler, but there will not be time for long extended routes in this game. Fitz will have to play his game to perfection. With our only deep threat out for this game, and Harriston starting at LT it's a matchup worth watching

+1 Great post and dead on.

Remember this past week Cole was out for Philly too...NE has no pass rush...this OL is improved but IMO far from elite...I expect the pressure on Fitz to be a major issue this Sunday

I'm still waiting for our O-Line to look average, but alas, so far they are anything but average, in fact I believe they're ranked first in the NFL. So, our O-Line against their D-Line we win. Ok, so let's look at the QB position? Manning is prone to the pick, whereas Fitz not so much. I like our QB matchup, as Fitz makes fewer mistakes, that's a win. Ok, running backs? Our running attack is better than theirs, we win here as well. Takeaway's we win. Secondary is solid (Despite what some here are saying) I truly believe that it has been the strategy of our defense this year to pressure the throwing lanes of opposing QB's, yes sacks are great, but let's face it, this defensive scheme seems to be working great for turnovers, so who am I to argue with it? I've watched some film on the Giants, and it appears as though Fewell is giving up 9, 10 yard slant routes all day long. if this trend continues Fitz, Stevie, Rosevelt, CJ, and even Freddy will mop up all day long if they keep giving that up on defense? We're missing the deep threat which mihgt hurt us, and cause Fewell to change things up a bit, but I doubt it. On offense, the Giants appear less creative, in fact really dry. I don't see Gailey having a hard time matching our guys up with what we do well vs, what they do poorly.

I don't see a blow out, and I see a 60 minute game, but if we can get up early, take away their running game, we force Manning into our secondary, and I think that bodes well for our guys, more than theirs.

Bills 24 - Giants 17 ..

Early line has the Giants up 3 points at home which tells me that as far as vegas is concerned, they don't know either.. :)

Tim-

I'm still waiting for our O-Line to look average, but alas, so far they are anything but average, in fact I believe they're ranked first in the NFL. So, our O-Line against their D-Line we win. Ok, so let's look at the QB position? Manning is prone to the pick, whereas Fitz not so much. I like our QB matchup, as Fitz makes fewer mistakes, that's a win. Ok, running backs? Our running attack is better than theirs, we win here as well. Takeaway's we win. Secondary is solid (Despite what some here are saying) I truly believe that it has been the strategy of our defense this year to pressure the throwing lanes of opposing QB's, yes sacks are great, but let's face it, this defensive scheme seems to be working great for turnovers, so who am I to argue with it? I've watched some film on the Giants, and it appears as though Fewell is giving up 9, 10 yard slant routes all day long. if this trend continues Fitz, Stevie, Rosevelt, CJ, and even Freddy will mop up all day long if they keep giving that up on defense? We're missing the deep threat which mihgt hurt us, and cause Fewell to change things up a bit, but I doubt it. On offense, the Giants appear less creative, in fact really dry. I don't see Gailey having a hard time matching our guys up with what we do well vs, what they do poorly.

I don't see a blow out, and I see a 60 minute game, but if we can get up early, take away their running game, we force Manning into our secondary, and I think that bodes well for our guys, more than theirs.

Bills 24 - Giants 17 ..

Early line has the Giants up 3 points at home which tells me that as far as vegas is concerned, they don't know either.. :)

Tim-

Any defensive coordinator worth a dime is going to play within 10-15 yards of the LOS and take away our short passing game while filling the running lanes. The Bills have zero deep threat right now. Did Fitz even attempt a pass 20+ yards downfield against Philly?

Until we find a deep passing threat, or at least pretend like we have one and take a few shots downfield, I really think we're going to see the offense start to bog down. By all accounts the Giants are a good pass rush team; so I don't think we need to change our offensive approach much from the Philly game. But, I would definitely add a few shots, per quarter to Smith or anyone streaking down the field just to keep the safeties off the LOS.

Any defensive coordinator worth a dime is going to play within 10-15 yards of the LOS and take away our short passing game while filling the running lanes. The Bills have zero deep threat right now. Did Fitz even attempt a pass 20+ yards downfield against Philly?

Until we find a deep passing threat, or at least pretend like we have one and take a few shots downfield, I really think we're going to see the offense start to bog down. By all accounts the Giants are a good pass rush team; so I don't think we need to change our offensive approach much from the Philly game. But, I would definitely add a few shots, per quarter to Smith or anyone streaking down the field just to keep the safeties off the LOS.

I wonder how much the Bills lack of long passes against the Iggles had to do with the presence of a couple of excellent cover corners. The Giants do not have the same caliber of corners, which should open up the passing game, to make them pay for stacking the box. We shall see.

I really don't see Gailey gameplanning in such a way as to expose Fitz to the Giants' pass rush -- particularly given the condition of our WR corps. We'll be seeing a lot of quick slants, screens, and another heavy dose of #22. At least that's how I evaluate it.

I wonder how much the Bills lack of long passes against the Iggles had to do with the presence of a couple of excellent cover corners. The Giants do not have the same caliber of corners, which should open up the passing game, to make them pay for stacking the box. We shall see.

That's a good point. From what I understand Aaron Ross is their McKelvin.

This^^

And also, word is Spiller is being groomed for a few downfield routes from the slot position? Why not, right? he's only the fastest guy we have on the field, why not try a few down field? Not sure how good his hands are, but boy, if we could use him in this function once in a while, it would drive DC's nutz.. :)

Tim-

Excellent point. Hopefully, that was the plan and we lull the Giants into some bad coverages early in the game that we can take advantage of.

One thing I will readily say... this coaching staff is excelling at game planning for each of our opponents each week. You can see it in the changing game plans as well in the player's press conference remarks. How many times have we heard that they practiced something all week and then they saw exactly that in the game? It's one of the reasons that I truly feel this team can and will compete with any team in the league right now.

Eli Mannning threw 3 INTs last Sunday against the Seahwawks, and was sacked 3 times as well, so I'm expecting the Bills D to have a field day against New Jersey...

The Official Eli Manning Sucks Blog

Look for 4-5 sacks and 6-7 takeaways, as the Bills continue to sustain the, um, 'unsustainable'...

Buffalo Bills 43

New Jersey Giants - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every one of them." - Chan Gailey

18 and 1 baby!!!!!! B-)

Perhaps assclownscore has FAILed to take into account a key metric:

We have had to account for a good-elite running game, every single game we have played so far. 4 teams in the top 10, Bengals are #15, but are well respected as a run team. As such we haven't been able to just line up and tee off on a QB all season. We have had to contain a mobile QB, deal with Brady = 6 DBs, the best stats rusher in the league in McFadden, etc.

So, I think the real story is not what is our O line going to do....rather, it's what is their O line going to do? If we let our entire team off the chain and blitz Manning, especially given that McGee will be back--> who is capable of playing man, they have much bigger problems than we do. In fact, we may not even have to do that. We may be able to get to him with just 4-5 guys.

I think this is the game where, since we finally aren't facing a potential all-pro RB/running game, we finally get to see just how good our pass rush really is when they can consistently go after the QB.

I don't know how to feel about this game.... On the road, non-conference, it would be a relatively painless (and in some ways, unsurprising) loss. But the way this team has played so far, they look like they could win any game. So, I will stick to the basics: hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.