What is Chad Kelly (Jim's nephew) hinting at?

Doc

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see anything in there about ownership and there is no way in hell Chad would no anything about new ownership and if he did you can bet your house they told him to keep his mouth shut. Quite frankly I can't figure what he is even talking about.

We are going to draft him anyway so he might as well get in good with the club.

Yeah going to 4 superbowls really sucked :doh:

Elway just started so you have no clue how good he is and he is not the owner he is the Executive Vice President of Football Operations.

I do agree... going to 4 superbowls didnt suck

losing all of them sucked.

yeaaa another Kelly.. more seasons of 2nd place

GO fitz

There can't be much to any of this. I think if there was, NGU would have shown up by now and hinted at something.

What if Chad Kelly IS Never Give Up!?!

Get me Mulder and Scully on the line...

What if Chad Kelly IS Never Give Up!?!

Get me Mulder and Scully on the line...

X-Files, woot!

No way they are the same people though. NGU has a firm grasp of the English language. I had to read what Chad wrote several times before I finally understood what he was saying.

X-Files, woot!

No way they are the same people though. NGU has a firm grasp of the English language. I had to read what Chad wrote several times before I finally understood what he was saying.

That is how most high school kids talk on twitter.

Edited by bbb

Seems that maybe the pulling of his twitter lends weight to the fact that maybe he was talking about what we think he was talking about. Why else would he pull the whole thing down?

They probably tried to sneak some big shot into Buffalo for a meeting, now they wont be able to. I bet he was going to the game Sunday.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

By the way, I used to coach at St. Joes and those were some of the most respectful kids I have ever come across in my 19 years of coaching. I can't speak for Chad,never met him but to lump all St. Joe students into one catagory is just idiotic. I'm betting some of the St. Joe bashers on here just got their butts handed to them in athletics because St. Joes is normally ranked in the top 10 in just about every sport year after year. Great students and even better athletes!!!

Bobby O is that you?

That kid sounds like the worst. Wow.

That being said, ever since I heard that Ralph broke his hip and hasn't made it to any games (or been heard from), I've wondered if this is his last year owning the team. These types of injuries, especially to an elderly person, can be really tough to overcome physically. And while I would never prognosticate on how long someone has on this planet, it also can be a precursor to a rapid decline in health. While I have no idea what the family's plan is in regards to when they decide to sell the team, many have wondered if he's held on to it for this long so that his family can continue to benefit from the revenue (note that while I've long been annoyed with Ralph bc he pockets a lot of money, I don't disdain this logic. I have no problem with people benefiting from the revenue of an asset they own). If that's the case, maybe its just gotten to the point where he is literally unable to have a presence with the team and thus owning the franchise is more trouble than its worth for the family.

It would be very surprising to me if an ownership change doesn't happen in the next 2 years.

I don't think Ralph is selling but maybe letting Jim Kelly represent him starting next year. Attending meetings, OTA's, camps, draft room, etc.

There can't be much to any of this. I think if there was, NGU would have shown up by now and hinted at something.

Or maybe NGU knows this is too important to risk leaking...OR maybe NGU isn't involved in these discussions.

I can not see any reason why Ralph would sell this team while he is still alive.

Does not make sense.

Sorry to burst everyones bubble.

Well, he really can't sell the team when he does die so my bubble is still intact(for the remainder of the weekend at least).

why hasent anyone said the obvious, maybe its not a new owner they are announcing (b/c like others mentioned, no way Ralph sells the team when hes alive), maybe they are announcing who the new owner(team of owners) WILL be when Ralph dies, like a succession plan....that makes more sense