One thing overlooked from yesterday's game

On the pick six Brady was making a half hearted effort to make it look like he was considering tackling Florence. Byrd had him completely lined up and could've knocked him the !@#$ out but chose to pull up.

I'm sort of torn. I'm happy Florence did the right thing and didn't hammer Brady but I can't help but wondering if Fitzpatrick would get the same consideration.

I think there is a rule this year about going after Quarterbacks during an interception return. I think it has more to do with QB's not in the play, but I wouldn't rule out a flag in that scenerio where it looks like Brady wasn't really attempting a tackle.

On the pick six Brady was making a half hearted effort to make it look like he was considering tackling Florence. Byrd had him completely lined up and could've knocked him the !@#$ out but chose to pull up.

I'm sort of torn. I'm happy Florence did the right thing and didn't hammer Brady but I can't help but wondering if Fitzpatrick would get the same consideration.

He wouldn't. But Fitz would be trying like hell to make the tackle. Marsha stood there and shook his head for a second after the pick before giving it a half assed effort

i thought the same thing....as Brady threw his arms out doing his best "no mas" impression.....when you get a free shot take it :)

Since Sapp took someone out a few years ago it isn't a 'free shot' and it would have drwan a flag IMO. You have a player, brady*, obviously making no attempt to get into a play...leave him be.

The big thing I believe was overlooked is how the Bills run D forced the Pats to keep throwing and prevented them from chewing up the clock and led to some bad things happening that likely wouldn't have happened if they had been running the ball...The lawfirm got next to nothing on the ground averaging under two YPC...if he had been gashing us like last year, Bills likely would not have gotten those INTs...

I think there is a rule this year about going after Quarterbacks during an interception return. I think it has more to do with QB's not in the play, but I wouldn't rule out a flag in that scenerio where it looks like Brady wasn't really attempting a tackle.

This!

You arent allowed to take out the QBs on INT returns anymore. Had Byrd lit him up, it wouldve been a penalty. Not sure how it applies if the QB is trying to make a tackle, but Im sure they wouldve called it for hitting the Golden Boy.

I wish Byrd would have knocked Brady straight out of his Uggs. Too bad Brady was too much of a coward to actually attempt a tackle. Maybe he didn't want to ruin his fresh manicure?

He should have obliterated him. That's what you do. Hit the QB when you can and hit him legally, but hard. That would have been a legal hit and something great to see. Wilfork should be fined (but he won't be) for his hits on Fitz during the kneel-downs. The Pats are a bunch of low class m!@#$s.

Edited by RyanC883

Byrd??

It was the "money" move. With the refs protecting Brady like they do it would have just sucked to have the game-winning score called back for "roughing the passer" or some such nonsense.

(I'm sure the refs would make up something)

I loved Harrison: Tom Brady, take the skirt off and put on a pair of pants. ROTFL!

How do we know he wasn't attempting to make a tackle? He was close enough where he could have lunged at him at the last second. You hit him, period. Unless he stands still and makes no effort to tackle the guy, you can hit him.