Most Depressing Movie - What's your choice?

Mr_Blizzard

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Million Dollar Baby... Will never watch it again.

Good call there. That was pretty depressing all the way around.

The Pianist w/ Adrian Brody is also very depressing, but still a very good movie.

Of course, anything set in the WW2 Warsaw ghetto is pretty appalling, but once you get past the brutality of the situation, I found the story of emerging through the struggle to be uplifting.

Edited by KD in CT

Terms of Endearment was pretty damn depressing when Derra Winger is dying from cancer and has to say goodbye to her little boys - brutal.

Overall depressing movie has to be Wit starring Emma Thompson as a lonely english professor slowly dying of cancer and realizing that she really never had any close relationships in her entire life. Dying of cancer is depressing, but doing so from the perspective of someone who realizes that they never really lived or experience that which makes us human - that's tops in my book for depressing.

Marley and Me. (Actually had a tear or 2 on that one)

I watched this last year after Christmas. Everyone in the room was crying. Except me. Everyone thought Marley was the most annoying dog of all time, he was not well behaved, practically tore the family apart... yet are sad when he dies? I still don't get it.... :unsure:

I watched this last year after Christmas. Everyone in the room was crying. Except me. Everyone thought Marley was the most annoying dog of all time, he was not well behaved, practically tore the family apart... yet are sad when he dies? I still don't get it.... :unsure:

I agree 100%. I for one LOVED the ending. That dog had no redeeming qualities whatsoever, I would've kicked him to the curb so fast, his head would've been spinning.

I love Schindler's List, and while there are plenty of horrifying and depressing moments, I didn't feel depressed after watching it, because there is hope at the end of the movie. But I understand you choosing it.

I'm in agreement with you two on this. Took me days to get over it, once I realized that there was a positive at the end. Made me very upset of my German background.

Requiem For a Dream was brutal. I worked for Artisan Entertainment when they made that and pleaded with them not to do it but they insisted because they wanted to work with the Director after he did Pi. My God, that was a depressing movie.

Worse was "House of Sand and Fog", and to me, a much better movie. It was really good but so friggin' depressing.

The most depressing for me, however, was "The Boost" with James Woods and Sean Young. I was so depressed after that movie that I went out and blew all of my money on a bunch of blow.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog