Easley to IR

Casey D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't IR people to send a message. You have to have a valid reason otherwise the NFLPA would have a fit. Stop looking for conspiracy's where they are not. The Kid is sick and hopefully he gets better.

But I heard that, while hunting for Bigfoot out west, he got lost & wound up at Area 51 & contracted an extraterrestrial disease when he accidently brushed up against a flying disc that landed briefly on the grassy knoll.

I'm going to go with campylobacter food poisoning, with either a wicked acute case of Guillain-Barré Syndrome or reactive arthritis.

Both illnesses would easily put you on injured reserve and both hit hard and fast after the bacteria is in your system. Both take months to treat.

You don't IR people to send a message. You have to have a valid reason otherwise the NFLPA would have a fit. Stop looking for conspiracy's where they are not. The Kid is sick and hopefully he gets better.

At the beginning of the 2008 season, Crowell decided to have a surgery he possibly could've done earlier during training camp. If he would have done so, he would've likely been ready for the season opener. Thus, a surgery, then about 4 weeks of recovery time. How did the Bills respond? They place him on IR, a move many thought was done out of spite, for an injury that would have had him miss about 4 games. Keep in mind, he had a career year the season before and was to go into his contract year. How did the NFLPA respond to these accusations? They did nothing because such a move would be impossible to prove.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2008/9/4/607727/crowell-to-ir

I'm going to go with campylobacter food poisoning, with either a wicked acute case of Guillain-Barré Syndrome or reactive arthritis.

Both illnesses would easily put you on injured reserve and both hit hard and fast after the bacteria is in your system. Both take months to treat.

Not quite. Reactive arthritis is very responsive to steroid treatment, so he wouldn't even have likely missed even a day of practice from this. As for GBS, it can be very severe, but this is mostly insidious in nature. First, it's a post-infectious process, so it develops in the days to weeks after an infection and then usually slowly worsens. And before you ask, I'm a board certified rheumatologist.

Edited by kas23

Didn't he go under the knife for his injury last year? If so, you would have thought they would have caught anything congenitive at that point. If it is something that has come up all of sudden, it could be bad. Hopefully they caught whatever it is in time and he is going to be ok.

At the beginning of the 2008 season, Crowell decided to have a surgery he possibly could've done earlier during training camp. If he would have done so, he would've likely been ready for the season opener. Thus, a surgery, then about 4 weeks of recovery time. How did the Bills respond? They place him on IR, a move many thought was done out of spite, for an injury that would have had him miss about 4 games. Keep in mind, he had a career year the season before and was to go into his contract year. How did the NFLPA respond to these accusations? They did nothing because such a move would be impossible to prove.

And Crowell never did anything again because of his knee.

Edited by Fingon

if we are going to specualte , one thing that would cause chest pains or casue someone to point to chest is anxiety attacks . That could explain chan's frustrastion and his ask easley comment. Then agian who knows ,the Bills are doing the kid a disservice by letting this thing hang out there.

True, but hindsight is always 20/20. Do you really think Russ Brandon and Skeletor were smart enough to have this foresight?

Please. This topic was beaten to death on TSW back then; 4 weeks was a very optimistic expectation, 10-11 weeks much more likely, and thus IR made sense. Brandon and Jauron did not need to be prescient to make the necessary choices, and as it happens, they were right.

Not quite. Reactive arthritis is very responsive to steroid treatment, so he wouldn't even have likely missed even a day of practice from this. As for GBS, it can be very severe, but this is mostly insidious in nature. First, it's a post-infectious process, so it develops in the days to weeks after an infection and then usually slowly worsens. And before you ask, I'm a board certified rheumatologist.

I got both conditions from campy from eating improperly cooked chicken wings. Within a week, I was paralyzed nearly head to toe, with my joints on fire, especially the hips and ridiculously close to being on a ventilator as the inflammation started taking hold of my lungs. That monster attacked wherever it could until it was stopped with IVIG and organ donor rejection drugs.

Barely survived it ten years ago. Spent six months learning to walk again and eating with a fork. Spent five years regaining everything.

So yeah, it's possible.

Edited by dpberr